Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

O'Reilly"I Don't Want To Go On A Lynching Party Against M. Obama Unless There's Evide

Thanos

It's called a figure of speach, something you should know by now.

Any thought otherwise is just silly.

What figure of speech is lynching? Ive taken a fair share of english classes and i havent heard it before. Please do tell the common figure of spEEch that uses lynching?

"Piece of cake"--sure....it means easy

"my 2 cents"-----my quick opinion

"easy as pie"---easy

"break bread"----enjoy a festive evening.

"lynching"....?

Im not even african american. But seriously, if a woman gets tossed from a sportsnetwork for using the word, then bill should to.

What figure of speech is lynching? Ive taken a fair share of english classes and i havent heard it before. Please do tell the common figure of spEEch that uses lynching?

"easy as pie"---easy

"lynching"....?

Im not even african american. But seriously, if a woman gets tossed from a sportsnetwork for using the word, then bill should to.

"does not"

Want to give that one a crack?

I will wager there will be no apology.

It wasn't a racist comment, but thats probably a hard concept for you to grasp.

"they are gonna have to lynch tiger woods to beat him"--huge controversy, taken off air.

if Mrs. Obama truely believes what she said, Bill is committed to wanting to go on a lynching party.

Whats the difference? I assume both were not meant to be literal, but how can bill not have learned?

Why are you defending bill anyway. I have been a on the right for a good while, yet even i can see this man is clueless.

Just last year he was surprised people in harlem use forks and knives.:doh:

"does not"

Want to give that one a crack?

errr please read my first post in this thread.

but the words "does not" do not appear in what he said.

"do not unless...."

ps. you quoted a posted where i said "lynching" was not a figure of speech. Straight up, it isnt.

"easy as pie"---easy

"lynching"....?

Dude seriously.

I know it's hard to grasp the concept of being real....but lets be real.

Lynching is not a "racist" word, don't let the recent comment with the tiger incident blind you in understanding what the word means.

You are 21, research a little.

"easy as pie"---easy

"lynching"....?

Its basically the same as saying "you may very well start a riot if you do that, people will be up in arms". Odds are you're not going to actually start a riot and people won't actually be armed but you are likely going to end up ticking people off if you do it.

Dude seriously.

I know it's hard to grasp the concept of being real....but lets be real.

Lynching is not a "racist" word, don't let the recent comment with the tiger incident blind you in understanding what the word means.

You are 21, research a little.

Yea bust out the age card. Dude your cool.

I know exactly what lynching means and im totally cool with people saying whatever they want, trust that.

But im also not cool with double standards. ie the Tiger incident.

But again lynching is NOT a figure of speech. (speech is spelled "ee" not "ea". Your 40, research a little"):doh:

Its basically the same as saying "you may very well start a riot if you do that, people will be up in arms". Odds are you're not going to actually start a riot and people won't actually be armed but you are likely going to end up ticking people off if you do it.

Oh i know. Trust that. My problem is the double standard that will be set if he gets off. DO you think the woman was really suggesting they kill tiger woods?

The point is, just a month ago the word was in the news. Why not use a true figure of speech, aka "witch hunt"

Thanos, do you believe that if O'Reilly can prove that this truly is the first time Michelle Obama is proud of her country that he wants to physically hang her? Yes or no.

I say no.

But do you think the woman really was suggesting that golfers should kill tiger woods?

Double standard not cool. Its just really not smart of Bill to use that word, toward a black person, right after the woods incident. Why defend that?

Its like hey, if you touch this electric cord you will get shocked. Then you go and touch the cord and you get shocked. You are then stupid. (not you, you in general)

Yea bust out the age card. Dude your cool.

I know exactly what lynching means and im totally cool with people saying whatever they want, trust that.

But im also not cool with double standards. ie the Tiger incident.

But again lynching is NOT a figure of speech. (speech is spelled "ee" not "ea". Your 40, research a little"):doh:

Dude, seriously, and sorry I didn't run spell check.

Really understand what lynching means and understand what Bill O. said.

I don't care what age you are, don't just jump on the "that's racist" bandwagon. Use your brain.

Oh i know. Trust that. My problem is the double standard that will be set if he gets off. DO you think the woman was really suggesting they kill tiger woods?

