Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At what MOMENT did you KNOW we were in TROUBLE?

PierceType

Its strange...

Before the game I told myself, if the same team over the last 4 weeks show up it might be a good game.

After the first series, and how pitiful the O looked, I knew we were done for. It reminded of the offense that has been playing for about 6 years now.

I also knew that as long as the defense could hold up it would be close until the last part of the 3rd and into the 4th.

So the same game pattern happened as I have seen over and over with Gibbs/Williams/Saunders....

pitiful O - maybe 14 points over all.

Defense holds until late 3rd - 4th and completely failed, because they have been on the darn field all game, and Williams fails to truly adjust to the game.

ugh. Our. Coaches. stink.

When we didn't get TD to go up 21-13. This was before fg attempt. I was nervous about outcome even with 17-13 lead but we missed that.

That's exactly what we were saying.. "we NEED this TD.. 3 probably won't get it done.." then when suisham missed the FG and you could tell it elevated Seattle's play... Still, considering everything that surrounded this season, I'm proud of this team.

I personally knew we were in trouble when we chose to receive, I am a very strong believer in kicking off to the other team 100% of the time when you win the toss.

But it doesn't work that way. The rule is:

Immediately prior to the start of the second half, the captains of both teams must inform the officials of their respective choices.
The loser of the original coin toss gets first choice.

When Collins arm got hit on his throw to a wide open Moss fell short. I had a feeling it wasn't our night. We could not get a break in this game other than the LL picks. Then when Cooley dropped the ball at around the 3 yard line after we set up shop on the Hawks 15 yardline I really knew it wasn't our night... Never mind the missed field goal from 30 yards... We needed a Touch down there no matter what... Cooley's drop was huge... Sad part is Seattle was trying their best to give this game away and we didn't take it... We really played like a 9-7 team Saturday...

When we came away with nothing after the turnover. The whole series, Sellers lining up wrong, Cooley not catching the ball at the 2, and the missed FG.

Scoring a TD there makes it 21-13. Not only putting us up 8 but putting 21 on the scoreboard. I thought this would've motivated the team even more.

When we didn't get TD to go up 21-13. This was before fg attempt. I was nervous about outcome even with 17-13 lead but we missed that.

Yeah, that is when I knew we were in "trouble."

We get a TD out of that turnover, the Seahawks would have had to change their game plan and we would have had the momentum, but when Suisham missed the FG, the momentum changed back to the Seahawks and the crowd got back into the game.

It was over after that.

I knew we were in trouble after the first series if downs .... I pretty much felt we really might lose when Cooley doesn't make that catch in the 4th ... I wanted to throw up and felt our playoff run was over when Suisham misses the FG.

Although, even then, I still kept hoping and praying until the pick on the pass intended for Moss.

I honestly started to get nervous when we didn't convert on the 4th and 1. I realized in the back of my head that we weren't playing as physical as the past 4 games. It was almost reminiscent of the games we've been losing.

That didn't make me say game over. Just made me think, "Uh-oh..."

In all honesty, I had a bad feeling when we took Dullass apart in the previous week, I can't explain it but I just had a very bad feeling we'd be flat in Seattle. When we blew the first possession I knew it wasn't gonna happen, even when we went up 14-13 I had a sense we'd capitulate again late on.

:(

I figured the game would be a battle, Seattle is a good team.

I had a bad feeling when they missed the FG to go up 17-13 but I didn't completely give up hope until Moss gave up on his route. I am not saying that the pass wouldn't have been intercepted but he would have been in position to make a tackle and stop the return for a TD. That crushed all hopes and effectively ended the game for me.

I knew it was a wrap when we couldnt capitalize on that botched Kickoff where Mix recovered inside the Seattle 20yd line. No Fg, No TD...no nothing. That was our chance to drive a stake thru their heart but we failed to do anything.

I knew it was a wrap right there.....our momentum was erased...and they had it for good.

Well to me the game was a matter of momentum. Seattle had all the momentum to begin with going up 13-0, then suddenly our team woke up and found ourselves up 14-13, and had just recovered our own kickoff....

If Cooley comes down with that catch, it is 1st and goal at about the 1 yard line, and it is very likely we punch it in for six.......

Even making the field goal and going up 17-13 would have been acceptable because then we are kicking off again, rather then giving Seattle the ball at midfield......

Basically in the matter of one set of downs, momentum had switched back to the seahawks and the Redskins never got it back.

well...the first time was obviously the missed fg, but Landry gave me hope on that pick when i KNEW we were in trouble I guess was the false start after the pick that backed us up cuz then I knew Seattle would get it basically in FG range, but even after the TD there was still hope the pick 6 to go up 14 really put a fork in it

What the hell happened to our quick hitters across the middle, our pitches and end arounds, our draw plays? You know, all those terrific aggressive plays that won us the last 4 games?

Nope, as soon as we started GUT, GUT, SIDELINE, PUNT I know we were through.

Going into the game everyone knew you have to pound Seattle's defense up the middle and go play-action. They're not big upfront, but they are fast. They took away everything outside the tackles. The Skins did run some draws and they didn't work. They kept throwing flanker screens that didn't work. They tried an end around and it went for whopping 2 yrds.

Archived