Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Bram's Blog we still have our fourth round pick this year?

skinny21

Wasn't sure about making a thread about this, but I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone comment on this (unless he's mistaken, in which case... "damn you Bram!"

http://coveringtheredskins.blogspot.com/

The compensation for the Jets will receive for the acquisition of G Pete Kendall last summer will be a 4th round draft pick in 2009, so as of now the Redskins have their full compliment of draft selections..

I think we're still missing the 4th from the Duckett trade. 3rd in 2007, and 4th in 2008. Of course I heard the value to the Broncos in that three-way Duckett trade was a high 3rd rounder per the draft value chart. We did give them a high third rounder, so maybe the 4th rounder is ours still? I'm not fully sure though.

I think if the compensation for Kendall was EITHER a 4th in 2009 or a 5th in 2008, then we should have our 4th and 5th in 2008 since Kendall played every snap.

Yeah, the missing 4th is for Duckett. And we will either lose our 5th this year or 4th next year depending on triggers in the Kendall deal.

NO, the jets WILL recieve a 4th round pick in the 09 draft because Pete Kendall plyed in like 60-70 percent of the snaps and that was the deal.

NO, the jets WILL recieve a 4th round pick in the 09 draft because Pete Kendall plyed in like 60-70 percent of the snaps and that was the deal.

I wasn't sure of the exact percentage. I thought he had to play 80 percent of the snaps as part of the trigger.

I am so confused.

I thought it was our 3rd we were missing because of Brandon Lloyd and the Duckett trade was just a 3rd.

Here is what we lost between Brandon Lloyd, Duckett, and Kendall:

2006: 3rd rounder for Lloyd

2007: 3rd rounder for Duckett

2007: 4th rounder for Lloyd (now Lloyd is off the books)

2008 (this season): 4th rounder for Duckett (then Duckett will be off the books)

and EITHER:

2008: 5th rounder for Kendall

OR

2009: 4th rounder for Kendall (more than likely this one since he played most of the offensive snaps).

Are we absolutely sure about this .....I do think people are right and we are sans 4th round pick... I remember there was talk in the 2007 about us having to swap first round picks with Denver in lue of the 3rd and 4th pick but the points value would be too high and at the point value is what these deals are normally worked out and there were comments at the time about just how complicated this deal was .

NY Jets Trade Kendall to Skins

Posted Aug 24, 07 5:29 AM CST in Sports

Source: Associated Press (newser) – The Jets traded left guard Pete Kendall to the Redskins yesterday after months of tension with the 11-year veteran. Kendall, a three-year starter with the Jets, had been refusing to participate in team functions because he was dissatisfied with his contract. In exchange for Kendall, New York will pick up at least a fifth-round draft pick next year. • If Kendall suits up for more than 80% of Washington's plays this season, the Jets' compensation will bump up to a fourth-round pick in 2009. "We were really comfortable with the trade," said Jets coach Eric Mangini. Though the Skins have not released details of his contract, Kendall will likely earn more than the $2 million New York owes him this year.

http://www.newser.com/story/6361.html

We have no fourth rounder this year due to Duckett.

We have no fifth rounder next year due to Kendall.

it's we have no FOURTH rounder in 09 either. we keep the fifth.

if we would have to give a 5th round pick up in would be in 08', but he suited up for at least 80% of the games for us.

there fore, WE HAVE NO fourth rounder this year, or next. that's all.

Archived