Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

You believe whatever you want. I called this as soon as Pac beat Cotto. I said that Mayweather will do something to prevent this fight from happening. He did. I thought it would be a money issue.

And you talk about his legacy. What legacy are we talking about? The man has ducked everyone that could have beat him. From Margarito to Mosley.

he's still the best ever at 130lbs imo, thats a big part of his legacy.

he didn't duck anybody that weight, he didn't start ducking fighters until he got to 140 & 147

Edited by StillUnknown

he agreed to the testing Destino you keep missing that point...the sticking point was when the last test would be before the fight...Floyd wanted 14 days and wouldn't budge..pac first wanted 30 days, then 24 days...its a negotiation...with one side negotiating...at some point if Floyd really wanted the fight he would have come off of 14 days and move closer to pacquiao...but he didn't...actually this shows how much fear Floyd had of pacquiao to go thru all of this...he knew Manny could beat him...he just didnt think manny was legit...if you say you are all that, whip him juiced or no juice..floyd was the faster bigger man...he thought it would be an easy fight...his actions thought otherwise.

He didn't agree to the testing. In fact he never agreed to random testing at all. What he did was try to put a schedule on random testing. They never got past that first obstacle so the random aspect of it was never even open for discussion. True random Olympic testing is right up to the day of the event, Floyd's camp was willing to bend to 14 days (something the Olympics would NEVER agree too because it allows cheating).

You keep trying to make this seem like Floyd wouldn't negotiate but you're facts are off. They went from pure Olympic style which is to say no dates told to the fighters at all to 14 days which completely weakens the results. That is the very essence of compromise. Pacman however wanted no part of it. He wanted a month to juice and flush with the fight taking place in that period of time.

This is the same crap baseball players wanted. When they got nailed with random testing... oh my the wonders we found out. You can't have a reliable SCHEDULED test. 14 days would at least disrupt the juicing window and even that was too much to ask.

Edited by Destino

He didn't agree to the testing. In fact he never agreed to random testing at all. What he did was try to put a schedule on random testing. They never got past that first obstacle so the random aspect of it was never even open for discussion. True random Olympic testing is right up to the day of the event, Floyd's camp was willing to bend to 14 days (something the Olympics would NEVER agree too because it allows cheating).

You keep trying to make this seem like Floyd wouldn't negotiate but you're facts are off. They went from pure Olympic style which is to say no dates told to the fighters at all to 14 days which completely weakens the results. That is the very essence of compromise. Pacman however wanted no part of it. He wanted a month to juice and flush with the fight taking place in that period of time.

This is the same crap baseball players wanted. When they got nailed with random testing... oh my the wonders we found out. You can't have a reliable SCHEDULED test. 14 days would at least disrupt the juicing window and even that was too much to ask.

Destino that is where Floyd arguments rings hallow. He NEVER has requested/demanded these type of test in any of their previous fights, neither has Pacquiao. Steroids in boxing hasn't just come to light. Shannon Briggs was just suspended for steroids use. Why has the Nevada Athletic Commission drug testing standards been good for Floyd's previous fights, but not for Pacquiao??

Yes Pacquiao didnt at first agree to the random Olympic testing that doesn't govern his sport, but when you negotiate, you give and take. manny came down to 24 days before the fight after coming down from 30 days and no random drug testing at all. But Floyd was stuck on 14 days. Wouldn't budge. Come to 20 days and the fight is on.

The bottom line with Floyd is when it comes to someone who has a legit shot at beating him, he will use money and now "Olympic Style" testing as an excuse to get out of the fight. He's smart in and out of the ring. But he aint the best. You can't be the best and you have ducked some who can challenge you (Margarito, Paul Williams, Sugar Shane, Winky Wright, and Manny).

Destino that is where Floyd arguments rings hallow. He NEVER has requested/demanded these type of test in any of their previous fights, neither has Pacquiao. Steroids in boxing hasn't just come to light. Shannon Briggs was just suspended for steroids use. Why has the Nevada Athletic Commission drug testing standards been good for Floyd's previous fights, but not for Pacquiao??

