Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC just updated

smokinskinsfan

JLC is saying the job was not offered to him.

NY papers saying he turned it down.

Which is it? Ah who cares anymore. Just dont let it be Fassel.

edit: just found out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3235255

Click link for entire article

Giants keep Spagnuolo, make him NFL's highest-paid D-coordinator

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who interviewed for the Redskins' head coaching job the past three days, has decided to stay in New York.

Spagnuolo was not offered the Redskins job but his agent Bob Lamont said "it didn't matter because his heart is in New York City."

"The Redskins were great ... it was a great interview," Lamont said.

The Giants are also giving Spagnuolo a new three-year contract in excess of $2 million per year, which would make him the league's highest-paid defensive coordinator.

With Spagnuolo out of the running, former Giants head coach Jim Fassel emerges as the leading candidate to get the Redskins job.

Meeks! Meeeks!

Meeks is barely better then Fassel. What's he done other then watch Peyton Manning from the sidelines. He never built a dominant defense in Indy and only for a year or so has that defense even been good. He didn't even deserve an interview...

As much as Fassel wouldn't be my first choice (or second or third) is anyone really willing to go on the record and flatly state he will be worse than Norv? I lived through that, I'll deal with this.

Apparently he wasn't the Skins first choice either but he may be the last man standing to accept the job. Leftovers... Prepare for mediocrity.

I just realised our real problem here and it has little to do with Snyder himself.

No one wants this job! :doh: Only the desperate retreads are remotely interested. Meeks doesn't fit that mold but perhaps he was just humoring us anyway, the same way Mora and Spags did.

Noone wants this job because of our owner. It goes directly back to Snyder. Nobody wants an owner that is devious and misleading, and not a proficient communicator. Also, he picked Vinny ans the VP of the redskins because he doesnt want anyone that will challege his idea's or someone who will disagree with him. hence the promotion for Vinny and targetting spineless coaches like Fassil and Mooch who would do anything for one more shot at the lime light. Snyder is not a good owner.

If Fassell is the coach I am boycotting buying anything Redskins until Snyder sells the team. This is ridiculous. Looks around the league, out of all the coaches, the YOUNGER coachers are better...

Dan Snyder, you have turned this franchise into the laughing stock of football. If you were truly a Redskins fan, you would sell the team and stay the hell away.

He's Norv-Lite. And none of us are getting any older. Actually, I think living through Norv added at least 10 years to all of us.

:laugh: :laugh:

Ok now lets be fair here, he did have better years then Norv (at least before SD). Wasn't this also during the time the Eagles were dominating the division??

I don't think Fassel is as bad as many here think.

:laugh: :laugh:

Ok now lets be fair here, he did have better years then Norv (at least before SD). Wasn't this also during the time the Eagles were dominating the division??

I don't think Fassel is as bad as many here think.

I have NO problem with his qualifications (two division titles and a SB appearance). I'm just not in love with his age.

Age (and the potential for continuity) is the reason I'd prefer Mariucci...but Fassel has done fine as a head coach.

The fact is; Dans an *******. The only person who gets along with him is Vinny and Joe. His word will not be questioned. He makes everyone call him Mr. Snyder. His ego is insurmountable.

If I had a choice, I'd stay where I was at. Fassell gets the job.

God should use FedEx as his ashtray.

I have NO problem with his qualifications (two division titles and a SB appearance). I'm just not in love with his age.

Age (and the potential for continuity) is the reason I'd prefer Mariucci...but Fassel has done fine as a head coach.

My thoughts exactly. I'd prefer someone younger that can be here for more than a couple years, but Fassel has had success and knows the division (which people brought up for Spags, but seem to forget for Fassel).

JLC said in his earlier update that Spags was not offered the job. That is interesting. I wonder if it was mutual or the Dan just didn't like Spags.
It has been reported that Spagnuolo was not offered the job and the the Redskins and he agreed that he was not yet ready to be a head coach in the NFL.

Archived