Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pete Kendall

RyansRangers

I heard him on Sirius NFL radio after the win over Dallas. He didnt give me the wrong impression. He was very positive and spoke about the team coming together. Talked about Seans death and the 4 game win streak! He came across as a quiet guy who isnt going to be the rah rah type. You ask, he answers. Kinda like that about him. He just shuts up and does his job! Wish there were a few more on our team to be honest! Took way too much to happen to the this team before they realized what being a TEAM is all about! Hope it, and Kendall stays with this organization, its been long overdue!

He's not a nasty, run blocking guard, but he's functional. I'd say a little better than average. He was a good find given our predicament with Todd "Too Tall" Wade at LG.

I agree with the poster who said that PK and Rabach should come back to help bridge the gap to younger OL players over the next 1-2 seasons.

You can be old and have a degradation in performance due to injuries and other age factors. You can also be old but be considered more of a solid veteran in performance.

I'd say Kendall was the latter of the two. I'd like to see him back here.

Heck, I'd be alright with an old o-line. I like Thomas, Samuels, Jansen and Kendall. It would be nice to be able to get some youth in there... After seeing the way the current group of guys worked through injuries, I feel alright with the oline we have, though some of the backup guys could probably be replaced. I don't think we need to do much more than keep Heyer, get some young promising talent through the draft and perhaps, just perhaps replace someone through free agency (assuming it is an upgrade and we don't break the bank for them).

Summation: We're okay with some old guys as long as we can avoid injuries. We don't need to do a whole lot, but if the FO was to release some old guys, it'd be understandable. I'm glad I'm not the one making decisions on things like this, its kind of tough.

He's a New Yorker.

I know you're from Richmond, but that accent comes from north of NY. He's from Mass and went to BC. Dude used to drive up to Mass on Monday's to be with his family when he was a Jet.

We're not going to go through the whole roster now are we? :)

He played well throughout the season and got better near the end. Though like others in Seattle, he didn't have his best day there. He's a new player who ended up surrounded by no small amount of drama this first season of his. Can be a bit overhwhelming. That and/or Perhaps he's being smart and just trying to blend in with the background.

Yeah, he definitely had a bad game against the Seahawks. Other than that game he was pretty decent.

However, I can't stop myself from imagining Faneca in his place. I know that Faneca is kind of up there in age and he would most likely want Derrick Dockery money, but let me dream. :)

He absolutely saved us this year. He came in and was a starter from day one, played every game no injuries.

I remember thinking, 'how can a guy coming in at the end of training camp help us?' Well he was way better than any one we had thats how. Big improvement over Dockery, too bad we got him on the tail end of his career.

His salary combined with his injury history I think puts his playing future here in jeopardy.

If Jansen isn't on the starting roster come 2008, then I'd hope we'd draft a tackle with our 1st round pick. Heyer starting again would be scary.

And Kendall will be starting at a left guard next year.

Kendall is 34 and will be back in 2008. We need him and Samuels/Rabach to help be a bridge to a new generation of younger OL we will in all likelihood be drafting and signing in 2008 and 2009.

The OL has some age, but with the contracts and the number of available picks, we are going to have to take another 1-2 years to complete an overhaul.

The one player I see not being on the team in 2008 is Jansen.

His salary combined with his injury history I think puts his playing future here in jeopardy.

Not to mention the fact that his play was looking pretty horrible before he got injured.

He was getting beat around the edges, bull rushed back into our QB and just pretty much stinkin the joint up.

I like the fella, think he did a good job. Even though he will be 35 next year, I'm sure he has a couple years left in him. It seems to me that o-linemen are the one position where a player can play until his late 30s providing he stays healthy. We gave up a fourth-round pick for him so I really hope we get as much out of him as possible.

When we got him, they said he was far and away the best offensive linemen on the Jets (even better than first round picks D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold). Given this year's performance, it's much easier to comprehend the $49 million given to Derrick Dockery in the offseason, the same amount given last offseason to probowlers Leonard Davis and Eric Steinbech. The gulf in quality between Dockery and Kendall is blatant and it certainly seems like he was massively underrated amongst Redskins fans.

Archived