Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

O'Reilly"I Don't Want To Go On A Lynching Party Against M. Obama Unless There's Evide

Thanos

Again ill say it. Im totally down for free speech and saying whatever you want. But im also down to get rid of morons and double standards.

What about Bernard Hopkins saying that he wont "let a little white boy beat me"?

Is that racist? He claims it is not, but everyone knows if it was the other way around, all hell would break loose. :2cents:

Dude I am typing on a website, my brain doesn't spit out what I would spell if asked to spell a word. If you can't get that concept, you wont get much else.

Tiger's reporter who got *suspended* was a friend of his. Stop wearing womens panties and getting caught up in political correctness. Bill O and Tiger reporter meant no harm. Guys like Thanos like to claim "it's racist".

I agree the reporter meant no harm. How many times i gotta say it? I also said that im not cool with double standards. Ya dig?

Ps. You not feeling to well tonight? You are jumpy. Again i said the only reason i took the spelling shot at you, was you were trying to educate me on the english language because your 40 and im 21. Its kind of like getting in an online fight and calling the other person "dum". I have already said i eff up seplling all the time.:)

But the age comment hits home, i dont know you personally, but i would venture to say i am very well educated compared to some on this board. Doesnt make me better, but gives me the right to object to "age" comments.

Way to bold-face lie. Please tell me what the word "doesn't" means. If you weren't already aware, it's a contraction of the words "does" and "not," in case that helps.
"does not"

Want to give that one a crack?

Well, since you're such a stickler for intellectual honesty AND you're asking for definitions - could you please tell me what 'unless' means?

If it means what I think it means in this sentence:

"I Don't Want To Go On A Lynching Party Against Michelle Obama Unless There's Evidence"

The speaker is implying they are willing to lynch the subject under certain scenarios. Now, seeing as I know what the evidence he is looking for is - I don't really think that if it is found it justifies lynching. Maybe that's just me. I'm going to bed, I look forward to your definition in the morning. :)

However a random african american that i dont personally know that if he does something, im gonna lynch him, he might get upset, no?

Again ill say it. Im totally down for free speech and saying whatever you want. But im also down to get rid of morons and double standards.

Thats the thing, though. O'Reilly never said he was going to lynch Mrs. Obama... he used a phrase that was perhaps ill-suited for the world of politics but is still perfectly valid in and of its own right.

Also, what you just said goes against every bone in h_h's body.

Don't even get me started on the ACTUAL double standard in this country.

The difference is absolutely clear between the two incidents in question.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1701417,00.html

HONOLULU (AP) — Golf Channel suspended anchor Kelly Tilghman for two weeks on Wednesday for saying last week that young players who wanted to challenge Tiger Woods should ``lynch him in a back alley.''

"Lynch him in a back alley."

vs.

"I don't want to go on a lynching party against Michelle Obama..."

If you see those as being identical, then I can't help you.

Ive said it again and again, there was an "unless" and i said in my first post, if she confirms that evidence.

Now what is the difference between "lynching party" and "lynch in a back alley"

Does it really matter where the lynching happens?

FOR WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If you're going to cry, at least cry about something REAL.

God damn.

This is why when there are REAL racial issues that arise in this country, you have a hard time getting me to give a ****.

callous and insensitive.

anyone defending bill think if he would have used the word enslaved it would be ok?

Well, since you're such a stickler for intellectual honesty AND you're asking for definitions - could you please tell me what 'unless' means?

If it means what I think it means in this sentence:

"I Don't Want To Go On A Lynching Party Against Michelle Obama Unless There's Evidence"

The speaker is implying they are willing to lynch the subject under certain scenarios. Now, seeing as I know what the evidence he is looking for is - I don't really think that if it is found it justifies lynching. Maybe that's just me. I'm going to bed, I look forward to your definition in the morning. :)

"Unless" means that if said evidence comes to fruition, the figure of speech he used comes into play. He'll use his radio show and TV show to make it clear that she hasn't been proud of her country at any point in her adult life until now, and that's VERY important for the American people to know.

BTW, when I say, "I hope we kick Dallas' ass next year," I don't mean I want Dallas scoring TDs on every play while our DBs try to bicycle-kick them on the way by.

God damn, people. Get a ****ing clue.

I agree the reporter meant no harm. How many times i gotta say it? I also said that im not cool with double standards. Ya dig?

Ps. You not feeling to well tonight? You are jumpy. Again i said the only reason i took the spelling shot at you, was you were trying to educate me on the english language because your 40 and im 21. Its kind of like getting in an online fight and calling the other person "dum". I have already said i eff up seplling all the time.:)

But the age comment hits home, i dont know you personally, but i would venture to say i am very well educated compared to some on this board. Doesnt make me better, but gives me the right to object to "age" comments.

Nothing personal. :D

I just hate to jump on the "it's racist" bandwagon which is the flavor of the day. My advice to you is not to allow it either.

You can dislike Bill O for his beliefs....but don't allow more and more words to become "racist" words when they are not.

Guys like Thanos promote this.

