Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Mcdaniels Won't Rule Out Interview

I wouldn't rule this out as a possibility. If he impresses Snyder and Dan is comfortable with him, he could end up being a great addition. If Dan wants continuity, it'd be great to hire a head coach who has the capability of staying here 15 years, instead of Fassel giving us perhaps another 4-5 year term at best.

What does it matter if our coordinators are older than him? Pittsburgh hired Tomlin who is 35, his coordinators are Bruce Arians 55, and Dick Lebau who I believe is around 103 or so. The Steelers have only had different head coaches since 1969 with Knoll, Cowher, and now Tomlin. We've had that in 2 seasons with Norv, Robiskie, then Marty. Maybe we should try taking a page out of Pittsburgh's game plan, they've had much more success in this category than us.

I wouldn't rule anything out at this point, and I believe it was Parcells who recently admitted that, this is a young man's game. If McDaniels 32, or Spags 48 for that matter are impressive with their interviews, I find these younger candidates to be more intriguing with the possibility of keeping a successful system in place for many years.

Archived