Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: Why Is GW still not in charge of our D?

skinsn24

1. Your not old, not yet. Be happy.

2. Yes you did invoke the "your only 21" style argument

3. The quoted part is interesting because, yes it is prob best not to pass judgement when neither of us have the information. But you seem to think that it is ok to think the decision was a good one (be optimistic) but it is not ok to think the decision was a bad one (be pessimistic).

1. Thank you! :)

2. I did invoke the "You're only 21" argument, but not the "I'm older and I know everything" argument. BIG difference. I thought I was pretty wise at 21, too. Most males do. It's OK. Just know that you really aren't, just like all of us eventually figured it out about ourselves. I'm still not terribly wise, but I'm wiser than when I was 21.

3. Oh, you don't have to agree with anything the team does - you can be pessimistic about it all you want. I'm just suggesting that your thoughts (which are well-written) would carry substantially more significance if they were balanced and trying to see both sides. Again, this thread is an example. You've been inundated with the exact same reason as to why GW was let go rather than kept on as DC. Yet, you still refuse to accept it, that Snyder somehow blew this even though this is the very definition of common business practice. This is just indicative of someone who is stuck in a perception and really isn't willing to see both sides - i.e., balance. You take a reflexively negative stance and won't come off of it. It's not objective.

That doesnt really seem fair, especially when track recrod indicates that most of the decisions have been wrong.

Define "most of the decisions" and "wrong", please. You realize there are thousands of decisions made each season. If most are wrong, then I don't see how the team wins a game, much less make the playoffs. Again, this is engaging in hyperbole that does nothing to further your point. Have there been some poor decisions? Of course. But the Redskins don't have a monopoly on them - every one makes them. Familiarity seems to breed contempt around here. If Campbell were as good as Brady or Manning, the organization would look a heck of a lot smarter.

I would also ask you if you have any opinions on any of the political candidates, on any political issue, on the war, and on any political decision ever made.

I think you know where i am going with that one.

Um, maybe. Not sure. I guess it has something to do with having an opinion on matters. Well, good news! I'm all for it. I'm just of a mindset that good information makes for good opinions. An opinion based on rumore, speculation and gut feel and does not consider the various angles to the subject matter really isn't much of an opinion, sorry to say.

Again this question shows that you dont read the majority of my posts and simple focus in on the ones you want.

I have said in many threads that I liked Zorn over the other options after spags pulled out. I have many questions about the situation and some big concerns but will not voice them untill this place calms down and i get to hear a couple interviews with zorn.

Oh, I read them. I was just wondering what your response to the direct question would be. It seems that you're, as you said, tentatively OK with the hire, but have reservations about his qualifications. Would that be accurate? It seems that you're dodging the issue a bit, because saying you liked it would indicate that Snyder did a good job in picking the coach, which would be hard to admit, wouldn't it?

BTW, I'd be worried that we're hijacking this thread, but, since it's yours, I'll just follow your lead :).

1. Thank you! :)

2. I did invoke the "You're only 21" argument, but not the "I'm older and I know everything" argument. BIG difference. I thought I was pretty wise at 21, too. Most males do. It's OK. Just know that you really aren't, just like all of us eventually figured it out about ourselves. I'm still not terribly wise, but I'm wiser than when I was 21.

I would agree that most people get wiser through experience, not necessarly age. Keep in mind a what 23 year old created face book and now has a billion dollars in pocket and the rest of his life in front of him. Money is not close to everything though, the point being he was wise enough in his young age to exploit an economic opportunity that older men were not able to do.

3. Oh, you don't have to agree with anything the team does - you can be pessimistic about it all you want. I'm just suggesting that your thoughts (which are well-written) would carry substantially more significance if they were balanced and trying to see both sides. Again, this thread is an example. You've been inundated with the exact same reason as to why GW was let go rather than kept on as DC. Yet, you still refuse to accept it, that Snyder somehow blew this even though this is the very definition of common business practice. This is just indicative of someone who is stuck in a perception and really isn't willing to see both sides - i.e., balance. You take a reflexively negative stance and won't come off of it. It's not objective.

