Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy williams still available?

BthatRAD09

Bryant Johnson Bryant Johnson Bryant Johnson.....I can't say it enough!! If not him, I'm all for James Hardy from Indiana in round 2 of the draft...Dude is 6'7 and a bigtime redzone threat

I like Bryant Johnson a lot. I think he could break out a little more if he were on a team that does not have Fitzgerald and Boldin. Plus he is relatively local and would not be expensive at all. It would be a low risk signing with a potential high reward.

As for James Hardy, I do not think he is going to be around for us in the second round. There will be good receivers there, but I think someone is going to grab him much earlier.

Hrm.... there's a thought. How much would they want for Rogers?

That's what I was wondering too. Rogers is a beast. He has had a few issues, but he can be dominant.

Here is something I found...

Kowalski further explains the Lions are not looking for draft picks in return for Rogers. They want a proven NFL player who can step in and fill one of team's many defensive holes.

Full atricle: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/02/kowalski_on_wdfn_february_1.html

• 2 months later...

Roy is off the market as well......

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/

Click link for entire article

Chad Johnson wasn't the only target

A Redskins source said that Bengals star Chad Johnson isn't the only receiver about whom the team has inquired about acquiring. But as with Cincinnati, which rejected Washington's offer of the 21st pick in this weekend's draft and a conditional third-rounder in 2009, Arizona and Detroit turned down overtures regarding Anquan Boldin and Roy Williams, respectively.

The Redskins source added that Boldin and Williams, like Johnson, are both off the market.

Boldin, 27, and Williams, 26, aren't as hyped as Ocho Cinco, but the former reached 300 catches in the fewest games in NFL history and the latter has 28 touchdowns in just 44 career starts. And, at 6-foot-3, Williams definitely has the height that new Redskins coach Jim Zorn wants to add to his receiving corps.

R. Williams is the only receiver of the four that they have drafted to pan out. If they are talking the redskins should listen and react. Don't go overboard for chad johnson when we can get a guy with less mileage and plenty of talent as well.

Roy is off the market as well......

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/

Click link for entire article

Chad Johnson wasn't the only target

A Redskins source said that Bengals star Chad Johnson isn't the only receiver about whom the team has inquired about acquiring. But as with Cincinnati, which rejected Washington's offer of the 21st pick in this weekend's draft and a conditional third-rounder in 2009, Arizona and Detroit turned down overtures regarding Anquan Boldin and Roy Williams, respectively.

The Redskins source added that Boldin and Williams, like Johnson, are both off the market.

Boldin, 27, and Williams, 26, aren't as hyped as Ocho Cinco, but the former reached 300 catches in the fewest games in NFL history and the latter has 28 touchdowns in just 44 career starts. And, at 6-foot-3, Williams definitely has the height that new Redskins coach Jim Zorn wants to add to his receiving corps.

Off the market or not we still might go after him.

Redskins | Team may still try to acquire R. Williams

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:16:14 -0700 Jason Reid and Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins still might try to acquire Detroit Lions WR Roy Williams, according to league sources.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#467109

Off the market or not we still might go after him.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#467109

we actually may have some trade leverage here too in the form of Betts, if the FO wants to go down that road.....I think the Lions are finally ready to admit that Kevin Jones isn't the answer...they lost Duckett, and Tatum Bell isn't it either....they are looking heavily at RB in the draft, and someone like Betts and a pick may just whet their appetite....we are deep at RB...we have Mathis to return kicks now which frees up Rock to back up CP...and we have a lot of picks in a RB deep draft....just food for thought....

Any trade offers we have on the table for a receiver will only go up between now and our 21st pick. Detroit has publicly stated they won't trade him but everybody is available for the right price. Unfortunately, after the offer we made for Johnson became public, we'll likely we'll have to overpay to get the big, experienced receiver we covet. :(

we actually may have some trade leverage here too in the form of Betts, if the FO wants to go down that road.....I think the Lions are finally ready to admit that Kevin Jones isn't the answer...they lost Duckett, and Tatum Bell isn't it either....they are looking heavily at RB in the draft, and someone like Betts and a pick may just whet their appetite....we are deep at RB...we have Mathis to return kicks now which frees up Rock to back up CP...and we have a lot of picks in a RB deep draft....just food for thought....
I would hate to lose Betts. But Williams has a lot of game left and a good attitude. Betts and a third wouldn't be so bad. Or maybe a second and we get a fourth. Betts would get to start likely, so we wouldn't carry much guilt about jilting a good team player.

