Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

All I know is, "Floyd Bled Tonight" and I strongly believe Pacquiao would get him. Cotto fought a good fight and I believe it was closer than the judges had it.

Edited by DM72

Even though he loss, Cotto put to rest the notion that he's a shot fighter.

There are some good & winnable fights at 154 for him. He'll make a lot more money before he hangs them up.

would like to see him fight Martinez this year.

All I know is, "Floyd Bled Tonight" and I strongly believe Pacquiao would get him. Cotto fought a good fight and I believe it was closer than the judges had it.

Cotto has a jab, Manny does not.

Cotto is bigger than Floyd, Manny is not.

Cotto was at his natural weight versus Floyd, not weight drained. Manny forced Cotto to fight for the Cotto for the 147 belt at 144.

I was really disappointed with Cotto not doing a post fight interview tho. Low of him.

---------- Post added May-6th-2012 at 02:22 AM ----------

Eh.. i think Money was playing Cotto's game because he wanted to challenge himself and put on a show. If he wanted to' date=' he could have stayed in the center of the ring and just picked him apart the entire night.[/quote']

I have a feeling this was true too, but I will still give Cotto a lot of credit for accepting that.

Floyd went to the ropes versus Ortiz, and Ortiz maybe landed 9 punches that whole fight :ols:

would like to see him fight Martinez this year

Thats probably the best fight that can be made at 154, but I don't see Cotto taking that risk against someone who still doesn't sell many tickets or move the needle.

Cotto is essentially about to go paycheck hunting, there are other options at 154 without the risk that will land him a bigger payday. A fight with Canelo would be pretty big.

Thats probably the best fight that can be made at 154, but I don't see Cotto taking that risk against someone who still doesn't sell many tickets or move the needle.

Cotto is essentially about to go paycheck hunting, there are other options at 154 without the risk that will land him a bigger payday. A fight with Canelo would be pretty big.

Golden Boy announced after the fight that Canelo will be headlining a PPV on September 15th, I doubt thats Cotto.

(I am still not convinced by Canelo, even though he destroyed a completely shot Mosley. He had Mosley looking like this but I still feel Canelo has a lot of holes in his defense and has a conditioning problem he needs to work on)

Cotto vs. Martinez would be a money maker, imo.

I lost my feed after the 8th round but from what I saw, Miguel Cotto fought the best fight he could have vs. Floyd. He absolutely maximized his game plan. His defense was really good (Floyd still got through a lot but that's a tribute to his accuracy) and his inside offense was almost fight-changing at times. It just goes to show how a great fighter like Cotto can have one of the best nights of his life and still lose by a clear margin against Pretty Boy Floyd Money Mayweather.

Cotto has a jab, Manny does not.

Cotto is bigger than Floyd, Manny is not.

Cotto was at his natural weight versus Floyd, not weight drained. Manny forced Cotto to fight for the Cotto for the 147 belt at 144.

Manny does have a jab AND don't forget, he's faster than both Cotto AND Mayweather. That's right, he has faster hands and he hits harder than Mayweather. That's the REAL reason pretty boy doesn't want the fight. Steroids is just a convenient smoke screen that a lot of idiots have bought into.

Keep discrediting Manny all you want, I just can't wait to see the excuses all you Floyd lovers come up with when Manny knocks pretty boy's ass out.

That is, if pretty boy find the courage to fight him.

Edited by DM72

Cotto's best rounds ( 6 & 7) are the rounds Mayweather virtually took off from punching entirely. Floyd played Cotto's game on purpose because he is making an effort to make his fights more "exciting"

You saw that anytime Mayweather wanted to, he brought the fight back to the center of the ring and picked Cotto apart.

Some are even theorizing that he fought so much on the ropes to lure Pacqiuao into making the fight look more doable.

Pac fought Cotto at 147. Mayweather fought him at his natural weight of 154.

People still don't give enough respect and consideration into weight classes in boxing.

Is there a limit to these ridiculous pretty boy theories? He lays on the ropes and gets his nose bloodied just to lure Pacquiao? Wow. You guys aren't giving Cotto no respect.

Edited by DM72

Cotto's best rounds ( 6 & 7) are the rounds Mayweather virtually took off from punching entirely. Floyd played Cotto's game on purpose because he is making an effort to make his fights more "exciting"

You saw that anytime Mayweather wanted to, he brought the fight back to the center of the ring and picked Cotto apart.

Some are even theorizing that he fought so much on the ropes to lure Pacqiuao into making the fight look more doable.

Pac fought Cotto at 147. Mayweather fought him at his natural weight of 154.

People still don't give enough respect and consideration into weight classes in boxing.

I don't believe in the LURING PART

Pac didn't Lure Marquez in too help bring a Mayweather fight, Sergio Martinez didn't Lure his opponet in hoping that May and Pac would bite, and Mayweather defintally didn't Lue Cotto in too get Pac too take the bait.

