Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The SINGLE PLAY that has defined the Redskin's season ...

PierceType

Mine seems somewhat minor, but I feel it is reflective of the change in offensive philosophy that has saved this season for us.

Here it is:

We are leading in the 4th quarter. The OLD Gibbs would have run GUT, GUT, SIDELINE SCREEN, PUNT the rest of the game and hoped the defense could somehow hold on.

But not this time.

This time, Gibbs goes deep to Moss for the winning TD and seals the deal. Frankly, I was in shock. At that moment, I not only had hope we could make the playoffs, but that we might actually advance.

That's mine. What's yours?

In my opinion it was probably the Springs INT in the Chicago game before halftime if I had to pick a play that helped define our season. Without that INT we might not of had a season further then the Cowboys game. That INT helped Todd Collins hit Todd Yoder before halftime and give us all the momentum to beat Chicago and to continue on to where we are today. Shawn Springs ended the game with 2 INTs and is one of the main reasons why we are 9-7 right now.

Mine seems somewhat minor, but I feel it is reflective of the change in offensive philosophy that has saved this season for us.

Here it is:

We are leading in the 4th quarter. The OLD Gibbs would have run GUT, GUT, SIDELINE SCREEN, PUNT the rest of the game and hoped the defense could somehow hold on.

But not this time.

This time, Gibbs goes deep to Moss for the winning TD and seals the deal. Frankly, I was in shock. At that moment, I not only had hope we could make the playoffs, but that we might actually advance.

That's mine. What's yours?

Gibbs made the exact same call against the Eagles in Week 2, Campbell simply overthrew Moss.

Gibbs made the exact same call against the Eagles in Week 2, Campbell simply overthrew Moss.

Yep. And there have been others as well all year. QB missed, blocker missed, receiver fell down, pass dropped, fumble, etc. The biggest difference now is second half execution. They're making the plays.

Joe Gibbs needs to give Jason a shot at those kinds of things. Say he turns it over and we lose-we would've lost anyway, we did it virtually all year! Let Jason get used to pressure situations, and he'll get more comfortable with them, gaining trust.

He turns it over too much to even get a shot at the big hitters.... If you can't set those plays up because you've handed the ball to the other team, you'll never get the chances.

How long do you think it takes to get used to pressure situations? I hope he can get used to pressure but for now...even an off season isn't going to help in my opinion.

Know this.... Campbell's injury is why we are in the playoffs and the play he went down changed the destiny of this team going to the playoffs this year......

I'd say the play that has defined the season best was Jason Campbell's TD pass right before halftime in the first Eagles game...

We were on the one yard line, and looking like we were going to score and pretty much control our own destiny in that game. Then, three back to back penalties move us further and further away from the goal line, and our goal of a TD. Players are starting to get flustered, fans are getting pissed, and I even think Gibbs sent out the field goal team at one point. We looked as if we were self-destructing, and the last thing the Skins looked like they'd be able to do was score.

The next thing you know, Campbell, inexplicably, lofts an absolute perfect pass to Cooley for a TD, something you never would have seen coming based on all the chaos that came immediately before it.

That's pretty much the 2007 season in one play in my eyes... :cheers:

Joe Gibbs needs to give Jason a shot at those kinds of things. Say he turns it over and we lose-we would've lost anyway, we did it virtually all year! Let Jason get used to pressure situations, and he'll get more comfortable with them, gaining trust.

I love Campbell, but he has been given the opportunity. He's played all year, but the offense is executed better with Collins.

That being said, I'm not saying Collins is the future, but he's an answer right now.

Gibbs challenging the 12 men on the field play. By far the biggest "WTF" moment of the year. We looked like we were about to lose that VIkings game and go into the Cowboys game hoping for a lot, but that changed everything. We get a td that drive.

Gibbs challenging the 12 men on the field play. By far the biggest "WTF" moment of the year. We looked like we were about to lose that VIkings game and go into the Cowboys game hoping for a lot, but that changed everything. We get a td that drive.
That'd be second. For me, as much as I hate to say it, it's the play where Campbell got injured and Collins took over.

my favorite plays in Dallas that told something about this team...

Griffin just absolutley drilling JJ on third down from behind late in the game

Fletcher shooting the gap and taking down JJ 5 yds behind the line

Collins to Moss in the 4th

Portis last run of the night...he wanted that 100yds

we have total desire...i love this team now as much as I did when I was 12yrs old

The TD pass to Betts in the Bears game finally showed the team what it was like to put a team away in the second half of a hard fought game, and I think they became a better second half team on that play alone. I mean early in the season we would have played for the FG and might have got the W but we are taking the W's now like good teams do. HTTR!

Dont know the single play, but it had to be during the last NY game. I realized then we might have something and could win out.

btw, I think Gibbs would have prefered Collins over Campbell to start the season (he likes veteran QB's), but he knows JC is the future and most Skins fans woulda went crazy with the decision.

Not dish'n JC, but he isn't as comfortable in the pocket as Collins.

i have nothing wrong with JC but he's been giving the chance to make big plays but instead he overthrows WR when they are wide open. he's still learning. but im not trying to wait for him to get better. i think we all as fans are trying to win now, with whoever is in the game

Archived