Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Pac is good, but don't get too caught up in his beatdowns. It may be the other way around. Floyd just waits for people to talk about him negatively. He'll get pissed off, take the fight and beat Pac 7 rounds to 5.

Obviously that's a possibility, but I'm not sure that he's used to fighting someone that is almost as fast or as fast as he is. I think this will be his biggest test possibly ever.

Obviously that's a possibility, but I'm not sure that he's used to fighting someone that is almost as fast or as fast as he is. I think this will be his biggest test possibly ever.

i think it will be each fighter's biggest test

pac's never fought anyone as good as mayweather, mayweather has not fought anyone as good as pac.

the same way floyd has to deal with pac's speed, pac has to deal with the fact that floyd's defense is one of the three best boxing has ever seen (Willie Pep & Pernell Whitaker being the other two)

i'm a huge fan of both fighters, for different reasons. i can't wait to see them go at it. as someone who watches boxing as much for the "sweet science" as i do the all out wars, this matchup is a dream for me

Floyd just waits for people to talk about him negatively. He'll get pissed off, take the fight and beat Pac 7 rounds to 5.

Floyd's fighting style is the opposite of his pre-match hype persona. Floyd is a quiet fighter. He's very calculating and works more with counter assaults. He'll look like he's always on the defensive but that's just until the opponent gets close enough to attack with just the right punch combo.

Manny will have to figure a way around that. He can be aggressive, very aggressive. That kind of fighting style plays right into Floyd's style.

I also give Floyd the edge, but it'll still be completely awesome to see.

I just have one question. Do all of you who thought Mayweather would totally beatdown Pac before tonights fight, still think that way?

Pac is a bad man.

before tonight i always said Floyd by a wide decision, and would've been surprised if pac won

now i'm thinking floyd by a close decision, but it wouldn't shock me at all if pac won

pacquiao's boxing has improved tremendously since he got with Roach. the fact that he punches from every angle imaginable could be whats needed to crack floyd's defense

right now though, i would still feel fairly comfortable putting money on Floyd to beat pac

great fight

wanted cotto to win because i spotted him like 3 years ago and said he'd be the guy to take out mayweather lol

but glad to see pac-man win because it sets up that fight that would be epic

pac-man is good...hopefully he can beat mayweather

mayweather's a good boxer but really, personally, can't stand him (yeah i know i dont him but whatever) he irks me.

In my opinion you can tell who the "casual" fans are, and who the real boxing fans are when the Floyd Mayweather - Manny Pacquiao fight is discussed.

I think this will be a VERY boring fight....as are the majority of Floyd's fights.

Cotto disappointed me tonight. he proved once and for all that he has no chin and goes into shell shock mode after he is knocked down. I have to give Pacquiao his props....he is a great fighter and dodged no one!

the worst part of him winning this fight though, is that real boxing fans will not get the fight we've wanted for the past 5 years.....Mayweather vs. Mosley.

perhaps they will finally book this fight after Mayweather wins a boring unanimous decision over pacman and Mosley exposes Berto.

Great Win by Manny. Cotto got his tail whupped. I thought Cotto didn't use his boxing skills like he should have. His defense wasn't good at all. Easy for me to say, since i'm not in the ring getting hit. But his left hand was down most of the fight and the left side of his face was busted up. I agree with Roach when he said the inexperienced corner would be a major issue for Cotto. They didn't know what to tell him to defend himself or to initiate some offense. Oh well. Great fight. Good stoppage. Although, i would have stopped it in the 10th or 11th round. Major props to Manny. Now let's see Manny vs Floyd this spring/summer.

In my opinion you can tell who the "casual" fans are, and who the real boxing fans are when the Floyd Mayweather - Manny Pacquiao fight is discussed.

I think this will be a VERY boring fight....as are the majority of Floyd's fights.

Cotto disappointed me tonight. he proved once and for all that he has no chin and goes into shell shock mode after he is knocked down. I have to give Pacquiao his props....he is a great fighter and dodged no one!

the worst part of him winning this fight though, is that real boxing fans will not get the fight we've wanted for the past 5 years.....Mayweather vs. Mosley.

perhaps they will finally book this fight after Mayweather wins a boring unanimous decision over pacman and Mosley exposes Berto.

x2 took the words outta my mouth... The problem with Shane is he is getting older by the minute and PBF knows it..

