Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Mayweather has only fought a couple of Mexican fighters. Before he fought Marquez and DLH, Castillo whooped up on PBF.

Pacmans went through wars with JMM, Barrera, the trilogy with Morales, put Solis and Diaz to sleep, and made DLH quit.

yeah but you gotta give him credit for the whole attire. I thought it was fun.

definitely....this is one of the few fights I was actually rooting for Mayweather to win. Zab is one of the biggest pieces of crap in sports

zab is perfect example of how not being mentally tough can wreck your career. zab is one of the more physically gifted fighters in years. extremely fast hands, great power, combinations, but as soon as anything goes slightly wrong, he crumbles.

wasted talent

For anyone interested, Roy Jones Jnr got torn a new one by Danny Green.

122 seconds is all it took.

Here's the fight video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlTx-ohunnc&feature=player_embedded

Originally Posted by Gator Bait viewpost.gif

definitely....this is one of the few fights I was actually rooting for Mayweather to win. Zab is one of the biggest pieces of crap in sports

Do you remember the Zab and Baldomir fight? It was the tune up fight before the Mayweather showdown, and Zab got his ass whooped. Its the first time I've seen someone literally run away in the ring. Funny as hell.

The sad part was that he didn't even lose his titles after that beating.

after Jones Jr got back up last night, Danny Green came at him with the furiousness and just didn't let up until the ref called it. He said Roy was groaning and knew he was in trouble.

I couldn't believe what i saw. I mean i'm not so surprised he got beat, but in 122 seconds....wow.

So between Hopkins and Green last night, both hometown boys gave their fans a hell of a show.

i guess we won't see Bernard Hopkins vs Roy Jones Jr now huh?

Hopkins said he thought a lot of it was Green's hometown advantage. He still wants Roy.

:box:

b-hop is blatantly ducking chad dawson. that fight had nothing to do with Green's hometown advantage. it had everything to do with roy jones being a shot fighter who needs to hang it up

b-hop beating a broken down roy jones proves absolutely nothing, other than allowing b-hop a better nights sleep

thats a pretty good short breakdown of each fighter

boxing forums are going insane right now. everybody is picking a side and going to war on the internets. lol

I don't follow boxing regularly. I've bet on 1 fight in my life -- Tyson v Holyfield (one of 'em). But I'm taking Mayweather. And I don't know **** about boxing other than they beat the **** out of each other.

So is the Punisher-Martinez fight for a title or ANYTHING?

And where does Paul go after this?

no title, martinez didnt want his 154 title to be on the line since he took the fight on short notice after Pavlik ****ed up. also paul doesn't have to get rid of the muscle he had been adding on in anticipation of his fight with Pavlik. thats why they are fighting at 160, sort of a compromise to both fighters

the fighters made weight for tomorrow's card:

Punisher: 157

Martinez: 159

Arreola: 263 :doh::doh::doh:

Minto: 213

Arreola literally cried after Vitali whupped his ass, said he was going to rededicate himself and yet he comes in even heavier for his next fight. :doh:

Arreola is one of those types of guys that talk a good game, but don't back it up.

I got P. Williams winning by UD over S. Martinez. Hoping for a great boxing match. Arreola is such a HUGE disappointment. His lack of discipline is what's keeping him from being a better boxer/fighter. NO WAY, he should come in the ring weighing 260+ lbs. :mad: That's just crazy. Would love to see Minto just outbox him and win a decision. But that ain't happening. I see Arreola scoring an early KO by round 5. :(

does anyone here know if the general public can buy tiickets for pacman vs floyd fight or do u have to be a ticket broker..also what the best way to buy the tickets?? im just trying to buy tickets for face price before i have to go to stubhub and buy them at 10x the face value..thanks fellas

does anyone here know if the general public can buy tiickets for pacman vs floyd fight or do u have to be a ticket broker..also what the best way to buy the tickets?? im just trying to buy tickets for face price before i have to go to stubhub and buy them at 10x the face value..thanks fellas

I don't even think they have a venue yet. But anyway, just be ready to type as fast as you can as soon as tix go on sale.

Edited by blue collar

Punisher/Martinez was a FOTY candidate

i had it draw, wouldn't call it robbery by any stretch. would love to see a rematch though, great action for 12 rounds. hard fight to score, several close rounds

the judge who scored it 119-110 needs to be tested for drugs

i would take either of these guys over Pavlik if pavlik ever regains his fighting spirit

Edited by StillUnknown

Punisher/Martinez was a FOTY candidate

i had it draw, wouldn't call it robbery by any stretch. would love to see a rematch though, great action for 12 rounds. hard fight to score, several close rounds

the judge who scored it 119-110 needs to be tested for drugs

Amen to all of that. The judge who had it a draw made sense, 115-113 made sense. but 119-110? :wtf: