Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Pierce Present Clouded by Past

It's a lot easier to talk when you're play behind that defensive line. Franchises look out for their own best interest. Pierce showed up for one year. We gave him an offer that most undrafted free agents would have jumped at.

Props to the Giants for offering him a contract that he deserved, but at that time it was a pretty sizable gamble. It would have been classic Snyder overspending.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

One thing that is certain... the Redskins should be the farthest from Pierce's mind right now.

Yes, the 'skins should be far from his mind and yes he needs to get over it. But, you can't argue that this is classic Snyder mismanagement. I know it's hindsight, but keep Peirce and you're not looking for his replacement and you can utilize that money elsewhere.

Mods, Im sorry but cant take it more.

I'm getting sick and tired of this ****ing prick.

I wish he would shut the **** up. Whats wrong with this dude? He is acting like a little punk *** *****. Antonio.......shut the **** up.

We offered him a lucrative deal and he turned it down.

Why does he always got something to say about us. worry about your own team.

Focus on the Superbowl and Tom brady.

The thing that bothers me the most is that, no player from the skins has came and told this dude to mind his biz.

If I played for the skins, I would step to this dude and knock his punk *** the **** out.

This dude stay running his mouth. He is like a woman scorned.

I got a message for you antonio....................... PULL YOUR SKIRT UP AND STOP WHINING LIKE A *****.

PUNK!!!!!!!!!!

God I wish I played for the skins.

Exactly.

Get over it, Pierce. :doh:

I don't see what's wrong with this particular interview. Usually what he says is baseless and meant to prod, this time, I'm not sure. I don't agree with him, persay, but he is correct in how the league views the team, and in quoting players he got some real feelings out there.

Instead of saying **** Pierce, listen to what he said instead. Seems like he may be on the same page as a few of our players.

Couple notes to AP....

Players that want big contracts are victims and teams that don't pay them are villans.

The Skins put you in the position to make your "big" money. Be grateful.

Be careful what you say about other teams because Coughlin, Strahan, your D coordinator, etc. may be gone next year.

Shouldn't you be studying film?

Pierce has become a joke publically. You know man? Fletcher is twice the LB you are b/c he's actually heard of the forward pass and can play in space.

You left for more money, you got to go to the Superbowl, the last thing on your mind should be DC, and it certainly should be the last thing out of your mouth.

Have fun getting exposed by Welker and Watson all day over the middle on Sunday. Then you can bring your bitterness to a whole new level over something worth while.

pierce is right tho, he should have been here, still should be. Dan Snyder always messes things up. You cant just buy a team. And there should have been continuity. I guess snyder doesnt want a good defensive team.

Did you miss this part?

"According to Pierce, the defensive players are happy that Greg Blache will be the defensive coordinator, since it means they will continue to do some of the same things they did the last few years, which develops a comfort level."

Really people the continuity arguement on the defense side is very very weak.

Why so much hate for Pierce? He obviously wanted badly to remain a Redskin and still carries a connection to the franchise. It's flattering, not infuriating.

He was angry at Snyder's pattern of paying people outside of the organization top dollar while failing to appreciate the talent he has. I got news for you guys: HE'S RIGHT TO FEEL THAT WAY!

Ugh. Too many unobjective fanboys around here since the Redskins.com merger.

I agree with every word in this post.

Pierce was/is a beast.

What was the offer he turned down from the Skin's?

The dollars were very, very close. Pierce chose to accept the Giants' offer. No one shoved him out. He chose to go.

Dude needs to worry less about the 'Skins and study up on the Patriots. He hasn't been able to let it go for the last three years. It's like a girl who chooses to be with another man, then all her new man gets to hear is her complain about her ex-boyfriend.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. Antonio took the cash, he needs to shut his mouth.

Nobody seems to remember that LeMar Marshall filled in for Pierce in 2005 and didn't miss a beat.

Did it turn out to be a one year thing? Yes, but the whole defense was a mess in 2006.

Plus London Fletcher is better.

I think a lot of you guys are missing the point. The point is not that AP is angry. It's not that he left for more money. Read his comments:

"I just don't like the way he (Snyder) does business."

"I just don't understand the mind-set of that organization,"

"What you need to have in this league is an identity. They don't have an identity. They haven't done anything to keep something going. Joe Gibbs was supposed to bring consistency, but now he's not there anymore, so you think they would hire Gregg Williams or Al Saunders to keep the continuity, but now both of those guys are gone. I look at the turnover, and I'm amazed."

