Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Lloyd's Career Be Resurected with Zorn?

lovemaskins

I think he's saying that Gibbs shouldn't have benched him...considering all the players around him said he was working hard and doing well in practices...

on that note didnt he break his collarbone diving for a ball in practice. I would assume that was making an effort in practice.

Just looking for the positives I actually dont know what to do with the guy I just wish he would be productive I guess but I dont see what the coaches obviously saw in him.

Hey maybe the 49ers can use him :laugh: they suck as bad as he does:D Maybe even pay them to take him back:silly: He should have been a much better reciever for us than he has been. He looked just plain pittyfull when he was on the field this year ......i felt bad for him and the skins.:(

I was always frustrated by the situation with Lloyd, it seemed like he never got a chance, and I'm not sure I'll ever believe that he was as bad at Reche Caldwell or Thrash or McCardell or whoever else we threw in there (Farris etc). If you're gonna give the man that much money, and when I saw him in practice he seemed to have quite a bit of talent, give him a chance! I have nothing to stand on here, but it seems like he never really got enough of an opportunity. He's been a bust so far but he is 6 feet and 200 pounds thus he's taller than Moss and Randle El by two inches put him on the field!

I was always frustrated by the situation with Lloyd, it seemed like he never got a chance, and I'm not sure I'll ever believe that he was as bad at Reche Caldwell or Thrash or McCardell or whoever else we threw in there (Farris etc). If you're gonna give the man that much money, and when I saw him in practice he seemed to have quite a bit of talent, give him a chance! I have nothing to stand on here, but it seems like he never really got enough of an opportunity. He's been a bust so far but he is 6 feet and 200 pounds thus he's taller than Moss and Randle El by two inches put him on the field!

No one in the modern era has started as many games and had less production over a two year span. Very few third receivers have had less production over a two year span.

So far into his contract, he has made $440,000 per catch/$29,000 per yard. He doesn't contribute on special teams.

He'll cost about $2.4 real money to keep next year. The only possible reason to keep him is that he would cost so much against the cap to release/trade.

He doesn't get passes in his direction because the quarterbacks don't trust him. Whether they don't trust his effort, his patterns, or his ability to catch the ball, or all of the above, I don't know. He's had significant chances with two quarterbacks, neither of whom have trouble finding the other receivers, even the #4, #5 and #6 receivers. There is no conspiracy - its an embarrassment to the organization that he has flopped so badly. But playing him only makes things worse.

Compared to Lloyd, Gardner and Westbrook were superstars. Not good - superstars. Only Howard compares to Lloyd, and at least he contributed on returns.

What kind of opportunity would be sufficient? Including his much-more-productive SF days, he's started 41 games and played in 68. He's started 13 games for the Skins for 380 yards. About 30 yards/start.

Of the receivers from the 2003 draft, the only WRs still active with less yards over the last two years are: Taylor Jacobs (drafted by Skins), Billy McMullen (only because he didn't play last year - now with Skins), and David Tyree (who was kept because he's an all-pro special teams player). That's it. There will be better receivers on the practice squad rosters, so why waste money on Lloyd?

Archived