Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could Time Travel,what major event would you try to stop?(POLL)

michael_33

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I've often wondered about the possibility of Time Travel...

Then I've often wondered to myself,if I could...which event or catastrophe would I try to stop or prevent from ever happening...

Now this could be anything that's happened worldwide or domestic or even personally for that matter...

So besides what you might do to benefit your personal life,by going back in time...what event would try to stop otherwise?

I've often wondered about the possibility of Time Travel...

Then I've often wondered to myself,if I could...which event or catastrophe would I try to stop or prevent from ever happening...

Now this could be anything that's happened worldwide or domestic or even personally for that matter...

So besides what you might do to benefit your personal life,by going back in time...what event would try to stop otherwise?

The biggest event that mattered in my lifetime, 9/11.

If that's too personal, I guess I'd try to stop the assassination of MLK.

I dunno how one person would stop the concentration camps. For me, I'd go to the airport where the terrorists were for 9/11 and start ripping ass. As soon as I'd see them it'd be on like a mother****er.

I think both situations would require intelligence tips to the right people, moreso than stopping either from occuring physically.

You're right in that one person could not prevent the concentration camps, but one person can't simultaneously kick the hell out of 19 people in two differrent airports. (Though if you're able to take someone back with you, and you get this time travel thing worked out, I'll take Dulles, you take Logan.) :cheers:

I think both situations would require intelligence tips to the right people, moreso than stopping either from occuring physically.

You're right in that one person could not prevent the concentration camps, but one person can't simultaneously kick the hell out of 19 people in two differrent airports. (Though if you're able to take someone back with you, and you get this time travel thing worked out, I'll take Dulles, you take Logan.) :cheers:

Dude, give me a 5th of Military Special and 19 people in 2 different airports doesn't sound that daunting. Seriously, where's the Delorean. :cheers:

I'd stop the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, which lead to WW 1, and as a result of how that war ended, set the stage for WW 2.

Despite the theory that when an idea's time has come, that idea becomes unstoppable, we would probably not have an internet or telecommunications as a result. The computer age, the space race of the late 50's and 60's and the cold war with all the resulting inventions would have unfolded later in history, if at all.

2008 would be like living 1988 all over again. Wait thats a depressing thought...

On second thought taking out Marx would work for me as well. Then again, someone else would have come up with his idea soon regardless.

Hmmm, I'd go back in time 10 minutes and change my original poll choice...

I'd also like to point out that John Bonham, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Jim Morrison would all be saved if I owned Doc's Delorean. Then I'd get on these other things. :)

And while we're at it, the Skins would have had the 72 Dolphins' gameplan; and Marcus Allen would've gotten Nancy-Kerriganed before the Super Bowl in 1982.

You're right d-stroke. Gotta prioritize. :cool:

I wouldn't go back to stop concentration camps...I would go back to stop the war, considering how far more people were killed by the combat in multiple countries than were killed in camps. How would you stop a war though?

That raises a question I always thought about: what would you take back with you to stop the event? An Abrams tank shows up at Kursk? A Comanche helicopter flies over Bull run? An L.A. class submarine sinks the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria?

Or perhaps a well placed shot from a 1903 Springfield rings out at the Nuremberg rally...

I'm not sure I'd mess with history at all, no matter how tempting it might be. Who knows what sort of unintended consequences might result?

Clearly, you people need to watch and read more science fiction. :)

"Spock... I think I'm in love with Edith Keeler..."

I have two:

Martin Luther King, Jr.'s assassination.

Dan Snyder buying the Redskins.

And while we're at it, the Skins would have had the 72 Dolphins' gameplan; and Marcus Allen would've gotten Nancy-Kerriganed before the Super Bowl in 1982.

You're right d-stroke. Gotta prioritize. :cool:

Well, keep in mind that the Redskins showed up for the game hungover. So, even if you took out Marcus' knees, that doesn't answer the question about the shape that team was in. I'd make sure they were in the hotel at curfew, with armed guards making sure they don't sneak out and get them much better focused for the game.

I'm not sure I'd mess with history at all, no matter how tempting it might be. Who knows what sort of unintended consequences might result?

Clearly, you people need to watch and read more science fiction. :)

"Spock... I think I'm in love with Edith Keeler..."

Despite what was said above, that is a good point. Plus, some of the religious posters here may say that what happened in the past is part of God's master plan.

This is the most intelligent answer.

It's funny how people always tend to think, if this or that wouldn't have happened, things would have automatically been better. Seldom do they even imagine the possibility that it could be much worse.

It's funny how people always tend to think, if this or that wouldn't have happened, things would have automatically been better. Seldom do they even imagine the possibility that it could be much worse.

Whatever man. I'd take Rosie O'Donnell, go back in time about 80 Million years, and force a Brontosaurus to mate with her. Then I'd come back here and see what the results were.

OMG, Ax! We actually agree on something! :thud:

While all those things were tragedies on various levels, I would have to say the WW II Concentration Camps. Roughly 6 million Jews were killed, for no other reason other than they were Jews. In addition, several more million Slavs, Gypsies, political prisoners, mentally ill, and handicapped people were killed as well. All the other events pale in comparison, even 9/11. One could make an argument that the Black Plague was a bigger disaster, with 25 million dead, but that tragedy was not man made, and not criminal in nature.

Archived