Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about reuniting Zorn and Gus Frerotte?

Larry Brown #43

For those who don't remember, Jim Zorn was Gus' QB coach in Detroit after Gus left Washington. I vividly recall Gus glowing about Coach Zorn back then.

Gus is clearly not a starting QB in this league, but over the years he has proven to be one of the better QBs in the league at coming off the bench in relief situations.

Might be interesting to see Gus back in DC as a backup to Campbell, reunited with Coach Zorn.

Gus obviously loved his time here in DC (minus the headbutt incident). Plus, this would give all of those Skins fans who still have their "Frerotte 12" Redskins jerseys a chance to break them back out. :)

I'm not sure what Gus' contract status is with St. Louis, but if he's under contract for next year, maybe we could trade a breakfast burrito for him or something.

Since We are speculating, I'd rather see Patrick Ramsey come back as our QB2.

I'm not necessarily advocating for Gus to come back, I'm just saying it makes sense. He has a history with Zorn, and he has performed well when coming into games in relief situations over the years. He'd make a solid backup, I'd say.

I'm not necessarily advocating for Gus to come back, I'm just saying it makes sense. He has a history with Zorn, and he has performed well when coming into games in relief situations over the years. He'd make a solid backup, I'd say.

Understood

I was thinking more along the age differance and other previous QBs

Archived