Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honestly, I think this board was the main reason Fassell was not hired

Ji

I thought of that too. Snyder's problem is he doesn't have football people around him advising him. Cerrato is a brown noser and there's no true GM in place. I think we on EXTREME SKINS were heard. The more Fassel's name was mentioned throught the process, the more it was likely that he wouldn't get the job. If in fact we the fans had something to do with Fassel not getting the head coaching job, then that's a good thing.

IMO we definitely played a factor in Fassel not getting the job. The backlash was instant,harsh, and impossible to avoid. I was a Fassel-hater but in hindsight the move wouldn't have been THAT bad. On the other hand you'd think he would've hired GW if he wanted to make the ESers happy.

Your a fool if you think DS doesnt atleast have someone monitoring this board at all times. Its business, he's a business man...WE'RE THE CONSUMER!!

ofcourse he wants to make sure we're happy

We buy tickets, We buy jerseys, cups, and posters and all that.

I mean everybody likes to win but come on....we all know what the bottomline is...Money!!!

and we represent that.

Did anyone ever saying anything like, what about anyone in the redskins organization that was hired or assigned to maybe, i don't suppose, monitor the site? Would it be out of the Redskins budget to even hire perhaps 2 or more, if they cared enough, to monitor the site and report back anything significant. Perhaps they could report back fan reactions as they went through a lengthy search where there was plenty of time for debate.

Either way, I agree with everyone who sides with NO Fassel = potential. IF Zorn fails, it will be over in 5-years, that's unfortunate. IF he does not fail, we enjoy a new era. IF Fassel had been hired instead, he'd have just as much chance on paper to do as bad as if Zorn flops. SO, if he did bad, he'd be fired in 2 years or maybe even the one horrible year we would probably have endured. I'd rather we just try to have a coach for more then a few years again, and Fassel has not shown he can produce anything over whatever given period of time.

I sincerely hope that Snyder doesn't consult this board for advice on running the team. Most of the threads on here are pretty reactionary. We'd lose and you'd see 30 threads calling for Gibbs' head. The next week after a win, you'd see 30 more demanding that Canton cast another bust of him. Portis has an off day and Betts needs to start. Betts gets stopped short on a crucial play, and we need to trade him. Campbell is either the posterboy of poise or a choke artist depending on the week...

I hope Snyder has enough sense to more or less ignore us on all the big decisions

I think this board was the catalyst in all of the media reporting the fan's negativity towards Fassel. I believe it finally reached a point where it was impossible to ignore, and reinforced any doubts Dan and Vinny may have had about Fassel.

As someone else mentioned, it got to the point in print, radio, television, and on the internet, that whenever Fassel was mentioned as a leading candidate, they also mentioned the extreme negative fan reaction.

Isn't it obvious? Snyder is "Andyman", its how he gets his inside information. He IS the inside.

Agreed 100%. I have always said on this board that until proven otherwise, Snyder is Andyman. Take away the millions of dollars and he is just like everyone else. Hell he thought enough of the board to buy it, why wouldnt he get on his own board to see what thousands of skins fan think on any given subject?

Great job guys. We kept putting the pressure on....and the Danny finally gave in. Zorn is the best choice we could of made outside of perhaps Spagnola and even thats a question mark.

I AM SO GLAD FASSELL IS NOT THE HEAD COACH AND EXTREME SKINS is 80% of the reason! All Hail to this board

Whatever gets you off I guess.

When the team is 2-7 next year will you be here to stand by this?

Great job guys. We kept putting the pressure on....and the Danny finally gave in. Zorn is the best choice we could of made outside of perhaps Spagnola and even thats a question mark.

I AM SO GLAD FASSELL IS NOT THE HEAD COACH AND EXTREME SKINS is 80% of the reason! All Hail to this board

I don't think we are the sole reason, but I think it played into it. Snyder might have thought that the time needed to make the fans "believe" would be a distraction to football. Consider: every bad thing that would go wrong--and things will go wrong on any team--the fans would say "SEE, WE KNEW IT!! He's a bad coach." Fassel would have to literally be "perfect" to succeed here and to "prove" himself to us. No one can live up to that pressure. I wouldn't want to. He doesn't have to prove anything. He's a football coach in the NFL. That says a lot about him as it is. So I'm glad he's not here. For our sakes and his.

I seriously doubt it. Lets not flatter ourselves............

Guest NebraSKIN

If so. . . . WE are the best 12th man in football!!!

:point2sky :applause: :point2sky :applause: :point2sky :applause: :point2sky :applause: :point2sky :applause: :point2sky

Archived