Thats the thing, though. O'Reilly never said he was going to lynch Mrs. Obama... he used a phrase that was perhaps ill-suited for the world of politics but is still perfectly valid in and of its own right.

Also, what you just said goes against every bone in h_h's body.

Lynch means to kill without legal process. But i agree we should not restrict free speach but you cannot infringe on others rights as well.

No one is saying to jail Bill. Not at all. What he wants to say he can say, what he wants to say on TV/radio though, there is a different standard there.

"Unless" means that if said evidence comes to fruition, the figure of speech he used comes into play. He'll use his radio show and TV show to make it clear that she hasn't been proud of her country at any point in her adult life until now, and that's VERY important for the American people to know.

BTW, when I say, "I hope we kick Dallas' ass next year," I don't mean I want Dallas scoring TDs on every play while our DBs try to bicycle-kick them on the way by.

God damn, people. Get a ****ing clue.

He knows it has a horrible connotation, you know it has a horrible connotation, I know it has a horrible connotation - and we both damn sure know O'Reilly is just looking to get a reaction/ratings by using it. The guy is pure ****ing scum, end of story. I didn't need him to say 'lynch' for me to figure it out, it just reconfirms my stance on him.

Ive said it again and again, there was an "unless" and i said in my first post, if she confirms that evidence.

Now what is the difference between "lynching party" and "lynch in a back alley"

Does it really matter where the lynching happens?

You miss the OP's implication of racism.

It's not about the lynching at all. It's about Thanos implying a white man is racist because he used a word Thanos has determined is racist.

It's quite a problem which you are trivializing.

That's fine, EA. The simple fact is white men do not have freedom of speech, and this is a PERFECT example.

I'm sorry dude but that's not true at all. I respect you and I even agree with you on some (a couple) of things (maybe) but that's not true. I have many friends of many races who I've spent years and years with and we talk about things all the time. We talk about whatever the hell I want to talk about. You can say whatever the hell you want. It's not that. It's HOW you say it. And how you say it is all about respecting the other person. Black people are sensitive (and rightly so) to lynching. The word and anything associated with it. So you don't use it. You don't use it out of respect for them. You can still say what you want to say but you say it in a way that's not disrespectful. I think all of this is more of a respect thing then a race thing. If any of this makes sense.

Nothing personal. :D

I just hate to jump on the "it's racist" bandwagon which is the flavor of the day. My advice to you is not to allow it either.

You can dislike Bill O for his beliefs....but don't allow more and more words to become "racist" words when they are not.

Guys like Thanos promote this.

The true definition of lynch is to kill without legal process.

Regardless of race, it is not something you say about someone on tv or radio.

If i made a speech then some guy on the radio said that unless what i said wasnt true he wanted to go on a lynching party agaisnt me, i would tool up.

Lynch means to kill without legal process. But i agree we should not restrict free speach but you cannot infringe on others rights as well.

No one is saying to jail Bill. Not at all. What he wants to say he can say, what he wants to say on TV/radio though, there is a different standard there.

Is lynching racist? Define it. Why don't we teach our young English anymore? :doh:

Let's say enslave, are you saying that African's were the only people ever enslaved?

Let's get over it. Everyone's been wronged but no one in this forum is responsible for the past. Grow a pair.

I don't think its a big enough deal to warrant 5 pages and counting of posts . . . mainly because it really can't be defended. I'm white and I know you can't use that word . . . it's just one of those things that you can't do, especially when referring directly to a black person.

I understand the reason they would take offense and I choose to be respectful of their feelings. (not that I would want to use the word anyway)

Besides there are 100 different things he could have said other than something involving "lynching".

My :2cents: .

I'm sorry dude but that's not true at all. I respect you and I even agree with you on some (a couple) of things (maybe) but that's not true. I have many friends of many races who I've spent years and years with and we talk about things all the time. We talk about whatever the hell I want to talk about. You can say whatever the hell you want. It's not that. It's HOW you say it. And how you say it is all about respecting the other person. Black people are sensitive (and rightly so) to lynching. The word and anything associated with it. So you don't use it. You don't use it out of respect for them. You can still say what you want to say but you say it in a way that's not disrespectful. I think all of this is more of a respect thing then a race thing. If any of this makes sense.

Sure they get my respect.

Is it time for another wigger thread yet?

DOUBLE ****ING STANDARD. Period.

You miss the OP's implication of racism.

It's not about the lynching at all. It's about Thanos implying a white man is racist because he used a word Thanos has determined is racist.

It's quite a problem which you are trivializing.

The post i wrote before this explains it pretty simple. Regardless of race it is disrespectful and isnt something someone should say on tv/radio unless they are looking to make a point and recieve a backlash.

Just change lynch to "kill without the legal process" because that is exactly what he said:

"I dont want to "kill Mrs Obama without legal process" unless...."

The words oven and cook are not racist in any way shape or form. Go ahead and make a 'figure of speech' about throwing a Jew into and oven and tell me it won't rightfully piss A LOT of people off.

Thats a great point. I wish i had thought of it. Same with "gas" and "chamber"

"I dont want to throw the jew in the gas chamber unless...."

Archived