Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Please Keep These Vinny!" (draft picks thread)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

For all of you Chad Johnson haters...

What makes you think we will have to give up a #1 or #2 to get Chad Johnson?

Randy Moss...Oakland traded their 4th Round Pick to New England to get him...

The market is different for WRs...and Chad & Rosenhaus will have difficulty making a case for #1 / #2 value...especially when he had a sub-par season. If he we can school him for a #3 or #4...DO IT. I love Santana...but you aren't winning a Super Bowl w/ Santana as the #1.

You might say..."Where was Randy last night, in the Super Bowl?"

Well...he was getting doubled...AND...he is the main reason Wes Welker had 11 receptions...

Chad would open up Santana...ARE...and Cooley would finally be able to have one-on-one with a MLBs and OLBs...

The reason why the Pats only gave up a 4th for Moss is because their FO is actually smart. This FO has gained such a bad reputation that everyone knows they can be had.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
as long as it aint a first rounder I can agree to that.

:doh:

Limas Sweed for Chad Johnson is an amazing deal. The mystique of a first-rounder is ridiculous. The 21st pick in such a weak draft pool is worth nothing. Cincy would be foolish to take ONLY a first this year for Chad.

Limas Sweed for Chad Johnson is an amazing deal. The mystique of a first-rounder is ridiculous. The 21st pick in such a weak draft pool is worth nothing. Cincy would be foolish to take ONLY a first this year for Chad.

that is ridiculous.

go pull up the first 2 rounds from last years draft, youd be shocked to find that the majority of those picks contributed to their team. we dont need chad johnson or his retard contract.

vinny

i hate you so much right now its not even funny. you are a complete bumbling idiot and i couldnt be happier if you were fired and never allowed near an NFL team again. 4 days away from the draft and youre trying to again, mortgage the future for the present by trading away our top selection in this and next years draft for a 30 year old receiver who wont produce here anywhere near like he was producing in cincy, whos also currently a huge cancer.

you are a complete and utter moron.

Since when is this a weak draft? Last year was a weak draft. If anything, this is a strong draft with plenty of depth from round 1 to round 4. Most experts say that if you have any picks in the first 3 rounds, there is good quality across the board.

LOVE THE DEAL!!!! HUGE. I LOVE IT.

So happy we didnt get all excited and jump on the WR from MSU just because he was there. 3 second round picks, 2 third rounders, i love it.

Ps Eff ESPN for not covering the trade at all.

Edit:

Espn still blows but now i am flat on this deal. Not excited but not upset. Just blah.

update!

Round 2, Pick 3 (34) (From Raiders through Falcons)

Round 2, Pick 17 (48) (From Texans through Falcons)

Round 2, Pick 20 (51)

Round 3, Pick 33 (96) (Compensatory selection)

Round 4, Pick 4 (103) (From Falcons)

Round 6, Pick 20 (186)

Round 7, Pick 21 (228)

Round 7, Pick 35 (242) (Compensatory selection)

Round 7, Pick 42 (249) (Compensatory selection)

so we receive the 34th, 48th,103rd for 21st, 84th, 154th

not as exciting as the first version at all, but still a move i'd do

Not nearly as exciting. Almost a wash. i thought we were going to have 5 picks in first 3 rounds, but we still only have 4.

The only true advantage i see is saving cap room. Besides that we must ask is moving down from 21 to 34 worth moving up from our 3rd to Atls second.

id like to congragulate vinny on a draft that appears to have been very good. these 10 players will say a lot about vinny and our scouting depts abilities. but i couldnt be happier with the selections, especially in the first 4 rounds. the trades were pretty good, and i thought the picks were awesome.

and who would have thought when i started this thread that we'd actually add MORE draft picks? crazy.

Archived