Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please Sell the Team Mr. Snyder ("Snyder Sux" Thread Merged - M.E.T.)

chief_redskin_fan

Which is what Snyder has done. Kudos to him on that

However, he is about to make a very poor choice in Fassel. Is there any tangible reason to bring him on board as head coach?

its just a rumor dude... I mean, Pete Carroll is still being rumored and package deals with Rex Ryan or Brian Billick.... I mean, I think we all need just a little more patience and know that the media just LOVES to hype things up....

I know this is what none of us wanted or expected...i myself wanted either Cowher, Grimm, or Spags...but we have no say in the matter that is obvious...so all we can do is give our team the support it deserves and hope for the best...if it is a failure then we just hope it is over quickly

I'm just having a real hard time figuring out what Snyder's primary motivation is.

I don't hate the guy, I just don't get it.

If his primary motivation is winning, where is the President of the team, a big-time football guy who knows how to run a franchise?

And it would be nice if his secondary motivation was at least being liked (not loved, we're no where close to that) by the fan base. He'll never be the squire, but come on, throw us a bone every once in a while.

We pay your ridiculous parking fees, show up at your orange and purple stadium, eat and drink your exorbitantly priced food, endure all the commercials and lack of a real replay screen, buy your "limited-edition" merchandise that you release every year, and in general we live and die with this team.

Isn't there part of this bargain that you hold up?

We appreciate you sparing no expense when it comes to player and coach salaries, but we're more concerned with winning ballgames.

Aren't you?

Which is what Snyder has done. Kudos to him on that

However, he is about to make a very poor choice in Fassel. Is there any tangible reason to bring him on board as head coach?

To us? No. But we don't spend the time and resources researching these decisions like Snyder does.

I think it's fun to imagine that all he does is eat at Morton's and fly on his plane, but he takes his role as owner very seriously and maybe, just maybe, he knows what he is doing.

The owner of the Redskins owes us nothing. He is trying to do the best he can for his team. Let's be supportive.

It is a disrespect to Gregg Williams, to the Redskins players, to Sean Taylor and his memory, to Joe Gibbs, to the Redskins fans, and all of those who are emotionally invested in this franchise.

How? To take your time to find the best coach is disrectful to GW? That doesn't make any sense. To not take the time to find the right coach -- whomever it is -- is disrespectful to Redskin fans.

I didn't detect any hate. I detect frustration and the fact that we just might end up with Fassel as our next HC when players, coaches and Redskin fans in the majority are asking Dan to give GW a chance.

It's his defenses that have kept us the 2 chases we had at the playoffs. It his defenses that were ranked in the top 10, 3 out of 4 years.

So show me the hate....................:doh:

I dont' think they're asking to give Gregg Williams a chance, but rather that Fassel is a poor hire. I'd rather have a bunch of coaches before Gregg Williams....Fassel is not one of them.

To us? No. But we don't spend the time and resources researching these decisions like Snyder does.

I think it's fun to imagine that all he does is eat at Morton's and fly on his plane, but he takes his role as owner very seriously and maybe, just maybe, he knows what he is doing.

The owner of the Redskins owes us nothing. He is trying to do the best he can for his team. Let's be supportive.

I am not questioning his desire, or the amount of time he spends doing what he does

I am seriously questioning his intelligence and decision making ability

The choice does NOT have to be Gregg Williams. The OP stated that, but I disagree.

In fact, going outside the organization would probably be better

But a 58 year old retread? Seriously, a guy who had a mediocre record in NY, and took a team that got hot to the Superbowl.

Its about results. Fassel has not shown the results the last 4 years to warrant another chance as an HC

I will not repurchase season tickets with a Fassel hire.

now that is how you go about it. you can be a fan and not attend games at fed ex.

I might even root for us to lose as sick as that sounds. Just so that he might learn a lesson.

that's where you lose it. not sure what lesson you're teaching dan by not being a fan.

I didn't detect any hate. I detect frustration and the fact that we just might end up with Fassel as our next HC when players, coaches and Redskin fans in the majority are asking Dan to give GW a chance.

It's his defenses that have kept us the 2 chases we had at the playoffs. It his defenses that were ranked in the top 10, 3 out of 4 years.

So show me the hate....................:doh:

This same stuff has been discussed over and over again here this week. Do you guys just show up and post your vent without reading previous threads? Read, then post an original thought. I probably should just stay away until a hire is made. It's like "Groundhog Day" around here.

I am not questioning his desire, or the amount of time he spends doing what he does

I am seriously questioning his intelligence and decision making ability

The choice does NOT have to be Gregg Williams. The OP stated that, but I disagree.

In fact, going outside the organization would probably be better

But a 58 year old retread? Seriously, a guy who had a mediocre record in NY, and took a team that got hot to the Superbowl.

Its about results. Fassel has not shown the results the last 4 years to warrant another chance as an HC

You make solid points...I'm not really debating that. Personally, when Gibbs stepped down Fassel wasn't on my radar either. I never considered him a good replacement. All I'm saying is that we don't spend the time interviewing people or researching these things that Vinny and Dan do.

I don't know about you but I have a job, a family, hobbies, other interests that take away from me doing any type of research (other than reading these boards) when it comes to football operations of the Redskins. This is what Dan has spent most of his time on since Gibbs stepped down. Isn't there a chance that he's picking the right guy (despite what you and I might think)??

I don't think we can make yet this statement about Snyder. All this angst is based off pure speculation. maybe Fassel, does become the next head coach, but maybe there is something all together else going on. We won't know until we know....or Andyman speaks. At that point, I don't think we can form an opinion on whether Snyder owes us better.

We're sitting in a vacuum right now and I know we all want answers..and now....:) but we just don't know. Sometimes I think all these rumors and speculation make it worse than it really needs to be.

DO YOU NOT HEAR US CRYING OUT, HIRE GREGG WILLIAMS AS OUR NEXT COACH!

The only thing he hears is the "ka-ching" of the cash registers. The only way to get his attention is to hit his wallet by not going to games, not buying merchandise and not watching the skinz. Not suggesting that's what we do.. just saying that's the only way to get his attention.

Archived