I would hate to lose Betts. But Williams has a lot of game left and a good attitude. Betts and a third wouldn't be so bad. Or maybe a second and we get a fourth. Betts would get to start likely, so we wouldn't carry much guilt about jilting a good team player.

Williams was the only receiver of the three drafted immediately before Calvin Johnson that panned out. They won't let him go cheap. I expect it would cost a 1st, a 3rd AND Betts to get that deal done. Once the Ocho offer was exposed, the price for Boldin and Williams went up and is now likely equal or greater.

Unless we grossly overpay, we won't be trading our first round pick for a receiver.

Williams was the only receiver of the three drafted immediately before Calvin Johnson that panned out. They won't let him go cheap. I expect it would cost a 1st, a 3rd AND Betts to get that deal done. Once the Ocho offer was exposed, the price for Boldin and Williams went up and is now likely equal or greater.

Unless we grossly overpay, we won't be trading our first round pick for a receiver.

I would give up a 1st and 3rd.If they want a 1st, 3rd and Betts.I would tell them to kiss me :censored:.

I would give up a 1st and 3rd.If they want a 1st, 3rd and Betts.I would tell them to kiss me :censored:.

I agree. It really depends on how hard Danny is for any of these guys. Doing a trade like this wouldn't surprise me but neither would standing pat and using our first round pick on a receiver.

I agree. It really depends on how hard Danny is for any of these guys. Doing a trade like this wouldn't surprise me but neither would standing pat and using our first round pick on a receiver.

Actually, I'll be very surprised if they do use that first round pick on a receiver. To be honest, I don't think any of the WRs out there probably have a high enough grade for the Redskins, which is part of the reason why this is happening. If they were sold on someone, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But, I don't think anything will happen before draft day. I have a feeling that a lot will depend on how the draft falls and if anyone is willing to trade up.

Jason

....I think the Lions are finally ready to admit that Kevin Jones isn't the answer...they lost Duckett,

Yes, ...they cut him.

Betts is worth a 3rd-4th rounder at best. Roy Williams would take a 1st and a 2nd to get. He's young and talented. I would pull the trigger on a 1st and 2nd. I think draft picks are way over rated at this time of year.

Betts and our 1st this year would be the starting point for any meaningful discussion I would think. We would probably have to add another pick as well, say next years 3rd.

Thats steep for one player but thats the kind of deal we would need to package to get it done.

On balance I think I would do it beacuse adding Roy Williams would make a significant difference to our offense right now and at 26 he would ne here for 7 or 8 years. We have no idea what we would get with those two draft picks. Losing Betts would be tough but lets face it is he is strictly a back up here.

That is a bunch of crap!! Just because Rod Woodson said something doesn't mean that he is right. If Chad Johnson came here there would be enough balls to be caught especially with the WCO being implemented here under Zorn. Not only would he be happy but he wants to win a championship and he feels he will not win one in Cincy. He feels that Washington has the talent and that he is the missing piece of the puzzle. So does Dan Snyder. So don't be surprised that OCHO CINCO is a Washington Redskinby Training camp if not sooner.

I'm with you. I understand a number of fans don't want Chad Johnson but our owner wants him.... You can't win in the big games without a top WR. Moss is not that guy. This trad may not happen at draft time but I believe Chad will sit out the season if he is not traded. Cincy will hold pat for a while but in the end will trade Chad.

Betts and our 1st this year would be the starting point for any meaningful discussion I would think. We would probably have to add another pick as well, say next years 3rd.

Thats steep for one player but thats the kind of deal we would need to package to get it done.

On balance I think I would do it beacuse adding Roy Williams would make a significant difference to our offense right now and at 26 he would ne here for 7 or 8 years. We have no idea what we would get with those two draft picks. Losing Betts would be tough but lets face it is he is strictly a back up here.

Unless Zorn already has big ideas for 2 back sets, I'd seriously consider that deal. RW meets our needs for a possessor and compliments Moss and ARE where CJ is merely an upgrade to a Moss type reciever. Realistically, Betts is the only trade bait we can afford to lose that has any value. No WR in the draft really excites me, and the recent offer to Cin has me doubting the FO's skills again anyway. RW is pretty darn close to a sure thing, and would be an excellent fit for our team.

What kind of offer would it take to get Roy boy. I would be fine with #21 for him. He's young big and fast and is exactly what we need. I would do Betts and our 2nd or 3rd. To me he is proven and isnt a risk like drafting a WR at 21 would be. If we traded 21 for him then focused on dline and oline in the draft i would be extremely happy.

Archived