Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

7 hours ago, ksun247 said:

Kovalev fought timid! Still glad he got KTFO! Canelo by KO in 11.

I dont think he trusts his durability any more. even in his previous fight that he came back to win, he was hurt pretty bad

Canelo has as strong a case as anyone for #1 pound 4 pound

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Canelo's resume is the best there is out there. Besides a few controversial decisions (Lara & GGG fights), he's fought and beat everyone except Floyd. He should be #1 P4P, but everyone in the media loves Loma or Bud Crawford.

32 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Two judges had Canelo ahead on their scorecards. There is no point in watching Canelo anymore cause he will win more fights he should lose. Absurd scoring 

You literally have to BEAT Canelo's ass and even then you still may be given a draw. LOL!

Really think it's time for some new judges. These old heads have to go. 

• Like 1

Kovalev fought like exactly what he is.  An over the hill fighter past his prime, operating with less than 50% of the tools that made him a great champ.  The fact that he refused to do anything but play patty-cake for 7 rounds tells you everything you need to know.  If this was the Kovalev of 5 years ago, he likely knocks Canelo silly, but of course this matchup never happens 5 years ago.

• Thanks 1

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/28027208/naoya-inoue-tops-nonito-donaire-signs-top-rank

Nonito "The Filipino Flash" Donaire vs Naoya "the Monster" Inoue was on  DAZN at the crack of dawn this morning. Very good fight. Most thought Inoue would KO Donaire early or definitely later.  Gotta give the old man props! Donaire came to fight and he gave Inoue all he could handle and then some.  Donaire cut Inoue with a left hook in the 2nd round. They were throwing bombs throughout the fight. inoue dropped Donaire with a body shot in the 11th. Was a delayed reaction. Didn't think Donaire would get up, but he did at the count of 9. Nonaire stood his ground and made it to the final bell. Helluva test for Inoue! Props to Donaire. He's had a heck of a career. No shame tonight. He gave it his all and almost pulled off the upset even though 2 judges saw the fight differently. It was a really close fight IMO.  Dare I say it, but a young prime Donaire may have stopped Inoue or definitely won on the cards. 

117-109

116-111

114-113

Great fight. Will be a contender for Fight of the Year and definitely has some rounds that could make for Round of the Year.

Inoue signed with Top Rank, so we should see him on ESPN soon.

Edited by ksun247
  • Like 1

Inoue's Top Rank debut will be delayed for a while. Donaire put some serious hurt on Inoue. He suffered a broke right orbital bone from that left hook in round 2 and a broken nose from Donaire. These guys weren't messing around. Need to watch this one again.

KSI vs Logan Paul on DAZN. 

Had no idea who these guys are, but they got millions of social media followers and DAZN ate this crap up.

Drunk Bum fights were better than this.

These dudes stink. Hopefully, that's the last time they get in the ring. 

17 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

KSI vs Logan Paul on DAZN. 

Had no idea who these guys are, but they got millions of social media followers and DAZN ate this crap up.

Drunk Bum fights were better than this.

These dudes stink. Hopefully, that's the last time they get in the ring. 

sadly, i've seen worse from professional fighters

no idea who them dudes were, but i'm down for the occasional freakshow fight

undercard was some **** too. they really missed a chance to showcase one of the better prospects in boxing in Devin Haney. For some illogical reason, they put him in with a very awkward and long fighter that turned out to be a pretty boring fight. They missed a golden opportunity to build his star 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going to see this one live and I put a little $$$ on Ortiz. A little over 4-1 odds, so taking a chance. Even if I lose the $$$, it should make for a fun evening. I hope. 

The last event I went to (Thurman vs Pacquiao), that place was crazy. Never experienced that atmosphere before at a fight. Folks love Manny and when he dropped Thurman, the place erupted. Hoping to experience that with whoever KO's who.

• Like 1