Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official - Do You Support Jim Zorn Thread ('nother merge)

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Did GW really stab Joe Gibbs in the Back??  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Did GW really stab Joe Gibbs in the Back??

• GW did not say anything bad about Joe Gibbs in his interview, the Media made this rumor up
    • GW did not say anything bad about Joe Gibbs in his interview, Dan and Vinny made this rumor up
    • GW did say something bad about Joe Gibbs in his interview
    • I don't even care anymore!!!!

IF our offense blows it up and we surge in productivity offensively, will the same people that ***** and moan about how STUPID THE DAN is, go back and say..this is a good hire?

I don't get the impression that most fair-minded people have a problem with the people selected themselves. If Head Coach Joe Blow came in and hired Zorn and Blache, I would be perfectly content.

The problem seems to be with the process. The risk inherent in all of this is that the eventual head coach will not be compatible with this staff that Danny has assembled.

Of course, it could work. And I hope it does.

I just don't understand why Danny feels like he has to reinvent the wheel each time he gets into team-building mode.

The choice is fine' date=' but the process feels ass-backwards.[/quote']

JLC reports that Snyder has been asking his HC candidates what they think about the coaches on the Redskin roster, guys like Zorn, etc. So the process isn't completely backward. The only way you can truly say it is backward is if Snyder has picked someone from the Giants or Pats to be our next HC. Since he can't have talked to them yet, there's no way to know if anyone from those teams would want Zorn or Blache as their assistants. So Snyder naming those guys as the assistants is, at best, an educated guess based on the opinions of guys who won't be our next HC. It could pay off, but...

I could be wrong but, I dont think AS has a track record of developing young QB'S . Zorn has proven he can. I look forward to seeing our offense produce under him

I agree. This is why I believe Snyderatto brought him in. However if the Zorn and JC experiment doesn't work who will take the blame?

I don't really care. It's about principle. DS/Cerrato LIED to everyone and handled the whole William'S MATTER VERY BADLY. They shopuld have let him go from day 1.

Radio London Calling: If you are a FA don't come to DC. The owner simply cannot be trusted as a man of his word.

btw...they ramped up the defensive staff cuz rhey hosed up the interviewing process and were turned down. how comical....trade in teh DC but keep his staff. What a joke.

I hope Fossil fails miserably...there...I said it!

I could be wrong but, I dont think AS has a track record of developing young QB'S . Zorn has proven he can. I look forward to seeing our offense produce under him

Well we have a vacancy at QB coach, why not hire him for that instead?

Anyone who says the won't or don't support Zorn, just turn in your Redskins fan badge now. If you cheer for certain coaches or players and not the team, we don't want you around. Zorn is now our OC and I'll cheer like hell for the team regardless.

Right now, this process has been painful. But, I don't have a problem with the decisions that Snyder has made at this point. I don't like the way he's going about it though.

Hail,

H

Anyone who says the won't or don't support Zorn, just turn in your Redskins fan badge now. If you cheer for certain coaches or players and not the team, we don't want you around. Zorn is now our OC and I'll cheer like hell for the team regardless.

Right now, this process has been painful. But, I don't have a problem with the decisions that Snyder has made at this point. I don't like the way he's going about it though.

Hail,

H

you're such a swell guy!

JLC reports that Snyder has been asking his HC candidates what they think about the coaches on the Redskin roster, guys like Zorn, etc. So the process isn't completely backward. The only way you can truly say it is backward is if Snyder has picked someone from the Giants or Pats to be our next HC. Since he can't have talked to them yet, there's no way to know if anyone from those teams would want Zorn or Blache as their assistants. So Snyder naming those guys as the assistants is, at best, an educated guess based on the opinions of guys who won't be our next HC. It could pay off, but...

gimme a break......the implication is that each one of the candidates would therefore agree on the same singings/strategy...nonsense! they decided from the git go that Williams wasn't their man and boxed themselves in when they wre turned down on repeated DC efforts. sooooo.....you basically fire Williams which is the same as saying "you failed"....but promote his staff?

this whole thing has been handled badly. Snyeratto will no doubt spin it when all is done.....but he hosed over a lot of people.

Jim Zorn was Offensive Co-Ordinator of Utah State from 1992-1994

I understand this was 15 years ago and college is different than the NFL so it probably doesn't mean much but I would be curious to see what kind of offensive rankings Utah State compiled during that period. I have tried to look it up but all I can find is the team record from that period, if anyone can post the info it would be appreciated!

I hate the hiring, and really wish we would've kept Saunders. It just started to look like his offense was clicking with everyone, and Collins gave the blueprint to how to make it work.

That being said, I'm optimistic about Zorn. Let's hope he comes in here, and builds from what he's been given, and finally makes this offense exceed it's potential.

I really, really like this hiring, and I am very excited to see what Zorn can do with our offense and where he can take Jason as a QB. I believe, even with a new system installed, we will seem more long-term, consistent offensive production.

The best litmus test I know of, as far as Zorn is concerned, is Seattle's desire to have kept him. When your previous employer doesn't want you to leave, that's a good thing.

I think the best litmus test is other team's desire to acquire him. When other teams have no interest in a guy as OC, then that's a bad thing.

Seattle might want to keep him as QB coach for any number of reasons, and it might be just because he was a player there (the whole sentimentality angle).

My problem with Zorn is that he has been a QB coach for 9 years. No team has expressed interest in him being an OC. Along come the Skins: after failing to get the QB coach we wanted (SD's QB coach) we fall back on Zorn.

The best litmus test as to how good you are is the demand you are in. Zorn does not appear to be in demand at all around the league, and now we have turned over our offense to a giant question mark.

Incidentally, I would note that teams were lining up for Al Saunders once we fired him. As per the litmus test, I think we can say he was in pretty much high demand.

I think the best litmus test is other team's desire to acquire him. When other teams have no interest in a guy as OC, then that's a bad thing.

Seattle might want to keep him as QB coach for any number of reasons, and it might be just because he was a player there (the whole sentimentality angle).

My problem with Zorn is that he has been a QB coach for 9 years. No team has expressed interest in him being an OC. Along come the Skins: after failing to get the QB coach we wanted (SD's QB coach) we fall back on Zorn.

The best litmus test as to how good you are is the demand you are in. Zorn does not appear to be in demand at all around the league, and now we have turned over our offense to a giant question mark.

Incidentally, I would note that teams were lining up for Al Saunders once we fired him. As per the litmus test, I think we can say he was in pretty much high demand.

Joe Gibbs wasn't in high demand the first time he was hired by the Skins.

Mike Tomlin wasn't in high demand.

Norv Turner wasn't in high demand (knock him if you want, his team did go to the AFC championship game).

Bill Belichick wasn't in high demand when he went to the Pats.

I could go on.

Archived