Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

• 2 weeks later...

Mayweather vs Pacquiao Fight In Doubt According To Dan Rafael.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/12/Mayweather-Pacquiao-fight-in-doubt/

Looks like Arum/Pacquiao is genuinely trying to make this fight while Mayweather seems disinterested. And this coming from Rafael who has been more of a Mayweather guy over the years.

Eh, I think you might have the wrong Dan Rafael.  Dude has been a mouthpiece for Bob Arum/Todd DeBeouf/Top Rank for at least the last two years.  Dude had Manny Pacquiao as the #3 fighter of the year this year (!)

Dan Rafael, from what I've seen, has been pro Mayweather for the most part. He has been critical of Floyd at times, but he seems to favor Mayweather over Pacquiao IMO.

he isnt

He has served as a mouthpiece for both camps. Whomever feeds him news is who he usually runs with.

Unlike some, I think Rafael usually tells it like it is. He did call Mayweather out for the initial random blood testing ploy by Floyd. But since then, he seemed to be pro Floyd.

I tend to agree with him on this Pacquiao/Mayweather fight. At least on the surface it seems like Top Rank is trying to make this fight where as we have heard nothing from the Mayweather camp at all.

To be fair, a lot of writers are like that. But working for ESPN, he really don't have a dog in this fight. He has said plenty of things in favor of Mayweather in the past.

You also have to understand where everyone is coming from. Pac/May isn't getting any younger and there's absolutely no excuse for them not to fight next year. And so far, at least on the surface, it looks like Top Rank is trying to get the ball rolling while no one from May's camp seem interested. And if you read and listen to what people are saying, Floyd is starting to lose support from his backers.

To be fair, a lot of writers are like that.

not in boxing.

Most of the respected boxing media is not working for ESPN or even SI.

Fat Dan doesnt have an original thought in his mind. Deadspin obliterated him a few years ago for this.

I just think its funny you riding with him now after he was being fed information by GBP/Mayweahter for years and you just assumed he was pro-Mayweather and more than likely disagreed with most of what he said.

I tend to ignore what Fat Dan says and just follow the real boxing journos, or at least the ones who arent scared to step on toes.

You also have to understand where everyone is coming from. Pac/May isn't getting any younger and there's absolutely no excuse for them not to fight next year. And so far, at least on the surface, it looks like Top Rank is trying to get the ball rolling while no one from May's camp seem interested. And if you read and listen to what people are saying, Floyd is starting to lose support from his backers.

I dont think either Pacquaio or Mayweather are that interested in fighting each other in 2015. Both speak a lot to the media to placate fans but actions speak louder than words. Neither of them are willing to do enough for the fight.

I rather we stop talking about it at this point because its not happening.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Please direct me to the writers who aren't afraid to step on toes.

Actions speak louder than words. Pacquiao has even went out and made a commercial calling out Floyd. You know Pacquiao wants the fight, it's Floyd who's dragging his feet. The problem is now is the potential Cotto/Alverez fight for May 2 has painted Floyd in a corner. If he wants Cinco De Mayo, he has to fight Pacquiao.

Please direct me to the writers who aren't afraid to step on toes.

Actions speak louder than words. Pacquiao has even went out and made a commercial calling out Floyd. You know Pacquiao wants the fight, it's Floyd who's dragging his feet. The problem is now is the potential Cotto/Alverez fight for May 2 has painted Floyd in a corner. If he wants Cinco De Mayo, he has to fight Pacquiao.

I acutally dont know.

I saw Floyd say he wants to fight and call out Manny many times, and its somehow dismissed. Ive seen Manny do it as well, and thats somehow dismissed.

There has not been any real serious negotiations on this at all, despite what Top Rank is feeding Fat Dan.

The time for this fight was 2010, but Manny was scared of needles or something. Then they said they wanted the fight again in 2012 but Arum made a statememnt about some big MGM stadium that was never built, when they really wanted to wait for Floyd to do his bid in jail.

Now its apparently Floyd not wanting to fight on Cinco De Mayo which is causing conflict with Cotto/Canelo.

These two do not want to fight, but they keep playing this up so we can talk about it. Im tired of it, and Im not going to be held hostage by the chance of this fight happening. Im over it.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/12/29/7463987/leo-santa-cruz-rigondeaux-isnt-interesting-mares-likely-for-may

When asked about a potential 2015 fight with one of the other super bantamweight titleholders, Santa Cruz again played down the idea of fighting Guillermo Rigondeaux, and said that Abner Mares is a likely opponent for a May fight if all goes well.

"I heard that Quigg, he had surgery on his hand, so he's out until May. Frampton's going to fight against Avalos. Guillermo Rigondeaux, the people don't like his style, and I don't think that'd be an interesting fight. I wanna give a great show and a great fight for the fans.

small-duck-12438313.jpg

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Finally, there may be some hope for this mega fight. Still not holding my breath waiting on it though.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article18903.html

FightHype.com was recently contacted by a representative of Franklin "Jeng" Gacal, long-time Filipino lawyer and Chief of Staff for Filipino Congressman Manny Pacquiao, who was looking to set up a face-to-face meeting with undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather. According to the representative, Gacal is going to be in Mayweather's hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada from December 30 to January 3, and wants to speak with him in hopes of gathering evidence to prove that it's Pacquiao's own promoter, Bob Arum, not Mayweather, preventing the mega-fight from happening.

*** More at link

• Like 1

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a bold statement. Of course I already know the snide remarks and what ever else comes along w/it is bound to be thrown my way and I'm cool w/that but in the end, I'll be able to say I told you so. So here it is:

Based on my observations and everything I've been hearing the last couple months, if you didn't already know, I want to be the first to inform you that the Super Fight is definitely going to happen.

You're welcome.

Just want to remind all of you that I'm standing by this statement. And based on some recent news I received lastnite, I'm now standing more firm than ever. It is happening.

You're very welcome.