Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just drank bad soy milk

Shilsu

Well, I was eating some bread from the bakery with a glass of soy milk. It tasted okay, but it smelled funny. I didn't think much of it until I went to put away the dishes and saw the expiration date was December 24.

Oops, haha.

Soy "milk" doesnt go bad like milk, because its not milk. Its juice.

Milk comes from ANIMALS. Juice comes from plants. Soybeans are plants.

Calling it milk is just a marketing ploy, because people wouldnt ****ing touch "soy juice."

What the hell are you doing drinking soy milk anyways?

Funny20Picture2018.jpg

Calling it milk is just a marketing ploy, because people wouldnt ****ing touch "soy juice."

Funny20Picture2018.jpg

Some of us are lactose intolerant. Actually...all of us are lactose intolerant..it just varies in severity.

Personally, I like vanilla flavored soymilk. It lets me eat cereal again (Lactaid still makes me sick).

Funny20Picture2018.jpg

Actually it does. Soy milk is also good for you if you have heart issues and is better for you then regular milk. Now a baby or kid would need regular milk but if you are trying to be healthy then soy milk is a good alternative. My wife is a big fan so the vanilla flavored is good but only with cereal.

Freshness

How can I keep Silk Soymilk fresh?

Here are some tips for keeping your Silk Soymilk freshest, longest:

"Don't drink straight out of the carton!" — just like Mom always told you. When you drink out of the carton, bacteria from your mouth can get into the soy milk which increases the risk of spoilage.

Write the date you opened your Silk on the screw cap or side of the carton. Remember, Silk stays fresh for seven to 10 days after you open it, up until the date printed on the top of the carton.

Keep Silk in the middle of your refrigerator. The top or very back of a refrigerator tends to be the coldest, which could cause Silk to freeze. Don't store Silk in the refrigerator door either. Door storage changes temperature more than any other part of the refrigerator.

Don't leave Silk unrefrigerated. While Silk will not spoil if left out for an hour or two, those two unrefrigerated hours do shorten the life span of your soy milk. In fact, every hour on your counter equals one day off its life expectancy.

For you parents who like to give Silk to your youngsters, be careful with those bottles and sippy cups. Just like regular dairy milk, soy milk can sour if left unrefrigerated.

How can I tell if my soy milk is spoiled?

The process of making soy milk is designed to produce a uniform product. If your soy milk doesn't look, smell or taste the way it usually does, it may be spoiled. Fresh soy milk does not have a strong odor. Signs of spoilage include:

The package looks abnormally bloated

When poured, the soy milk appears to have thickened slightly

The color of the soy milk has changed (chocolate turns lighter and vanilla may look beige)

It is so thick that it won't pour easily, or it looks like a milk shake and has curds or lumps

Any smell resembling dying flowers, sour milk or chemicals

A slightly "off" or beany flavor, or a bitter, metallic, earthy, grassy or extremely sweet taste

If you are unsure about whether your soy milk has spoiled, do not drink it or cook with it.

How long will Silk products stay fresh?

Silk Soymilk will keep fresh in your refrigerator unopened until the date stamped on the top of the carton. Once opened, Silk will stay fresh for seven to 10 days if kept refrigerated. It is not unusual for Silk to remain good past the 10-day mark; however, we only guarantee that it will be good for seven to 10 days.

Silk Shelf Stable Soymilk does not need to be refrigerated until it has been opened. Silk Shelf Stable Soymilk will stay fresh unopened until the date stamped on the carton, usually up to one year from the date of purchase. Once opened, Silk Shelf Stable Soymilk ages just like regular Silk Soymilk and must be refrigerated to stay fresh for seven to 10 days.

Archived