Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

O'Reilly"I Don't Want To Go On A Lynching Party Against M. Obama Unless There's Evide

Thanos

Lynch means to kill without legal process. But i agree we should not restrict free speach but you cannot infringe on others rights as well.

No one is saying to jail Bill. Not at all. What he wants to say he can say, what he wants to say on TV/radio though, there is a different standard there.

I'm having difficulty wading through all this hypocrisy... visibility is extremely limited.

- O'Reilly saying that he will not launch a campaign questioning Mrs. Obama's patriotism does not infringe on her rights.

- O'Reilly actually launching a campaign questioning Mrs. Obama's patriotism does not infringe on her rights.

- O'Reilly leading or threatening to lead an actual lynch mob targeting Mrs. Obama is a direct infringement of her basic human and constitutional rights.

Prove to me that O'Reilly wants to start up a lynch mob (in the literal sense of the term) and I will agree with you. Until you manage to do that, he can say whatever the hell he wants on the air. You can trust me when I say I wish he would just shut the **** up and also when I say that there is very little I can or will do to make him shut up. Its his opinion, its hurting no one.

The words oven and cook are not racist in any way shape or form. Go ahead and make a 'figure of speech' about throwing a Jew into and oven and tell me it won't rightfully piss A LOT of people off.

If Burgold doesn't get a feature on NPR this weak, he's gonna be steamed.

NEXT.

Is lynching racist? Define it. Why don't we teach our young English anymore? :doh:

Let's say enslave, are you saying that African's were the only people ever enslaved?

Let's get over it. Everyone's been wronged but no one in this forum is responsible for the past. Grow a pair.

Why dont old people read what people actually say?:doh:

I have defined lynching more than anyone in this thread.

There is nothing racist about the word its self. but the history in this country is another matter.

Kind of like "gas chamber"--thats not raciest. But say "i want to throw a bob(a jew) in the gas chamber"---well you can decide

The post i wrote before this explains it pretty simple. Regardless of race it is disrespectful and isnt something someone should say on tv/radio unless they are looking to make a point and recieve a backlash.

Just change lynch to "kill without the legal process" because that is exactly what he said:

"I dont want to "kill Mrs Obama without legal process" unless...."

nevermind.

I don't want to nail the guy Christians believe is the son of God to a wooden cross unless...

:laugh:

"I wouldn't put him up on the cross quite yet..."

I've heard that one before, no one really gets upset.

The words oven and cook are not racist in any way shape or form. Go ahead and make a 'figure of speech' about throwing a Jew into and oven and tell me it won't rightfully piss A LOT of people off.

It's easier to judge when you go ahead and make it a case of overt racism. I don't honestly believe Bill had the foresight to connect his use of the term 'lynch party' with the fact that Michelle Obama was black.

Why dont old people read what people actually say?:doh:

I have defined lynching more than anyone in this thread.

There is nothing racist about the word its self. but the history in this country is another matter.

Kind of like "gas chamber"--thats not raciest. But say "i want to throw a bob(a jew) in the gas chamber"---well you can decide

**** it, let's lynch Bill. I'd be okay with that. He hurts the conservative movement.

This thread is completely ridiculous, there is a major double standard, and white people have to be more careful about what they say than minorities do, but

That's fine, EA. The simple fact is white men do not have freedom of speech, and this is a PERFECT example.
it does not implicate freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that there can't be consequences for anything you say; it just means that the government can't restrict what you say. The First Amendment doesn't say anything about how private citizens are allowed to react to speech.

You can start citing Freedom of Speech when Bill O'Reilly is arrested for what he says, or if the state shuts him down. For now, it's just a double standard that doesn't really implicate the Constitution.

I'm having difficulty wading through all this hypocrisy... visibility is extremely limited.

- O'Reilly saying that he will not launch a campaign questioning Mrs. Obama's patriotism does not infringe on her rights.

- O'Reilly actually launching a campaign questioning Mrs. Obama's patriotism does not infringe on her rights.

- O'Reilly leading or threatening to lead an actual lynch mob targeting Mrs. Obama is a direct infringement of her basic human and constitutional rights.

Prove to me that O'Reilly wants to start up a lynch mob (in the literal sense of the term) and I will agree with you. Until you manage to do that, he can say whatever the hell he wants on the air. You can trust me when I say I wish he would just shut the **** up and also when I say that there is very little I can or will do to make him shut up. Its his opinion, its hurting no one.

Man, just read the entire thread.

I have stated he did nothing illegal and no one wants to jail him. But its about being smart on tv/radio. He was dumb, bad choice of words. He gets paid to say words on tv/radio and he messed up. I get paid to hit tennis balls at kids (well i did back in the day), if i misfed the ball, i made a mistake.

This thread is completely ridiculous, there is a major double standard, and white people have to be more careful about what they say than minorities do, but it does not implicate freedom of speech. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that there can't be consequences for anything you say; it just means that the government can't restrict what you say. The First Amendment doesn't say anything about how private citizens are allowed to react to speech.

You can start citing Freedom of Speech when Bill O'Reilly is arrested for what he says, or if the state shuts him down. For now, it's just a double standard that doesn't really implicate the Constitution.

Great post. I have said it in this thread, Bill is not going to jail over it. Noone has said he shouldnt be able to say what he said, i simply have said it was a bad choice of words, for someone who gets paid to say words.

It's easier to judge when you go ahead and make it a case of overt racism. I don't honestly believe Bill had the foresight to connect his use of the term 'lynch party' with the fact that Michelle Obama was black.

I do. I don't even necessarily think that it is 100% a racist term when a white person uses it - even talking about a black person (that golf announcer chick wasn't trying to be racist in the least). O'Reilly is just scum - he knew the reaction this would cause and went for it. He knew damn well the racial implications and that he could sit back and have people like hog defended his weasely ass and claim double standard. What a ****ing lowlife.

Wigger

No we don't.

Dude if you dont know the difference in the two, you are helpless. read some history books.

I grew up and was told wigger means "to sag you pants" now that has moved to "to dress like a thug"

****** has a totally different meaning.

The term "******" is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. Definitions 1a, 1b, and 2 represent meanings that are deeply disparaging and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. Definition 1a, however, is sometimes used among African-Americans in a neutral or familiar way. Definition 3 is not normally considered disparaging—as in “The Irish are the ******s of Europe” from Roddy Doyle's The Commitments—but the other uses are considered contemptuous and hostile.

–noun 1.Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a.a black person. b.a member of any dark-skinned people. 2.Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc. 3.a victim of prejudice similar to that suffered by blacks; a person who is economically, politically, or socially disenfranchised.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/******

This is a steamer. It's used for cooking things. Burgold is Jewish. Your analogy is bunk. :)

C'mon you can do better than that. You know what I mean - if some talking head made a obvious reference to a Jewish person being thrown into an oven (not some guy on a message board making an slight play on words) people would be up in arms.

Archived