Anyone else's PPV feed crap out during the fight? About midway through the fourth round it just started freezing up. It came back at the beginning of the sixth round. I have Cox and am in Alexandria. Trying to figure out if it was only me. I will be talking to Cox tomorrow when their billing dept is open. This pissed me off (and everyone who was at my house for the fight) so much.

floyd likes money, fighting pacquiao will get him at least $20mil

this fight will happen, makes way too much financial sense for it not to happen

Egos will keep this fight from happening. Arum already said he wouldn't do the fight before Cotto. Things may have changed but with the history Bob Arum and Floyd have I don't see them comming to a common ground, even for the money.

Mosely-Floyd will happen before Pacman- PBF

i think it will be each fighter's biggest test

pac's never fought anyone as good as mayweather, mayweather has not fought anyone as good as pac.

the same way floyd has to deal with pac's speed, pac has to deal with the fact that floyd's defense is one of the three best boxing has ever seen (Willie Pep & Pernell Whitaker being the other two)

i'm a huge fan of both fighters, for different reasons. i can't wait to see them go at it. as someone who watches boxing as much for the "sweet science" as i do the all out wars, this matchup is a dream for me

Pac will be able to walk down Mayweather the way Delahoya did, Only Pac is still young and can score points and not fade.

Pac will be able to walk down Mayweather the way Delahoya did, Only Pac is still young and can score points and not fade.

floyd fought DLH at 154, so DLH was able to big man him a little bit. not to mention floyd wasn't concerned about DLH's speed so he didn't mind being on the ropes. pac & floyd are relatively the same size at this point of their careers. against Pac, floyd will be cognizant of pac's speed, he wont be on the ropes much in that fight

Arum has mentioned plenty of times that Mayweather is a boring fighter. Which is why he isn't too enthusiastic about making the fight happen so quickly. I know he has a hidden agenda because Floyd won't do a 50/50 split if they fight.

Floyd talent is almost like a gift and curse. He's elusive on defense, which makes his fights boring as hell. He won't go toe-to-toe and throw blows with anyone, he's not stupid.

Pacman is great, and his speed is unbelievable. He took some unnecessary blows if you ask me, but I think that may have been part of his strategy to tire Cotto out. I also like the fact that Pac said he was going for the KO in round 12, and lauhged when Merchant mentioned not showing Cotto any mercy. Cotto was running like he was in a track meet.

Pacman vs Mayweath at Texas Stadium would be a huge huge fight, but the only exciting thing would be watching Manny fight, not Mayweather.

great fight by Manny, dumb moves by Cotto. He had no corner, and that is a problem when after the fight you admit that you could not see some punches coming, that's what your corner is for. that's why nobody threw in the towel after the 9th,10th or 11th rounds because Cotto was calling the shots and it's hard to get a boxer to say he wants to quit, even when he knows he should.

As for Pacman vs PBF, Manny will be on the long list of fighters who Floyd has ducked. It would be a good fight to watch with Manny having to be the aggresor and Floyd hiding behind his shoulder as usual. I kinda hope that Floyd takes another fight, not with Mosley or any other big name, and draws crappy PPV numbers, while Manny takes on a big name and outdraws PBF, taking a lot of leverage out of Floyd's negotiations.

haye threw like 10 punches per round

his defense was good (then again, Valuev punches could be seen by the blind), but that fight was atrocious on the eyes

i actually like Haye, but he could've thrown alot more punches than he did in that fight. he almost lost that fight by not throwing enough punches, even though valuev didn't hit anything but air for 12 rounds

If he got more busy, you and I both know, he'd be going for the knockout. He paced himself and made Valuev look like an amateur. I can't knock that.

:helmet:

I hated watching that beating Cotto took. I'm proud that he fought such a great fight but I was really hoping he'd pull out the upset. Rounds 1-4 were special to watch. But in the end Pacs' speed was the difference.

:helmet:

I don't think it was a very good fight....it was a dominant performance by Pacquiao.

It wasn't Pacman's hand speed that won the fight....it was Cotto's lack of aggressiveness early on. He didn't cut off the ring and didn't go to the body early and often enough; This enabled Pacquiao to go on the offensive.

As I stated in a previous post....Cotto has no chin. After that knockdown in the 4th, I knew it was over. Cotto doesn't recover after monster knock downs like that; instead he goes into retreat mode and gets plumbed.

Cotto is my favorite boxer...but I've come to the reality that he is finished. His head isn't right and he lacks mental toughness. His promoter will have to pick and chose his fights delicately to make sure Pacquiao isn't over-matched.