The point is, just a month ago the word was in the news. Why not use a true figure of speech, aka "witch hunt"

Well, ****. All week I've been saying "I'm going to kill somebody if that server crashes again" at work... but I guess thats not kosher seeing as some people got murdered once somewhere.

I say bring it. **** everyone. This country needs to be woke the **** up. We are noting more then a country of ****es anymore. Can't say this or that because it might offend someone.

Guess the **** what. Don't be this or that and you won't be offended. I hope anarchy comes. I really do. I hate my country.

I ain't proud to be an American. America doesn't even exist anymore.

Thanos, do you believe that if O'Reilly can prove that this truly is the first time Michelle Obama is proud of her country that he wants to physically hang her? Yes or no.

No of course not. If anyone does then well....

His choice of words were bad. And he should probably apoligize. But, he is a stubborn person and might not unless there is a big public uproar. Im almost sure the people who regularly watch his program didn't even catch it.

From Wikapedia about lynching's history in the U.S.

In the South, members of the abolitionist movement or other people opposing slavery were usually targets of lynch mob violence before the Civil War. After the war, lynching was a method of terrorism used to intimidate freed blacks who were voting and assuming political power. A study of vigilante justice during the period of 1868 to 1871 estimates that the Ku Klux Klan was involved in more than 400 lynchings. Blacks were lynched often because they were accused of crimes committed against whites, however, journalist Ida B. Wells showed in her investigations that many presumed crimes were exaggerated or didn't occur at all.

That is why it was a poor choice of words.

Dude, seriously, and sorry I didn't run spell check.

Really understand what lynching means and understand what Bill O. said.

I don't care what age you are, don't just jump on the "that's racist" bandwagon. Use your brain.

Show me where i said it was racist?

I have consistantly said he should be held to the same standard the woman was in the tiger woods case.

Lynching means to kill without legal approval.

Oh yea as far as spelling goes, i eff up all the time. But confusing "speach" with "speech" isnt a typo, its not knowing how to spell one of the most basic words in the english language, which usually is fine, except when you are trying to educate me on figures of "speach".

I say no.

But do you think the woman really was suggesting that golfers should kill tiger woods?

Double standard not cool. Its just really not smart of Bill to use that word, toward a black person, right after the woods incident. Why defend that?

Its like hey, if you touch this electric cord you will get shocked. Then you go and touch the cord and you get shocked. You are then stupid. (not you, you in general)

Don't even get me started on the ACTUAL double standard in this country.

The difference is absolutely clear between the two incidents in question.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1701417,00.html

HONOLULU (AP) — Golf Channel suspended anchor Kelly Tilghman for two weeks on Wednesday for saying last week that young players who wanted to challenge Tiger Woods should ``lynch him in a back alley.''

"Lynch him in a back alley."

vs.

"I don't want to go on a lynching party against Michelle Obama..."

If you see those as being identical, then I can't help you.

Show me where i said it was racist?

I have consistantly said he should be held to the same standard the woman was in the tiger woods case.

Lynching means to kill without legal approval.

Oh yea as far as spelling goes, i eff up all the time. But confusing "speach" with "speech" isnt a typo, its not knowing how to spell one of the most basic words in the english language, which usually is fine, except when you are trying to educate me on figures of "speach".

Dude I am typing on a website, my brain doesn't spit out what I would spell if asked to spell a word. If you can't get that concept, you wont get much else.

Tiger's reporter who got *suspended* was a friend of his. Stop wearing womens panties and getting caught up in political correctness. Bill O and Tiger reporter meant no harm. Guys like Thanos like to claim "it's racist".

Well, ****. All week I've been saying "I'm going to kill somebody if that server crashes again" at work... but I guess thats not kosher seeing as some people got murdered once somewhere.

Nah your straight and you know it.

If i tell my roommate im gonna kill him for changing the tv, i think he will be cool. Hell if i tell him that im gonna lynch him, i know he will be cool.

However a random african american that i dont personally know that if he does something, im gonna lynch him, he might get upset, no?

Again ill say it. Im totally down for free speech and saying whatever you want. But im also down to get rid of morons and double standards.

Archived