Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Petition for Ron Meeks as HC Thread! (merged)

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm tired of retread coaches, I never liked Fassel when he was in NY, and I won't like him if he coaches here. I like WIlliams, but if the roses aren't in alignment for him to be the hire, then I want someone from outside the organization who can really bring something new to the team.

Fassel won't do that in my opinion. I for one think if we are going to be taking a step back with our coaching staff, let's do it by hiring Ron Meeks!

WHo's with me?

So I've added a poll, if Greg Williams isn't who snyder wants will you support Ron Meeks as Head Coach of the Washington Redskins?

i think meeks would be a great hire, and i was disappointed when we didn't hear anything else about him following his interview.

i know at 53 he's not a "young" coordinator, but he comes from a successful franchise, used to be with the skins, and let's be honest, any alternative to fassel is more exciting at this point.

Honestly, I don't think any one of us knows enough about Meeks to declare support for him. I recall that he was on the Skins' staff briefly as a DB coach or something, under Marty as I recall. The only thing I can say about him is he's not Fassel, which is a positive. But the idea of hiring Meeks when GW is right down the hall doesn't make much sense to me.

In fact, if Snyder is determined not to hire GW for whatever reason, why not promote Byner to HC? I think he'd do a great job, and we could be assured of a reasonable amount of continuity.

I say we give Ron Meeks DC from the colts a shot for HC here. Hes a people coach and has made a team better everywhere he went starting in the 90s with dallas and then with rams and now with the colts. what you guys think?

Search function pal.

You think this deserves to be in the other Meeks threads? I kinda disagree. I mean its nothing original, but those threads are what 5 hours old, maybe 6 hours. They aren't even on the first page any more. How could anybody be expected to know that such threads exist?

Do you really expect somebody to use the search function?

Rather go with Spanuolo. Either one is obviously unproven and therefore a gamble, but I always wonder when a coordinator has great success under a head coach who is known for being gifted on that side of the ball.

In other words, while the Colts D has been impressive at times, Tony Dungy is really the architect of that defense. He's the "designer." Meeks is more like a caretaker. That does NOT mean that Meeks isn't a great defensive mind or that he won't be a great head coach, it just gives me pause.

Spags, on the other hand, seems to be truly in charge of that defense. Sink or swim, he seems to be the man there. I really liked how that defense bounced back from their horrid start and I really like how Spags seems to be the catalyst there. He values getting pressure on the QB and the Giants have shut teams down w/o being overly strong in terms of talent in the defensive backfield, which impresses me.

I would like to see Meeks get hired. Let's face it Redskins fans, the O this year was not as good as expected. Al Saunders did not work out in DC. Way too much motion and pulling the reigns in on JC. Also, the Defense underachieved too, even though we never got beat deep like last year, we have way too much talent to be ranked in the teens in total defense. We needed new coordinators. To be quite honest, we made the playoffs purely because of emotion and intensity, not really strategy. Do you remember Indy's defense before Meeks tranformed it? They were number three this year and they have been awesome every other year besides the 06' campaign when they were struck with injuries. Zorn will mold Campbell into a Matt Hasselbeck type of passer and with another tall WR, the Redskins offense will look alot like Seattle's. Blache and Meeks will combine to reload a solid defense. Redskins fans: This would be a great hire.

However, if Fassel gets the job, disregard everything I said. Snyder is a loser and we are stuck with a few more losing seasons.

PLEASE HIRE MEEKS

disagree...

Leave Blache alone..He will do great things. Hire somebody who approves the DC and OC nepolian has hired. God forbid it Fassel or Mooch because these guys have balls the size of sub-atomic particles. Go get Grimm I say.

You have to admit Meeks would be a better hire than Fassel...And I don't get the whole thing about Russ Grimm. I know he was a fantastic Redskin and he was great for this team but that doesn't necessarily mean he would be a good Head Coach.

Spoke with a friend today, who worked with Ron Meeks when he was a graduate assistant at Miami. (Meeks that is, under Dennis Erickson). His opinion about Ron Meeks: "He was certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed"

He then said that "Im sure he is better now based on his experience" but was not too optimistic that he was the answer we are looking for.

Just wanted to throw it out there, FWIW.

Archived