Yes Pacquiao didnt at first agree to the random Olympic testing that doesn't govern his sport, but when you negotiate, you give and take. manny came down to 24 days before the fight after coming down from 30 days and no random drug testing at all. But Floyd was stuck on 14 days. Wouldn't budge. Come to 20 days and the fight is on.

The bottom line with Floyd is when it comes to someone who has a legit shot at beating him, he will use money and now "Olympic Style" testing as an excuse to get out of the fight. He's smart in and out of the ring. But he aint the best. You can't be the best and you have ducked some who can challenge you (Margarito, Paul Williams, Sugar Shane, Winky Wright, and Manny).

Which is all well and dandy... well except for one thing. Why is Olympic style testing a deal breaker for Manny?

You guys are arguing back and forth about who's fault it is that this fight didn't happen. Mayweather, pacquiao....whatever.

This is all on Bob Arum...he didn't want this fight to happen. You really think it was Mayweather and Pacquiao at the negotiation table? They don't control these things, promoters handle these issues.

This was a perfect example of promoters slinging **** at each other.

It's all good though....Pacquiao is going to see what it's like to step in the ring with a welter weight who isn't over the hill or have a suspect chin and if Mosley beats Berto, Floyd is finally going to take a fight that makes sense at 147.

WATCH THEM BOTH LOSE.

on another note...I'm hearing Malinagie and Nate Campbell are the two most likely fight for Floyd....this is pathetic...I'm not a bit surprised.

I'm hearing its Campbell for Floyd. They kicked around a Mosley fight but he couldn't be ready for a April date (he fights in late Jan.). The hope is that Pac and Mayweather both destroy their opponents and fight in the late summer/early fall outside in Vegas...

It WILL NOT happen. Floyd WILL see to that.

You guys are arguing back and forth about who's fault it is that this fight didn't happen. Mayweather, pacquiao....whatever.

This is all on Bob Arum...he didn't want this fight to happen. You really think it was Mayweather and Pacquiao at the negotiation table? They don't control these things, promoters handle these issues.

This was a perfect example of promoters slinging **** at each other.

It's all good though....Pacquiao is going to see what it's like to step in the ring with a welter weight who isn't over the hill or have a suspect chin and if Mosley beats Berto, Floyd is finally going to take a fight that makes sense at 147.

WATCH THEM BOTH LOSE.

on another note...I'm hearing Malinagie and Nate Campbell are the two most likely fight for Floyd....this is pathetic...I'm not a bit surprised.

Yeah, keep believing Floyd wants to fight Mosley. Floyd really got you guys.

Which is all well and dandy... well except for one thing. Why is Olympic style testing a deal breaker for Manny?

I remember reading somewhere that Roach and Pacquiao didn't want to feel weak days before the fight. Apparently that's what he experiences when he does blood tests.

If true, I think that's fair. Especially for a man that has never been suspected of juicing.

I remember reading somewhere that Roach and Pacquiao didn't want to feel weak days before the fight. Apparently that's what he experiences when he does blood tests.

If true, I think that's fair. Especially for a man that has never been suspected of juicing.

Who doesn't feel weak when they have to cut back on the roids to take a drug test? They aren't taking pints of blood man, it's a sample. Thousands of athletes do this all the time. Floyd was even willing to give him 14 days instead of just plain random, but apparently that isn't enough time to flush the HGH and roids out of his system and still show up strong enough.

Who doesn't feel weak when they have to cut back on the roids to take a drug test? They aren't taking pints of blood man, it's a sample. Thousands of athletes do this all the time. Floyd was even willing to give him 14 days instead of just plain random, but apparently that isn't enough time to flush the HGH and roids out of his system and still show up strong enough.

OK. Where's your proof that Pac is on roids? I guess if I said that Destino is a drug dealer and his home should be raided, you'll comply? That sounds stupid doesn't it? I'm sorry, you just can't make accusations you can't back up.