What you say here makes sense. It does. And as i pointed out earlier maybe because i dont feel the need to voice all my happy thoughts, it turns some readers off. Much like talk radio, spends all their time hating and less time celebrating, its just more fun i guess.

However i dont think i am stuck in 1 mindset. PLently of times on this site, i have been proven wrong or have said incorrect things in the thrill of the moment and have admitted to it.

In this thread I was asking for why GW was not here. I think the team could be better with him still here. IN fact many people gave different reasons why he is not here. Some say you cant pass him over and ask him to still be here. Some say he was pissed at synder. Some say synder didnt want him as DC anyway. So there are alot of different opinions on exactly why he is not still here. Fact of the matter is, he is not here. I have my opinion on why, others have theirs. Had this been last year i would have blamed GW for his own demise, but 07 was really special for this team and for GW i beleive.

Define "most of the decisions" and "wrong", please. You realize there are thousands of decisions made each season. If most are wrong, then I don't see how the team wins a game, much less make the playoffs. Again, this is engaging in hyperbole that does nothing to further your point. Have there been some poor decisions? Of course. But the Redskins don't have a monopoly on them - every one makes them. Familiarity seems to breed contempt around here. If Campbell were as good as Brady or Manning, the organization would look a heck of a lot smarter.

Yes when we get down to it, i am sure there are plently of "good" decisions that are made as well. But as ive said many times, for me, the coaching/football personel/player decisions come down to wins on the field. We have not been out of the second round of payoffs for basically my entire life. Thus, the collection of all the decisions made throughout that time have ended in nothing but somehting close to failure. ANd by failure i dont mean 0-16, i mean 15 years with nothing to show for it.

Um, maybe. Not sure. I guess it has something to do with having an opinion on matters. Well, good news! I'm all for it. I'm just of a mindset that good information makes for good opinions. An opinion based on rumore, speculation and gut feel and does not consider the various angles to the subject matter really isn't much of an opinion, sorry to say.

It is always interesting when i bring up politics and people having opinions, voting, and critising the leaders of our country. Because to be honest, I have much more information on the redskins and their decisions and processes than i or most have on the goverment. There is just alot less involved and still tons of press on it.

Yet i think everyone has the right to vote. I think everyone has the right to say if they agree or disagree with the war. And i know almost everyone has an opinion on the war, yet none are informed like congress and congress is not informed like Bush. But it is certainly ok to voice your concerns and the democratic party (including their leaders) take numourus shots at the republicans yet they were not in the position to make the decisions because they didnt have the same info. Yet no one here is calling foul on them for unfairly bashing the administration.

Oh, I read them. I was just wondering what your response to the direct question would be. It seems that you're, as you said, tentatively OK with the hire, but have reservations about his qualifications. Would that be accurate? It seems that you're dodging the issue a bit, because saying you liked it would indicate that Snyder did a good job in picking the coach, which would be hard to admit, wouldn't it?

BTW, I'd be worried that we're hijacking this thread, but, since it's yours, I'll just follow your lead :).

I liked the Zorn OC hire. I thought going with new blood was a good idea. Something fresh. I really wanted GW as coach from day 1. After he was told no, I was on the spags bandwagon. After he dropped out. It didnt like any of the dudes we had interviewed. Maybe meeks, maybe. So the zorn hire is alright by me. But mostly because my top 2 choices were already out of the running.

Kind of like being agaisnt the war, but saying well were already there, so the surge is out best option.

My questions/concerns on zorn include:

1. FO power structure. Synder said today Zorn has final call, but he has no official title or official power except Synders PR word, which i wont take as fact, not even close.

2. He was brought here to be a the OC and coach up Jason. This is why i liked him so much. I knew what he did for hasselbeck. But now his responciblities just when up 50X. I am concerned that the mass duties may detract from him working with jason.

3. Will the players buy in. The players just watched their man GW get tossed. They were behind them. They watched the OC be fired but may not have been as behind him. They were being coached by an HOF coach, now they have a head coach who has never even called an nfl play. WIll they buy in?

Dont worry about thread jacking. It seems to have died anyway.

Ps. My spelling sucks and will forever suck untell we get a built in spell checker. Please forgive it.

Archived