Cotto was real physical he was bigger and able too move May around the ring some and hold him agaisnt the ropes. He worked the Jab in when he needed too and faught almost perfect fight.

Mayweather loves too fight agaisnt the ropes he did it agaisnt HATTON, OSCAR, CASTILO, and COTTO. He flurts with it in all fights but agaisn't fighters that like too wrestle there opponet he doesn't mind and he feels comfortable there where he can sneak that right cross in off the shoulder roll, or make his opponets waste a ton of energy throwing punches thats hitting nothing but air or slides off the shoulder. Mayweather could have fought Cotto in the center of the ring more and would have been an easier but hes a little older and trying too circle in the ring all day would be tough.

PAC can't fight the fight Cotto faught hes not built like that Mayweather is much bigger and would be able too maul him in on the inside. Fighting on the outside Pac would get picked apart by Mayweathers counterpunches. Cotto did very well he only really threw wild punches when he had Mayweather up agaisn't the ropes. Pacman throws wild all day and would get picked apart in the center of the ring. Mayweather is Marquez 100 times over and we see what Marquez could do too Pac.

No. Cotto fought a great fight. No one is denying that. I think some people are just so used to Mayweather never taking any punches or damage, that once he finally did, they acted as if the boxing world was upended and tossed upside down.

But Jim Lampley was being pretty shameless in his obivous hatred of Mayweather during the HBO broadcast. Anytime Cotto landed a single punch Lampley wanted to jump out of his chair, even though it was preceded by and followed up by 2-3 punches landed on Cotto.

If you switched between the HBO feed and the Box Nation feed, you'd swear you were watching 2 different fights.

Of course, it is always in HBO's best interest to skew the coverage to make both guys look as strong as possible.

And no Pac is not faster than Mayweather. Are you serious? When you say his hands are faster you might be talking about when he throws a 2-3 punch combination, but his instincts, counter punching, reaction time, mobility etc etc etc are definitely not as fast as Mayweather.

No. Cotto fought a great fight. No one is denying that. I think some people are just so used to Mayweather never taking any punches or damage, that once he finally did, they acted as if the boxing world was upended and tossed upside down.

But Jim Lampley was being pretty shameless in his obivous hatred of Mayweather during the HBO broadcast. Anytime Cotto landed a single punch Lampley wanted to jump out of his chair, even though it was preceded by and followed up by 2-3 punches landed on Cotto.

If you switched between the HBO feed and the Box Nation feed, you'd swear you were watching 2 different fights.

Of course, it is always in HBO's best interest to skew the coverage to make both guys look as strong as possible.

And no Pac is not faster than Mayweather. Are you serious? When you say his hands are faster you might be talking about when he throws a 2-3 punch combination, but his instincts, counter punching, reaction time, mobility etc etc etc are definitely not as fast as Mayweather.

Are you kidding? The HBO broadcast team was riding Mayweather's jockstrap all night. And yeah, Pacquiao IS faster than pretty boy.

Are you kidding? The HBO broadcast team was riding Mayweather's jockstrap all night. And yeah, Pacquiao IS faster than pretty boy.

No Pacquiao does not have faster hands than Mayweather. It seems that way because Pacquiao uses his hands & combos more in a more aggressive fashion, but in terms of having faster hands, Mayweather has him beat.

Pacquiao has some advantages over Mayweather, hand speed is not one of them.

The HBO crew, Lampley in particular was terrible. He hyped so many punches of Cotto that didn't even land, but thats to be expected by anyone who knows the HBO crew.

They have been terrible for quite some time, it just gets even worse when Mayweather or Pacquiao fight.

Showtime has the best crew by far (as long as they keep Gus Johnson away). I couldn't stand Antonio Tarver as a boxer, but he probably my favorite guy on commentary right now.

Edited by StillUnknown

No Pacquiao does not have faster hands than Mayweather. It seems that way because Pacquiao uses his hands & combos more in a more aggressive fashion, but in terms of having faster hands, Mayweather has him beat.

Pacquiao has some advantages over Mayweather, hand speed is not one of them.

The HBO crew, Lampley in particular was terrible. He hyped so many punches of Cotto that didn't even land, but thats to be expected by anyone who knows the HBO crew.

They have been terrible for quite some time, it just gets even worse when Mayweather or Pacquiao fight.

Showtime has the best crew by far (as long as they keep Gus Johnson away). I couldn't stand Antonio Tarver as a boxer, but he probably my favorite guy on commentary right now.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I believe Pacs hands to be a little faster than pretty boys. As for the HBO crew, They are terrible because they overhype up the favorites like in the case last night. Stewart actually sat there and said that Cotto didn't really land anything. Something made pretty boy's nose bleed last night.

Edited by DM72

A nose bleed isn't indicative of taking tons of damage though. A broken nose would be different, but to act like because Mayweather had a bloody nose, he was beat on the entire fight is wrong.

