Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Lloyd's Career Be Resurected with Zorn?

lovemaskins

How many chances do you give a deadbeat like Brandon-Lloyd? He was in Gibb's doghouse for good reason. If his career needs resurrection, let him try it with another team. He has proven himself with two teams and given a second chance last year with us. Unfortunately, he is a complete waste of a roster spot.

comment

If Joe Gibbs would not even put him on the field that's good enough for me.

response

Joe Gibbs had a losing record as a head coach in Washington his second term

Eh? Not sure I follow you Siven.

Are you saying that continuing to play Lloyd would have benefited the overall record of Gibbs-2 or are you saying that Gibbs was inept in judging the effort and character of his players because his win percentage was less than stellar the second go around?

comment

response

Eh? Not sure I follow you Siven.

Are you saying that continuing to play Lloyd would have benefited the overall record of Gibbs-2 or are you saying that Gibbs was inept in judging the effort and character of his players because his win percentage was less than stellar the second go around?

I think he's saying that Gibbs shouldn't have benched him...considering all the players around him said he was working hard and doing well in practices...

It depends on how far under the cap the skins get. If they are far enough under that they can get all the players they want in FA and the draft, and still be under, I think they will keep him. He might make the transition a little easier(to the WCO), and its less dead cap if they decide to cut him next year.

With all this talk about Wr's and draft and need, I'm thinking Brandon Lloyd may still be a potential target in the offense next year. He does have the physical gifts to play ball. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he running WCO in san fran. He may be the missing piece we forgot that we had.

Frankly, I don't remember him looking bad because he was never on the field. Whatever the reason, he couldn't impress the last coaching system, but now everything is fresh and new. Lioyd "is" still under contract for 30mil and we could use the picks on DE first and interior O-line depth. Just a thought

Im near the Bay area and must tell you that he has made some of the most impressive catches, I have ever seen. I was born in Richmond, VA and grew up in central Cal. The one constant in my life was the Redskins. I was thrilled when we picked up Lloyd. However I have been dumbfounded in his production here. I think you may be on to something,( about him being a west coast reciever). I got to tell you, he made catches in SF, that would blow your mind! I don't know why or how it dropped off since his arrival. It has tobe in there somewhere and maybe this offense can bring it out. So I think one more year, one more chance. It seems to fit the bill with his salary dellema anyway. If it doesnt work out, we move Mix into his place and see what he can do. Honestly I like our recievers. We just need a SET OC AND SYSTEM. We have the horsess we just need to get them out of the stables.:logo:

I had high hopes for Lloyd. Even when we blew out SF a couple of years ago, he was their only bright spot. He needs to be given a chance in August, since just cutting him is throwing money away. But let the coaches decide. He was demoted to 3rd receiver based on performance. Some people rise after being knocked down and some people stay down. Hopefully he rises. But the ego needs to be checked at the door.

What if Lloyd like wins a trip for an African safari and then like some terrible giant snake incident occurs like happens a lot? Do we have to pay then? I mean like if there's nothing left because that's what happens with those snake attacks.

(I held out for you a long time BL, but now it's down to the benjamins)

With all this talk about Wr's and draft and need, I'm thinking Brandon Lloyd may still be a potential target in the offense next year. He does have the physical gifts to play ball. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he running WCO in san fran. He may be the missing piece we forgot that we had.

Frankly, I don't remember him looking bad because he was never on the field. Whatever the reason, he couldn't impress the last coaching system, but now everything is fresh and new. Lioyd "is" still under contract for 30mil and we could use the picks on DE first and interior O-line depth. Just a thought

i'm surprised there is as many positive posts on lloyd as i've seen , because i thought he laid an egg here . a big waste of money . but hey i could have been missing something , like seeing a couple catches or a big play . maybe they're looking at old san fran films .:point2sky

This is always a tough question. Do you take a cap hit, which obviously the Skins would not like to do right now, or do you pay additional real money (with a $1.8 roster bonus due) to keep him on the team and effectively play with a 52-man roster? His salary jumps up next year, so you will have to take a (smaller) cap hit then anyways.

Unless you're a true believer and think that Lloyd actually has NFL quality talent.

Archived