Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Floyd wants olympic standards applied to the testing because the testing that boxing does is a joke. The reason it requires more blood is because a lot more chemicals are tested for when olympic standards are applied. However it is not nearly enough to effect someone.

Manny wasn't more weak. he is on record saying it is a superstition of his that it makes him weaker. It is a really weak excuse.

Floyd wants olympic standards applied to the testing because the testing that boxing does is a joke. The reason it requires more blood is because a lot more chemicals are tested for when olympic standards are applied. However it is not nearly enough to effect someone.

Manny wasn't more weak. he is on record saying it is a superstition of his that it makes him weaker. It is a really weak excuse.

floyd wanting olympic level testing had very little to do with him wanting cleaning up the sport, it was a negotiating ploy and nothing more.

floyd wanting olympic level testing had very little to do with him wanting cleaning up the sport, it was a negotiating ploy and nothing more.

He demands it of other opponents as well. And I'm sorry, if you are fighting someone who is moving up a different weight division ever 3-5 months to take another fight, I would have some reservations too.

The bottomline is, Pac-Man turned down a 30mill(at least)guarantee on three occassions, over getting blood drawn? WTF

Floyd was simply trying to dictate the notion that he was the one in charge of that fight and it was the Floyd Mayweather show, it was all part of a negotiation tactic to try and put Manny in his place and accept a smaller cut. It's not like Floyd was doing this for years and years, of course he brought it up with Mosley after he tried that stunt with Manny to make it seem like he was on some noble mission to 'clean up the sport.' You're kidding yourself if you think Mayweather really gives a damn about this apart from what he was trying to accomplish with bullying Pacquiao with it.

I'm not saying the current boxing testing is fine or anything, that's not the point, but just don't get suckered in to the Mayweather PR camp and think he's doing what he's doing because it's the right thing to do.

Apparently Pacquiao's camp was in an uproar when they noticed a container of Hydroxycut in Margarito's dressing room. Isn't it a little hypocritical of them to dismiss Floyd's request, especially when a former employee of Pacquaio has accused him of using steroids?

[quote=NoCalMike;7960584

http://ringtalk.com/us-anti-doping-head-points-finger-at-manny

The guy quoted in that article clearly has an agenda. Of course he'd call Manny out for not wanting his organization's services. He's not very professional either, sounding like he's part of the fight promotion game himself.

Edited by jnhay

He demands it of other opponents as well. And I'm sorry, if you are fighting someone who is moving up a different weight division ever 3-5 months to take another fight, I would have some reservations too.

The bottomline is, Pac-Man turned down a 30mill(at least)guarantee on three occassions, over getting blood drawn? WTF

didn't Pacquiao agree to Mayweather's demands eventually?

didn't Pacquiao agree to Mayweather's demands eventually?

Supposedly how it went down was eventually during negotiations there was an agreement for testing up until 14 days before the fight then a test immediately following the fight. Manny's promoter said the only thing missing was Mayweather's signature on the contract. At this point Mayweather's camp came out and claimed no negotiations had taken place and the Pacquiao people were lying. The problem is that Ross Greenberg, the president of HBO Sports had worked as a mediator during the negotiations and confirmed they had taken place but no final agreement was made, basically confirming that both sides lied to a certain degree. It would seem that Manny's people lied about a final agreement and Mayweather's people lied about the entire negotiations saying something never took place that quite obviously did. After that apparently Mayweather said he wasn't even interested in fighting any time soon and at that point Pacquiao moved on and made a fight with someone else.

Basically, it appears that Manny will give in to a degree and go with a much more stringent testing before and after the fight, but not the full and exact schedule that Mayweather wants. You can either look at this and say Manny is trying to hide something, or you can see that it's all part of business and when you're looking to make a deal you don't just let the other guy walk over you and bow to his every demand. I mean Mayweather has just as much to gain from this as Pacquiao does, and it's not like Mayweather is doing him any favors fighting him. If they both retire tomorrow Manny will be more well remembered in the history of boxing because of the quality and diversity of his competition and the way he handled those fights, he doesn't need Mayweather to secure a legacy.

Edited by Unforgiven

Just to be clear in my above post, I'm not disrespecting Mayweather's legacy. He's undefeated for a reason and he's put on some amazing performances throughout his career. He's arguably the greatest defensive fighter of all time, at least top 2-3 in any weight class. He's also one of the best counter punchers of his generation and it would be a close/tough fight for either guy. I was simply saying that it's not a situation of him being considered far superior to Manny and doing him a favor by giving him this fight, they're standing on pretty much equal ground at this point.

No, he's on record saying he was physically weak.

http://topgelato.com/pacquiao-vs-mayweather-update-the-truth-behind-pacquiaos-refusal-on-blood-test/12708

Towards the end of that video, he says he was weakened by it and his opponent even said after the fight that he couldn't feel Manny's power punches. So something was definitely wrong with him. Manny is known for his power. I think that led to Floyd wanting to be able to draw blood up until the night before the fight. To possibly fight a weakened Manny. Or if nothing else, that's what Manny believes Floyd was doing.