In a matchup between the two, the one thing I favor Pac in is volume. He will never stop throwing actual punches, unlike a lot of the guys Pac & Mayweather fight now, are more of the stalking variety, who look to counter or lead with a big punch rather than combos.

However just because Pac throws a lot, doesn't mean he is going to land a lot. Cotto at 154, looked about ready to be dropped in the 11th and 12th, but it was obvious Mayweather temepered his aggression somewhat, Now compare that to Manny vs. JMM, those same uppercuts JMM was landing as counters on Pac. If JMM of all people is able to give Pac fits like that, why on earth would Mayweather have any problem whatsoever dropping tons of leather all over Pac's face?

A nose bleed isn't indicative of taking tons of damage though. A broken nose would be different, but to act like because Mayweather had a bloody nose, he was beat on the entire fight is wrong.

In a matchup between the two, the one thing I favor Pac in is volume. He will never stop throwing actual punches, unlike a lot of the guys Pac & Mayweather fight now, are more of the stalking variety, who look to counter or lead with a big punch rather than combos.

However just because Pac throws a lot, doesn't mean he is going to land a lot. Cotto at 154, looked about ready to be dropped in the 11th and 12th, but it was obvious Mayweather temepered his aggression somewhat, Now compare that to Manny vs. JMM, those same uppercuts JMM was landing as counters on Pac. If JMM of all people is able to give Pac fits like that, why on earth would Mayweather have any problem whatsoever dropping tons of leather all over Pac's face?

Styles makes fights. JMM and Pac can fight 20 times and each time it's gonna be a close fight. JMM also has some of the timing in all of boxing. That doesn't mean that Floyd will have the same success.

Edited by DM72

Did you see the Mayweather/JMM fight?

If you wanna start comparing common opponents, did you see Pac against De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto and Mosley? And just to let you know since you've said that Cotto was drained in the Pac fight, JMM came up in weight to fight a much bigger Mayweather who didn't even make weight. Up until that point, JMM had never fought above 135 LB. They were supposed to fight at 144 LB but Floyd came in at 146 LB. In other words, he should have dominated.

Edited by DM72

If you wanna start comparing common opponents, did you see Pac against De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto and Mosley? And just to let you know since you've said that Cotto was drained in the Pac fight, JMM came up in weight to fight a much bigger Mayweather who didn't even make weight. Up until that point, JMM had never fought above 135 LB. They were supposed to fight at 144 LB but Floyd came in at 146 LB. In other words, he should have dominated.

Hey man I don't think hes trying too say because the way Mayweather beat Marquez he can beat Pac. Everybody knows different styles create different match ups and just because you beat one guy don't mean you can beat the next guy.

What I do believe he is saying because Mayweather and Marquez are both counter punchers and Mayweather is so much better than Marquez then Mayweather should be able to do what Marquez did but much much better. I agree with that notion Mayweather is taller, big reach advantage, stronger, better defense he almost have all the advantages over Pac. Speed is a wash, Pac throws better combinations but those combos may open him up too counters. Pac's has the power advantage but thats about it.

Canelo/Kirkland is likely for the September PPV, Martinez is angling still for a Julio Caesar Chavez Jr fight if he gets passed Lee

Mayweather/Cotto is tracking better then any other Mayweather fight other then De La Hoya, Schaefer says 2+ million buys, probably really around 1.7, which is HUGE.

Chisora/Haye is in the works, huge sentiment against it being in England

Hey man I don't think hes trying too say because the way Mayweather beat Marquez he can beat Pac. Everybody knows different styles create different match ups and just because you beat one guy don't mean you can beat the next guy.

What I do believe he is saying because Mayweather and Marquez are both counter punchers and Mayweather is so much better than Marquez then Mayweather should be able to do what Marquez did but much much better. I agree with that notion Mayweather is taller, big reach advantage, stronger, better defense he almost have all the advantages over Pac. Speed is a wash, Pac throws better combinations but those combos may open him up too counters. Pac's has the power advantage but thats about it.

LOL. He was implying that since JMM is a counter puncher and gave Pac problems and Floyd dominated him, he'd do the same to Pac which is not true. IMO, the only clear cut advantage Floyd has is defense. I saw some kinks in Floyd's armor that I NEVER saw before this past Saturday.

Canelo/Kirkland is likely for the September PPV, Martinez is angling still for a Julio Caesar Chavez Jr fight if he gets passed Lee

Mayweather/Cotto is tracking better then any other Mayweather fight other then De La Hoya, Schaefer says 2+ million buys, probably really around 1.7, which is HUGE.

Chisora/Haye is in the works, huge sentiment against it being in England

Arum will not let JCC Jr. anywhere near Martinez. JCC Jr. makes money fighting C+ to B- fighters. He's incredibly flawed, and for some reason only seems to be fighting in Texas, where they conveniently forgot to drug test him after his last fight.