Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do players become a REDSKIN only for the money?

pR0JEkT 21

What I am trying to say is do they come here for the money only cause they know they are going to get paid or because they believe in this team and love the tradition of REDSKIN football? I saw a thread up top about T. Suggs, or I should say members saying that Suggs wants to go to Arizona, but would consider playing for the Redskins cause he knows he's going to get paid.

I think we should stay away from all those high profile players, maybe grab a WR if possible in free agency, but we should definately build around the draft and keep the whole team intact if possible. Hopefully players would consider to reconstruct their contract. I really hope though we go after a real good coach if Williams don't get the job. Mora, please no..26 and 23 with the Falcons, how is he a proven winner?

I really hope we don't grab players that just wants to get paid, guess thats the bottom line even though I kinda fell off my topic for a minute, my bad! ;)

I think some of them (Deion) come for the money, but I believe most are here because of the legacy and because of the tradition of playing great football in a great division, even though it was somewhat absent for a time.

Portis came for the money.

Portis came for the money.

And now he's staying Because he's a true Redskin.

Alot of them were like that. But it seems now our team is more united under that Redskins helmet. How can anyone say Gibbs II was a failure if the morale of DC Football has changed so much?

do you really believe that? For the right price I'd even play for the Texans or the Panthers.
Now thats funnycause the Texans got a little better this year and the Panthers have been legit for a few years now and went to the Super Bowl awhile back, you should of said for the right price you would play for the Raiders or the Cowboys..lol!! :laugh:

Now thats funnycause the Texans got a little better this year and the Panthers have been legit for a few years now and went to the Super Bowl awhile back, you should of said for the right price you would play for the Raiders or the Cowboys..lol!! :laugh:

hell yeah. If Dallas offered me 5 year $30 mil and Washington offered me 5 year $25 mil I'd go to Dallas. It's all about the money in the NFL

hell yeah. If Dallas offered me 5 year $30 mil and Washington offered me 5 year $25 mil I'd go to Dallas. It's all about the money in the NFL
Actually it was a joke, I would go to Dallas for the money, but now if you say Washington or Dallas, shoot, I would have to take the paycut and be a REDSKIN! :D

Um...every player goes everywhere for the money...not just here...players go to the highest bidder...every once in a while a verteran takes a pay cut to play in his home state or something like that...but it's not just the Redskins...it's the fact of professional sports...

Um...every player goes everywhere for the money...not just here...players go to the highest bidder...every once in a while a verteran takes a pay cut to play in his home state or something like that...but it's not just the Redskins...it's the fact of professional sports...
So are you telling me that the Owners are shopping victoriously like people do on eBay for coaches and players? Goes to the highest bidder? Then why would Leonard Davis last year go to sorry Dallas when the Redskins were offering him more money than Jerry Jones was? ;)

Hell yeah. These guys pay a tremendous long term price in terms of their health and can lose it all with an injury at any moment. They have families and themselves to look out for and just a few shots to make money. I have no problem with it at all. It's funny that people buy into the "true redskin" bs.....it's a business and it's about the money.

LFB didn't come here to get paid. Portis, Lloyd and Moss came via trade and THEN got paid. Daniels didn't come to get paid and he has been good for us. Brunell didn't come here to get paid and he gave us a playoff run. Raybach and Kendall aren't getting paid great, but both love being here, so that's one guy on our line who may have, one WR out of three and two defenders in Griff and SS, because Carter isn't breaking the bank for a 10 sack guy.

Not only that, a lot of our player do what they are asked for, no matter what. Washington with his hand in the dirt or Carter learning to focus on the run. We have ourselves a ****ing football team, for the first time in a while.

As somebody said earlier, if for nothing else, Gibbs II gave us back our pride and it's contagious. Great players will want to come here because we are competitive and proud. It only adds to it, that they will get paid. The Bills are a proud team, but nobody gets paid to play there( despite them playing on our dollar).

Archived