Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official - Do You Support Jim Zorn Thread ('nother merge)

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Did GW really stab Joe Gibbs in the Back??  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Did GW really stab Joe Gibbs in the Back??

• GW did not say anything bad about Joe Gibbs in his interview, the Media made this rumor up
    • GW did not say anything bad about Joe Gibbs in his interview, Dan and Vinny made this rumor up
    • GW did say something bad about Joe Gibbs in his interview
    • I don't even care anymore!!!!

i like the hiring, and with all due respect for saunders that offense never seem to fit. it was laways uncomfortable, we are a team that needs to establish the line of scrimage,

and that never happened with al's offense. what works with one doesn't always work with another.

I think Campbell was struggling to learn that bajillion page playbook.

Collins had years to master it. Campbell barely had a year.

Saunders was alright but maybe now Campbell can show what he's really made of.

Trent Green didn't seem to have any problem with it and it didn't take him 10 years to master it.

The WCO is actually just as complicated as Al Saunders offense. It's not a drop back in the pocket and wait for the open receiver type of Offense that Campbell would do good at (game management). With the WCO, you have to have quick reads (a Campbell weakness), see the whole field (another Campbell weakness), Quick release of the ball (another Campbell weakness) and be able to spot and hit your secondary receivers, accurately (and yet another Campbell weakness). You don't have much of a down field attack with the long passes (again, another Campbell weakness) so his constant over throwing of the receiver shouldn't be too much of a factor.

Yeah, we'll see what Campbell's made of and if he can't grasp this offense by mid season, bench him.

As far as support for Zorn, I think we should see who our next HC is before deciding as we still have to see how this all plays out between him and who ever the hell our next HC is. There's still a lot more in play here than just Jim Zorn. The circus isn't over yet people

Archived