Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Please Keep These Vinny!" (draft picks thread)

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

this thread is regarding our draft picks for the 2008 draft. i would like to bump this thread until the end of april when our draft goes down. currently, vinny has the following draft picks to use:

UPDATED

1st

2nd

3rd

3rd

5th

6th

7th

7th

7th

our 4th goes to the denver broncos in regards to that duckett trade, my information comes from www.thehogs.net, if this is incorrect please feel free to give me the right info.

"Redskins to Broncos. Washington traded its fourth-round selection in 2008, and its third-round selection in 2007 (used to select Ryan Harris) as part of a three-team trade in which Washington received T.J. Duckett and Atlanta received Ashley Lelie. (This was the result of a formula which could have had Denver and Washington swapping 2007 first-round selections.) "

i would like to see if vinny can actually go the entire way to the draft without dealing one of these 9 picks. do you think he can do it?

heres to hoping vinny keeps all these picks and uses them wisely so we can continue building this team.

I actually think we end up with more than 6 picks this draft

I hope you're right, but of course I hope it isn't by trading next year's 2nd for this year's 3rd or something like that.

They should at least look into what we could get for Betts and see if it's worth it, and also explore trading Springs and/or Griffin. And, naturally, there is the option of a trade down.

For all of you Chad Johnson haters...

What makes you think we will have to give up a #1 or #2 to get Chad Johnson?

Randy Moss...Oakland traded their 4th Round Pick to New England to get him...

The market is different for WRs...and Chad & Rosenhaus will have difficulty making a case for #1 / #2 value...especially when he had a sub-par season. If he we can school him for a #3 or #4...DO IT. I love Santana...but you aren't winning a Super Bowl w/ Santana as the #1.

You might say..."Where was Randy last night, in the Super Bowl?"

Well...he was getting doubled...AND...he is the main reason Wes Welker had 11 receptions...

Chad would open up Santana...ARE...and Cooley would finally be able to have one-on-one with a MLBs and OLBs...

I think those of you who are draft-lovers (unlike myself) are going to get plenty to chat and argue about this year. I see this team not only holding onto the picks we have, but possibly trading some of our players away for additional draft choices. Though I believe you could see some trades of picks and/or players for FUTURE (2009 or 2010) draft picks

I believe that this is part of Snyder's attempt to minimize the player salary numbers on this roster over the next two years in order to bring in a big name head coach to turn the team around after two (intentionally) terrible seasons under Mooch or Fassel. However, If Spagnolo is the new head coach this plan may end up going by the boards in my mind.

For all of you Chad Johnson haters...

What makes you think we will have to give up a #1 or #2 to get Chad Johnson?

Randy Moss...Oakland traded their 4th Round Pick to New England to get him...

The market is different for WRs...and Chad & Rosenhaus will have difficulty making a case for #1 / #2 value...especially when he had a sub-par season. If he we can school him for a #3 or #4...DO IT. I love Santana...but you aren't winning a Super Bowl w/ Santana as the #1.

You might say..."Where was Randy last night, in the Super Bowl?"

Well...he was getting doubled...AND...he is the main reason Wes Welker had 11 receptions...

Chad would open up Santana...ARE...and Cooley would finally be able to have one-on-one with a MLBs and OLBs...

I don't agree that CJ had a subpar season last year but I do still agree that the Bengals, should they try and deal him, will have a hard time getting anything better than a 3rd for him. I think the league is slowly waking up to giving up too much for WR's and RB's. If we can get CJ for a 3rd rounder then I say pull the trigger. Put CJ and ARE as the wideouts, use Moss like Welker and voila. However this is one of those dream scenarios that won't happen so I don't know why I'm typing it but I've already written this much so there's no going back.

Chad Johnson's 2007 stats...

93 catches, 1,440 yards, and 8 TD's.

Randy Moss 2006 stats, the year before he was traded to New England...

42 catches, 553 yards, and 3 TD's.

The argument that we could trade a 4th (which we don't have) to Cincy for Chad Johnson b/c New England traded a 4th for Randy Moss is flawed.

Supposing Johnson is traded this offseason he would have had almost triple the yards, almost triple the TD's, and over double the catches that Moss had in the year before he was traded. And he's a year younger. I'm not saying I would give up a 1st or 2nd for Johnson, but there is no way Cincy is going to take a 4th for him.

You can get the same thing in the draft.

:paranoid:

B Lloyd can tell you all about the "Wide Receiver busts" that happen every year in the draft...

He was using that argument when we were battling over Calvin Johnson...

If you can get a Chad Johnson / Randy Moss / Terrell Owens...for a #3, #4...you have to do it.

Chad Johnson's 2007 stats...

93 catches, 1,440 yards, and 8 TD's.

Randy Moss 2006 stats, the year before he was traded to New England...

42 catches, 553 yards, and 3 TD's.

The argument that we could trade a 4th (which we don't have) to Cincy for Chad Johnson b/c New England traded a 4th for Randy Moss is flawed.

Supposing Johnson is traded this offseason he would have had almost triple the yards, almost triple the TD's, and over double the catches that Moss had in the year before he was traded. And he's a year younger. I'm not saying I would give up a 1st or 2nd for Johnson, but there is no way Cincy is going to take a 4th for him.

Good Point.

Perhaps his total TD #'s could be considered "sub-par"...

Let me ask you this - do you think you can get similar / better talent in the 1st or 2nd round?

Guaranteed talent vs. Dr. I don't know?

Archived