Floyd was simply trying to dictate the notion that he was the one in charge of that fight and it was the Floyd Mayweather show, it was all part of a negotiation tactic to try and put Manny in his place and accept a smaller cut. It's not like Floyd was doing this for years and years, of course he brought it up with Mosley after he tried that stunt with Manny to make it seem like he was on some noble mission to 'clean up the sport.' You're kidding yourself if you think Mayweather really gives a damn about this apart from what he was trying to accomplish with bullying Pacquiao with it.

I'm not saying the current boxing testing is fine or anything, that's not the point, but just don't get suckered in to the Mayweather PR camp and think he's doing what he's doing because it's the right thing to do.

I agree with you 100%. This is more about Floyd playing mind games with the public and trying to bully Manny.

Whatever stunt Floyd was able to pull ended up being a win-win situation for him... if Manny gives in then Floyd can bully and play mind games with Manny all the way leading up to the fight and if Manny refuses (which he did) then Floyd can play the "see Manny is on steriods" card and dodge another potentially dangerous fight.

Everyone is talking about the Manny Mayweather fight as if it is going to happen. The only way that fight happens is if the Judge in Mayweather's most recent case replaces any punishment with a contract to box Manny. Even if this trial sucks all his money, he will take a fight with someone who he can pick apart.

One question for the Mayweather crowd: how is Mayweather and his superior defense suppose to stop punches he can't see coming or from places he never would think of coming from? Everyone who has gotten into the ring with Manny says two things: he's faster than they thought, way faster, and they had trouble seeing where the punches where coming from. You can't defend what you can't see and you can only prepare yourself to take a hit if you have an idea where that punch is coming from.

Everyone is talking about the Manny Mayweather fight as if it is going to happen. The only way that fight happens is if the Judge in Mayweather's most recent case replaces any punishment with a contract to box Manny. Even if this trial sucks all his money, he will take a fight with someone who he can pick apart.

One question for the Mayweather crowd: how is Mayweather and his superior defense suppose to stop punches he can't see coming or from places he never would think of coming from? Everyone who has gotten into the ring with Manny says two things: he's faster than they thought, way faster, and they had trouble seeing where the punches where coming from. You can't defend what you can't see and you can only prepare yourself to take a hit if you have an idea where that punch is coming from.

I hate Mayweather with a passion.. But do you realize that Floyd in my opinion has faster hands then Manny.. Manny's style plays right into Mayweathers whole game he will pick him apart in a classic boring Floyd decision.. Mannys only shot is to KO him but i don't see it happening although i'd love to see it.. Money is undefeated for a reason he has been a stud from day 1 has a youngster..

Pacquiao-Mayweather is one of those dream matches that'll never occur. I think both fighters against each other would be a classic for years to come but it'll never happen. For what ever reasons, this mega fight will not happen.

Pacquiaos' thrashing of Margarito shouldn't have happened. Margarito was over matched from the opening bell. He had no shot against Pacquiao. Speed beats power everytime. There is no way around that. But a fighter with the rare combo of speed and power is a wonderful thing, and Floyd and Pac have that. No matter what people may think about Floyd, you can't deny his ability. Pacquiao is a great fighter and his legacy is intact. For the sake of this sport though, this fight needs to happen. Both men can really solidfy themselves as legends if they met in the ring.

:helmet:

Pacquiao-Mayweather is one of those dream matches that'll never occur. I think both fighters against each other would be a classic for years to come but it'll never happen. For what ever reasons, this mega fight will not happen.

Pacquiaos' thrashing of Margarito shouldn't have happened. Margarito was over matched from the opening bell. He had no shot against Pacquiao. Speed beats power everytime. There is no way around that. But a fighter with the rare combo of speed and power is a wonderful thing, and Floyd and Pac have that. No matter what people may think about Floyd, you can't deny his ability. Pacquiao is a great fighter and his legacy is intact. For the sake of this sport though, this fight needs to happen. Both men can really solidfy themselves as legends if they met in the ring.

:helmet:

yeah it looks like it will end up like the Roy Jones Jr and Hopkins rematch that EVERYONE want to see happen in their prime but never happened...

i expect Martinez to win a clear decision this time.

Williams looked terrible in the 4 rounds before Cintron decided to launch himself out of the ring. Williams got outboxed easily by a far less talented fighter. I think Martinez will be in and out all night long and Williams will land some shots, but Martinez will land by far the more effective shots.

Martinez wins something like 116-112

on a sidenote, Shane Mosley said theres a 90% chance he fights Pacquaio next after he met with Bob Arum. Mosley is a promotional free agent now, so it makes getting a fight with him alot easier since Arum won't have to split profits with anybody. Terrible fight overall though. Mosley got dominated by Mayweather for 10 consecutive rounds, then looked like complete **** against Sergio Mora, i repeat, Sergio Mora

Mosley will be stopped inside of 8 rounds if they fight.

Edited by StillUnknown

Mosely has more one-shot power than Pac

if Floyd could take Mosely's shot, he can take Pac's

Mosely had one good round where I thought Floyd might go down, but that was it. After that he was getting dominated. I don't think Pac would tire out like that if he was in the same situation.

Edited by jnhay