Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Agents??? are you nuts??

artmonkforHOF

First off, the cap is a joke. Every year is about this year and not the future. We can restructure deals and be $15M under in one hour. It can repeat itself every year as long as the cap keeps increasing by 8-10% which it will and has. It doesn't matter. A $10M cap hit today might be 8.6% against the cap but in three years it will only be 6.4%. That's a 33% drop in cap! Snyder knows one thing: CAP! Everyone thinks that a team that is $16M under is managed well. I can tell you this: There are no cap credits for unused cap! How smart is that?

And let me guess, you are one of those fans who think we're "1 player away" from getting to the Big Game, right?

I think both are a bit right, but I think when it comes to the playcalling, Al Saunders is getting a free pass. the difference between the offense he let Collins run and the one he let Campbell run is like night and day.

We have a solid squad, and with a little luck Zorn can step in and lead a team ready to be led.

~Bang

Bang I think we were headed in the right direction under Gibbs. Now, I just feel a lot of uncertainty.

First off, the cap is a joke. Every year is about this year and not the future. We can restructure deals and be $15M under in one hour. It can repeat itself every year as long as the cap keeps increasing by 8-10% which it will and has. It doesn't matter. A $10M cap hit today might be 8.6% against the cap but in three years it will only be 6.4%. That's a 33% drop in cap! Snyder knows one thing: CAP! Everyone thinks that a team that is $16M under is managed well. I can tell you this: There are no cap credits for unused cap! How smart is that?

Yowzah! You mean the sky isn't falling?

Bang I think we were headed in the right direction under Gibbs. Now, I just feel a lot of uncertainty.

we may have in a managerial type of way, but the onfield issues were too much of a concern. We simply had too many cheifs and too many decision makers. We had too much confusion on the offense and no 1 person who would take the blame of the lackluster offense. Was it Gibbs, Gibbs/Saunders, or Saunders?

;) I've been working all day! (Guess I needed to vent).

No problem! I am hopeful every year and I look forward to FA and the draft. We were 9-7 and easily could have been 11-5, or 12-4. I do not fear Dallas, Philadelphia, or the Giants like I did years ago. We could be in the thick of things or we could be 5-11.

Adalius Thomas even took less money so he could play for a great team. The only reason players like to come here is because we are guranteed to overpay them.

I believe that Adalius Thomas is one of the highest paid linebackers in the NFL after he signed with the Patriots.

Well, that happens with coaching change. It would be just as uncertain if they had promoted Williams or Saunders.

Thing is, Danny is getting all the heat, but it was Gibbs who put us in this tailspin by his surprise retirement. No one seems to want to say it, but the man screwed the team with that move.

~Bang

How many more "cap hell" threads do we have to endure. Every year we all hear the same crap and every year The Redskins sign pretty much whoever they want. There's nothing wrong with going out and getting a couple of free agents who can contribute like Fletcher and Smoot. This year maybe Briggs, a corner and a WR. Draft D-line and O-line.

Well, that happens with coaching change. It would be just as uncertain if they had promoted Williams or Saunders.

Thing is, Danny is getting all the heat, but it was Gibbs who put us in this tailspin by his surprise retirement. No one seems to want to say it, but the man screwed the team with that move.

~Bang

Good managers think ahead, and have plans in place for such eventualities. It shouldn't have been a big surprise.

~Bang

I'll say it. He threw away draft pics, overpaid guys like Lloyd, Arch, Jansen, etc etc.

Then he ran away when the heat got too high.

good point. I am tired of see a new thread every 20 minutes on what FA we should sign. Or what draft pick we should get in the 6th round...

:doh:

I have to scroll down to find any worth threads to post in...

like this one :)

anyways... we are so far over the cap its funny :laugh:

As a giants fan I keep hoping the skins go into this "cap hell" but they can't. The worst that could happen to them is they end up keeping useless or injured guys at bloated contracts (lloyd, brunell, and some others but this is hardly a problem). The real problem is the constant trading of draft picks and signing of FAs. The FA market keeps getting slimmer each year imo. Trading for briggs is uneeded, the skins need a DE not more LBs. Trading for chad johnson may help but the new offense would be the WCO would it not? I always thought of him as more of a deep threat and he is a total headcase too. The skins are not weak at receiver either, just not stacked. Getting a guy like stallworth, henderson, or a possession guy for cheap would be better than going after chad johnson and losing picks. The FA market is only getting slimmer every year, every team tags guys now or works out the contracts well in advance. The skins need to invest on the dline, get oline depth, and get a receiver and they look pretty set to me. The defense played great last year, the oline was banged up, and the skins always seem to lack a possession guy, maybe Mix will be it this year.

These cap hell threads are funny. We have been in cap hell the past 5-6 years and nothing has happened. What a worthless thread this is!

We cant get a big name because of our cap? Ya right.

We will have plenty of money to sign 2-5 vets and possibly 2 big name FAs.

Archived