Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please Sell the Team Mr. Snyder ("Snyder Sux" Thread Merged - M.E.T.)

chief_redskin_fan

If Fassal is hired I will not buy or attend a single redskins game until he is fired. It is ridiculous that Synder has the clear decision right infront of him with Williams and he is going to screw this up.

I am sick of having to defend a stupid owner that just wants money. Have you learned nothing from Gibbs?

Sell the team now! All you are is nothing but a rich piece of human excrement. You know nothing about football, and know nothing about what it means to be a redskin fan. You claim to be a fan but there are tons of people who were fans of this great team before your rich ***** was even thought of. Those are the people who I really feel for now!

We all heard the comment "If it ain't broke don't fix it" by Snyder when asked about hiring Gibbs replacement. If Dan hires Fassel, I view that as breaking his word (and our trust). I will have lost all faith in Snyder and will soon believe his word means nothing. Please say it ain't so. Anybody want my season tickets?

so if hiring williams breaks it thats ok?

Snyder has to be the worst owner in the league. He will never learn. This team will be mediocre as long as Snyder is our owner. Hell, if a hall of fame coach couldn't do it, nobody else could.

Snyder is bad,but Ford (LIONS) has to be the worst owner in the league.

"And Cerrato did a nice job this year with the depth."

I agree, the Redskins had good depth this year. UNlike in previous years, before Gibbs, when Cerrato hired any big name has-been available.

Thus, I would not credit Cerrato unilaterally in finding depth. In fact, I would guess the Skins found quality depth in spite of him

You'd make a good wife. You never forgive mistakes of the past. You don't believe that a man can grow and learn from them.

Everything that went bad was Vinnie's fault. Don't give him any credit for the good moves that this team has made. You guys need to let go of 2000-2003. Let's find out if Snyder and Cerrato have learned from the past and from Gibbs.

My first superbowl was 72 season pitting Skins against Dolphins and have been the most FANatical of fans ever since. I never thought I would see a day when being a fan seemed hopeless.

Did you forget all those hope filled years with Norv?

'94 3 wins

'95 6 wins

'98 6 wins

The day has come. Vin Cerrato has been promoted. To this point, the worst decision ever was the hire of Steve Spurrier. But who was behind that decision but vinny boy and pepper head.

Vinny has a Superbowl ring and 18 years experience in the Personnel.

Sell the team Mr. Snyder, before you destroy it. And lose your fans and revenue in the process.

The last thing the Mr. Snyder is interested in is destroying a team he has way more invested in the anyone on this board.

Bringing Joe Gibbs back was arguably the best move made by this confused group. Continuity would seem to make sense. But even that is not so paramount as providing the sound basis for decision making. Cerrato makes such a basis IMPOSSIBLE.

Perhaps the Owner after working 4 years around Greg Williams is not enamored with turning over his 800 million dollar investment to Mr. Williams as a Head Coach.

I cringe at the thought of Fassel or Mora. Cowher would be okay. Williams seems to give the Skins the greatest chance of success, at least in the short term. But I am not even talking about the coaching decision.

You have never met nor known the people you are disparaging

Mora is not in the running

Cower has not been interviewed or if he has been its been VERY secret.

Fassell has been twice the NFL Coach of the year

He has taken a team to the Superbowl

He distinguished himself by leaving NY as classy as any lame duck in NFL that I know of.

He has a Career winning record as a Head Coach in the NFL

If Mr. Snyder and Vinny choose him it will be becuase they feel he is the best for the job.

Perhaps with time when all is known you may come back and be the fan you have been as for now your upset and emotional (who hasn't been these last few months).

Get a GM, get rid of Cerrato, lose your fans or sell the team.

You simply have not made a valid case for Firing Vinny

You'd make a good wife. You never forgive mistakes of the past. You don't believe that a man can grow and learn from them.

Everything that went bad was Vinnie's fault. Don't give him any credit for the good moves that this team has made. You guys need to let go of 2000-2003. Let's find out if Snyder and Cerrato have learned from the past and from Gibbs.

Preach to them!!!

What if Snyder is hiring Fassel *just* to be the head coach? Isn't it possible, if not likely, that Saunders and Williams would stay? They are under contract, huge contacts actually, and there aren't a bunch of other teams trying to interview them.

So, if Fassel is hired and the Head Coaches - Offense and Defense stay, isn't Snyder providing the continuity he promised, and keeping his word?

Further, isn't Fassel far more qualified that Williams to be HC? He has brought a team to the SB and was even Coach of the Year, right?

However, if Fassel is in, and Saunders and Williams are out, then I'm back on the ledge. ;)

Well, yeah, except firing his lackey and bringing in an ACTUAL FOOTBALL GUY to run this team as GM and turning the authority over him. That would require relinquishing control.

Spending and making money does not make a successful owner. Lombardis do. And he has 0. So he is FAIL at owner.

Respectfully, you could'nt be more wrong...an owner's job is to open his wallet...which he DOES at every turn.

Dan Marino had zero Lombardis...is he a FAIL at quarterback? How many does LaDainian Tomlinson have?

Have the coaches underperformed? Sure.

Have the players been busts? Sure, some of them.

Have we had some serious injuries, even death? Yes.

All an owner can do is open his wallet and give his coaching staff the resourses to put a winning product on the field.

Blame the coaches...blame the players...but don't blame Snyder...he's done all he can...he doesn't draw up the plays, he doesn't execute the plays on sunday, and he can't protect the players form injury.

Anyone who thnk Snyder is a bad owner is dilusional...all he has done is whatever it takes, primarily spending the cash need to win.

Did you ever stop to think that if you spend like crazy but don't know what to buy, maybe your money is worthless?

Respectfully, you could'nt be more wrong...an owner's job is to open his wallet...which he DOES at every turn.

A good owner opens his wallet to spend on the players a GM picks.

Synder knows no more about football than you (or me) or most of the people on this site.

Did you ever stop to think that if you spend like crazy but don't know what to buy, maybe your money is worthless?

Yeah, I think judging the effectiveness of an owner is based on two criteria: hiring the right top executives, and giving them the resources to do their jobs. Snyder has certainly provided the resources, but he's had mixed results with picking the right top exec's.

I'm okay with Fassel as HC if Williams and Saunder stay.

Archived