Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Mcdaniels Won't Rule Out Interview

I would welcome McDaniels to the 'Skins with open arms. Let's bring a young coach, grow with him, and watch him become the next Cowher, who stays in one place 15 years. It can't be worse than it is now. Just pull the trigger, Dan, and pay him 8-10 million. You can afford it.

very smart guy ... it's Moooch or Fassel ... makes no sens to brig in a defensive minded coach either. Considering Blache has 25 years of coaching experience, he's been a DC before and that Spags or McDaniel's are old enough to be his child and have no HC experience whatsoever.

Vinny and Snyder are making a list for the future no doubt and trying to start building relationships before they develop out of desperation.

Okay, let's forget for a second that he's barely even been an OC for a year. And who made whom? Did McDaniels make Tom Brady or vice versa? Just look at Brady's previous coordinator and how he's doing at ND? Not setting the college landscape on fire eh?

More importantly, wisdom is far more important than knowledge for a Head Coach. This kid is too wet behind the ears to know enough about life to be able to deal with a difficult owner, much older coaching staff and even several starters who are older than him.

I want a head coach who has seen a lotta stuff. Who knows what to avoid and what to embrace.

Okay, let's forget for a second that he's barely even been an OC for a year. And who made whom? Did McDaniels make Tom Brady or vice versa? Just look at Brady's previous coordinator and how he's doing at ND? Not setting the college landscape on fire eh?

More importantly, wisdom is far more important than knowledge for a Head Coach. This kid is too wet behind the ears to know enough about life to be able to deal with a difficult owner, much older coaching staff and even several starters who are older than him.

I want a head coach who has seen a lotta stuff. Who knows what to avoid and what to embrace.

you couldn't be more right.... let him prove it MORE than one year, albeit a very good year. there is no way that he would "grow" so to speak with so many veteran coaches here already, no way no how

32 years old? I bet he has an awesome scheme ... I'm thinking it goes something like this.

Brady to Moss

Brady to Stallworth

Brady to Welker (check down)

Brady to Jabaar Gaffney in 4 wide set (last option)

Brady to Maroney

Damn, I bet he is gonna run circles around the NFC East defenses. [insert sarcasm]

Dude, you forgot "Brady to Vrabel" :D

Folks, he may come down here and interview, but if he's got any brains he's not leaving New England. Look at EVERY OTHER coach who has left that team during the Beliscum era.... they've been nothing more than abject failures wherever they've gone.

Besides, he's too young, too inexperienced, and he sold his soul to the devil when he signed that contract with the Patriots. I'm less than not interested in this guy.

:applause: :applause: :applause: a guy with HC experience!

I am not saying that it isn't allowed to be posted but the first post was sourced from PFT and they are known for jumping the gun to early on things...have a problem with a fact that they are wrong more often than anyone else?

they're a rumor site

not espn news, that allows them to be wrong,and they've gotten their fair share of inside scoops right enough to be a credible source in the rumor buisness.

I was on the McDaniels bandwagon for a while. He's certainly intriguing. But I don't like him in the setup we have now.

A 32 year old first time HC overseeing Zorn, Bugel & Blache? Don't see it.

Plus the guy has a bright future, why screw it up coming to this mess (The Danny & Vinny Show). He'll have plenty of better shots in the years to come.

I'm sure he may interview, but turn us down.

The interview gives him experience. Also, gives him a chance to "spy" on our organization.

yes, spy on us, because we are a threat to play them next year in the ployoffs.

HThe pats win games, he has been associated with them for 7 years. He has been under bellicheat for how many years? I'm sure he learned something.

but hey, lets hire someone who went 4-12 his last year as a headcoach, then as an o-coordinator had 31st ranked O, then 24th, then fired mid season, and no NFL job offers for a year and a half.

On the posative, he is old as ****, and took one team to the super bowl over 10 years ago. lets hire him.

Archived