OK. Where's your proof that Pac is on roids? I guess if I said that Destino is a drug dealer and his home should be raided, you'll comply? That sounds stupid doesn't it? I'm sorry, you just can't make accusations you can't back up.

The Baseball defense ladies and gentlemen. He never failed a test! Remember that? Maybe I'm jaded but when athletes start ducking tests I feel like I've been down this road before.

Let's get one thing straight here. He turned down the biggest payday of his career just because he didn't like he drug testing proposed.

The Baseball defense ladies and gentlemen. He never failed a test! Remember that? Maybe I'm jaded but when athletes start ducking tests I feel like I've been down this road before.

Let's get one thing straight here. He turned down the biggest payday of his career just because he didn't like he drug testing proposed.

I don't believe money is what drives Pac. And to counter your point, as much as Floyd loves money, you'd think no matter what. Great champions of the past would not have even brought up steroids.

Now Pac is probably gonna fight a very tough Clotty. We'll wait and see what tomato can Floyd picks.

I don't know much about testing, hgh, or roids. But what's the problem with Pac's approach of 20 days before and right after the fight? Shouldn't that reveal if he's using or not?

Maybe the guy is superstitious about his approach, many athletes are. I know it sounds lame but you never know. Maybe I'm naive but I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt until I see some type of evidence that he's cheating.

Edited by Zhouse

I don't know much about testing, hgh, or roids. But what's the problem with Pac's approach of 20 days before and right after the fight? Shouldn't that reveal if he's using or not?

Maybe the guy is superstitious about his approach, many athletes are. I know it sounds lame but you never know. Maybe I'm naive but I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt until I see some type of evidence that he's cheating.

Like I've said previously there is a reason Olympic testing is random and they don't tell the athlete's when the limits are. With the amounts of money at stake I'm sure chemicals can be dosed to clear testing times if the athletes knew then in advance.

Also 14 days prefight is plenty of time to recover "strength" lost by a tiny blood sample. An hour would be enough.

Exactly. All this was was a smoke screen by Floyd to get out of the fight. He knew that Pac would not agree to his terms.

Like I've said previously there is a reason Olympic testing is random and they don't tell the athlete's when the limits are. With the amounts of money at stake I'm sure chemicals can be dosed to clear testing times if the athletes knew then in advance.

Also 14 days prefight is plenty of time to recover "strength" lost by a tiny blood sample. An hour would be enough.

If there are ways to easily get around testing like you say, how come Floyd was so generous in giving Pac 14 days? There's nothing random about that. And what prevents Pac from juicing for 13 days before the fight? Maybe Floyd should stick to 1 requirement; random or no fight.

Don't you think?

What I find funny is that Destino thinks Olympic testing is some unbeatable test. Olympic athletes have been cheating those tests as well for years. Let's say Pacquiao is roiding he wouldn't turn down this fight because of Olympic testing when he knows he could beat that too.

Edited by Patrick86L

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=35265

Andre Berto’s Statement: Since the 7.0 earthquake struck Haiti on Tuesday evening, I have been focusing on my family and the Haitian people who are facing an inconceivable battle for survival while still trying to continue to prepare for an opportunity I have dreamt of since childhood. I lost several family members to the earthquake and after two days without word, was relieved to learn that my sister, Naomi and her daughter, Jessica survived, but were left homeless. I have seen the pain in my parents’ eyes as they attempt to understand what has happened to our homeland and recognize a place they once called home.

As a result of this disaster, I am mentally and physically exhausted and therefore I have no choice but to withdraw from my bout on January 30.

Throughout the past six days, I have received an incredible outpouring of support, and I sincerely appreciate everyone’s prayers for the people of Haiti. I hope that everyone will continue to keep the Haitian people in their thoughts and prayers as we work to rebuild this proud nation. The rebuilding of Haiti is not something that will happen overnight, but I am fully dedicated to helping the Haitian people recover from this catastrophic event.

sucks for fight fans, but completely understandable given the situation

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4837075

this espn article is saying he's lost at least 8 members of his family :(

Edited by StillUnknown