Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: Why Is GW still not in charge of our D?

skinsn24

I would venture to guess that Williams told Snyder if he wasn't going to be the coach that he didn't want to stay on as D Coordinator. Being on the hook for millions of dollars in salary, I am sure Snyder was willing to let him walk.

There is 1 thing wrong here, if Williams had elected not to coach, Synder is not on the hook to pay. You only pay when services are rendered.

Many have said it was a synder master plan, and it was zorn from his first interview. If Danny had told this to GW and treated GW there is NO reason GW wouldnt have stayed on here.

Seriously, you think GW would quit and sit out 2 seasons? No chance lance.

Hell he took a DC job under a different coach than gibbs, why couldnt he do the same here?

There is 1 thing wrong here, if Williams had elected not to coach, Synder is not on the hook to pay. You only pay when services are rendered.

Many have said it was a synder master plan, and it was zorn from his first interview. If Danny had told this to GW and treated GW there is NO reason GW wouldnt have stayed on here.

Hell he took a DC job under a different coach than gibbs, why couldnt he do the same here?

Williams never liked snyder from the beginning so it makes you wonder what went on in those meetings but also Gibbs kept telling Williams to hold on and Gibbs also told snyder to interview everyone

IIRC Zorn was hired after Williams was let go. I imigine that Zorn was highly recommended by a few people to be hired as OC so they brought him in. During the Interview he impressed them so well that Snyder wanted to make the hire for HC right there but listened to gibbs and continued the process

Do you REALLY want to start off your new HC's tenure here by giving him a defensive coordinator who's pissed off? Do you REALLY want to give your new HC a defensive coordinator who wanted HIS job?

If GW isn't gonna be your HC, then shake hands, wish each other luck, and move on...contract or not contract. Instill someone as DC who doesn't have any animosity over not getting the HC job and who actually WAS promoted.

Yes but no.

He was under contract as our defensive assistant head coach (i dont think he was DC but actually above that, but i could be wrong)

Being under contract, he would not be able to move to any other job except a HC job unless we got draft picks.

Thus he could not have a job at all or coach for us or we could get draft picks.

I like that better than firing him.

I don't think they do the Draft Picks thing any more, I think Dan wanted to move away from Greg, the New England game I believe sealed his fate.

Hun? You mean to tell me that no coordinator has stayed on after an outside coach was hired? I dont buy that.

Synder wouldnt be forcing GW to do anything. It would be up to williams, coach our team or sit out a few season.

And you think synder cares about the press? He gets killed every day. I would think williams leading the D would be the continuity synder talked about.

What exactly would synder be forcing him to do? Coach the team he has been coaching for 4 years? Doesnt sound like a bad deal for GW to me.

Sure he could make him stay, and yes, it wouldn't be a bad deal financially for GW. However, would he put all his heart and effort into the job after not getting the promotion he felt was his at the beginning of the process?

:2cents:

Sure he could make him stay, and yes, it wouldn't be a bad deal financially for GW. However, would he put all his heart and effort into the job after not getting the promotion he felt was his at the beginning of the process?

:2cents:

If he ever wanted to be a HC in this league he would ahve to perform well next year.

GW was a hardass like spags. Snyder doesn't want someone saying no to him. They hire his assistant to his position. They have a problem with you but not the defense.

Them having a problem with GW seems to be true, but that seems to be my problem! The dude led our defense for 4 years, the players loved him, the players wanted him.

So they hire his assistant who is said to be even MORE of a hardass, just that he wont have any personel say with the danny.

Theres your answer right there, he will just do the work of what he is givin to work with

That might be the answer, but that is not a good thing.

Imagine if GW didnt have Gibbs ear over the last 4 years. No Landry, No ST, no Fletcher, but prob no Arch either.

But the bigger point is, it seems like we are going back to Danny being the top scout.

Your question assumes GW would have even considered staying on as DC after being passed over for the HC position.

Agreed, however the D-coordinator from Baltimore did suck it up and stay after they passed on him. (Sorry, I don't remember his name.) So it can happen. But I think it would chafe me a little bit to get passed over for a job.

And you do not want a coordinator who doesn't want to be here. So the under contract thing is kindof meaningless. You'd have to let him out if he didn't want to be here.

This is interesting.

It's okay for coaches to pull stuff like this and decide not to honor their contracts, but it's not okay for players (Keyshawn Johnson, Lavaraneus Coles, etc.) or else they're greedy a-holes (and note that Coles wasn't looking for more money, he just wanted to GET OUT).

This is interesting.

It's okay for coaches to pull stuff like this and decide not to honor their contracts, but it's not okay for players (Keyshawn Johnson, Lavaraneus Coles, etc.) or else they're greedy a-holes (and note that Coles wasn't looking for more money, he just wanted to GET OUT).

Thats what im saying. If we didnt fire him, he would be here and be coaching.

He would do a great job too, if Synder didnt piss him off with the smear

They asked vinny that question on redskins radio. He said that they both agreed that it probably wouldn't work out. If you were going for a supervisor position in your job and then you didn't get the position and you had been there longer, I think that it would be awfully hard to stay in that position while someone else with lesser experience is now your boss. I can't say that I blame GW for feeling that way.

They asked vinny that question on redskins radio. He said that they both agreed that it probably wouldn't work out. If you were going for a supervisor position in your job and then you didn't get the position and you had been there longer, I think that it would be awfully hard to stay in that position while someone else with lesser experience is now your boss. I can't say that I blame GW for feeling that way.

Yea im not blaming GW, im blaming synder and crew for how they handled GW. Treat him better and he plays out his contract, i mean thats what people with contracts due.

Remember Rex Ryan in Bmore was passed over, yet they handled him with class and he is staying.

Yea im not blaming GW, im blaming synder and crew for how they handled GW. Treat him better and he plays out his contract, i mean thats what people with contracts due.

Remember Rex Ryan in Bmore was passed over, yet they handled him with class and he is staying.

Why does it have to be a situation where someone screwed someone else over? It really seems to be the case that the Redskins decided that GW was not going to get the head coaching job, and both sides agreed on a parting of the ways. It is possible to do this on good terms.

Why on Earth would the Redskins want to have a disgruntled employee leading one side of the ball? It is entirely possible that he could have the defense play well, yet still be a divisive force on the team. You want everyone on board and working for a common goal. Someone whose heart is not in it is not going to help the situation.

This happens all the time in EVERY business. People leave when they are passed over. The company may be happy for the individual to stay in his current position, but understands if the employee decides to leave. An amicable parting of the ways. Which really sounds like what happened here.

You really have to overcome this obsession with painting everything with the "Snyder is Evil" brush. It devalues your posts (at least in my estimation) and enhances the perception that you're all about the negativity. I seriously believe it's more important to you that you're right about the Redskins going to hell in a handbasket than it is for the Redskins to do well. Your posting history makes it extremely difficult to counter that argument.

In all honesty, after being passed over and mistreated the way he was, Gregg probably thought it was best to not come back under such circumstances. Maybe their was just too much tension between he and Cerrato. He could have still remained the assistant head coach of defense, but why still accept that role after you were slighted by an idiot owner for the head coaching job. This was the reason he left so he chose to be terminated and move on.

Archived