"In New England you see a team with players who have all been together for those Super Bowls four different years. They have the same guys. The Giants have had the same continuity for three or four years. If you want to build a winning team you have to build consistency."

"...(the defensive players) are unhappy that Gregg isn't there."

"I'm not an owner, I can't speak for [snyder], but in football on an everyday basis, you need normal. It was never normal. There is no consistency. It's still going on."

"For four years they had stability with Joe Gibbs. Now it's back to the hoopla. I loved the players over there. I had a lot of respect for Gregg Williams. A lot of people I know still have connections over there. I like them. But the front office, I have little to say anything good about."

Antonio Pierce is not some idiot. Remember the phrase "super smart" uttered by Joe Gibbs the first time?

http://www.nflplayers.com/news/news_release.aspx?id=2720

Maybe somebody within the Redskins organization should reflect on how they've managed this team over the past nine years going on ten -- and consider the possibility that maybe a different strategy is in order at this point.

The dollars were very, very close. Pierce chose to accept the Giants' offer. No one shoved him out. He chose to go.

Dude needs to worry less about the 'Skins and study up on the Patriots. He hasn't been able to let it go for the last three years. It's like a girl who chooses to be with another man, then all her new man gets to hear is her complain about her ex-boyfriend.

People here need to remember this. It isn't like we didn't offer him a contract and decided to let him go. The Skins gave him what they felt was a good offer, and he decided not to take it. If he really wanted to be here, he'd be here. Instead, he decided to take the money. Personally, I don't blame him. But, if you are going to do that, then you should be in all the way. I wouldn't be too happy with his comments if I were a Giants fan, because I'd wonder if he's fully committed to the team. After all of this time, he needs to get over himself and move on. As you say, it's been three years.

Jason

So some think the guy is a douche because he wanted to be a skin :whoknows: He has a valid beef with the skins. He went from being one of the smartest players Gregg Williams ever coached who led us to our highest ranking during Williams tenure including this past year with London F. the guy played for league min and wanted to be paid as he should have. How much money did we give Brandon Lloyd that did nothing for the Redskins and was a known knucklehead? The skins are known for rewarding players for what they did with other teams.

I think a lot of you guys are missing the point. The point is not that AP is angry. It's not that he left for more money. Read his comments:

I read his comments. It is nothing new from him. He's had a bone to pick with the organization since he signed with the Giants instead of us. Also, he's always been a big fan of Gregg Williams, so his support of him isn't a surprise either.

Fact is, with Gibbs leaving, things are going to change. (And let me stress, most of the change that has happened the past few years have been people deciding to leave, not Snyder choosing for them to leave.) Snyder needs to do what is best in the long-term for his team.

Jason

So some think the guy is a douche because he wanted to be a skin :whoknows: He has a valid beef with the skins. He went from being one of the smartest players Gregg Williams ever coached who led us to our highest ranking during Williams tenure including this past year with London F. the guy played for league min and wanted to be paid as he should have. How much money did we give Brandon Lloyd that did nothing for the Redskins and was a known knucklehead? The skins are known for rewarding players for what they did with other teams.

Again, what does Brandon Lloyd have anything to do with not signing Pierce? Brandon Lloyd was a year later, when the Redskins actually had the cash to sign players. Had Pierce became a FA then, he probably would have gotten paid.

Let's not pretend that the Skins didn't want to resign both him and Smoot. They did. But, both players decided to take the money. In the end, Smoot regretted the move. I really wonder sometimes if Pierce feels the same way. It certainly seems like it sometimes.

Jason

I guess nobody wants to read the other thread about AP, so I will post it again.

HE turned down 25 mil over 5 years for 26 over 6 years. He did this because he got more money in the first two years.

I think he made the decision out of greed or wanting more money and then realized he would rather be here then have that money....funny thing is Smoot did the same thing more or less.

I guess nobody wants to read the other thread about AP, so I will post it again.

HE turned down 25 mil over 5 years for 26 over 6 years. He did this because he got more money in the first two years.

I think he made the decision out of greed or wanting more money and then realized he would rather be here then have that money....funny thing is Smoot did the same thing more or less.

Thanks for the research, I had forgotten the contract differences but now I really want AP to shut-up and move on!

Archived