Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins @ Seahawks..serious thread

GIBBS LIVES

Ok..time to get serious and lay it on the line. The Seahawks have become a one demensional team. They rely on the pass to do it all for them. Shawn Alexander wasn't a factor against us last time, and he's even less of a factor now. They clearly are weaker then the team that went to the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.

The Seahawks have no WR that scares anybody and our secondary matches up WELL against their WR's. If we can get to Hassleback, rough him up like we did Romo sits to pee, he'll make mistakes. He has never handled adversity that well and his weaknesses are hidden because he plays in the weakest division in football.

I'm not being bias because of my affection for our skins, but I realistically see us winning this game 20-13.

I think you hit it right on.

Although there is no single wide receiver that scares me, it makes it difficult to know which one to focus on. They spread it around pretty well. I still think we should focus on "making sure" they don't get Shaun Alexander going...also, so well timed blitzes early to let haseelbeck know we have some ballers would be good too.

They do have a heck of a crowd but if we can get up on them early, it'll make the crowd a non-factor...

...plus, my bro "Redskinsfanatic" has 50 yard line seats behind the Skins bench!

We just need Smooty and Springs to take advantage if we blitz Hassleback. Springs has already done that the past few weeks, and Smoot's been shut down, but lets see Smoot take advantage like he used to and get some more INTs.

More importantly, if we are to pressure, we need Landry to be that safety blanked. Can he do that?

The Seahawks have no WR that scares anybody and our secondary matches up WELL against their WR's. If we can get to Hassleback, rough him up like we did Romo sits to pee, he'll make mistakes. He has never handled adversity that well and his weaknesses are hidden because he plays in the weakest division in football.

I'm not being bias because of my affection for our skins, but I realistically see us winning this game 20-13.

Man, I really wish I was as confident as the rest of you. I see Seattle as the toughest team in the NFC right now!

Branch, Engram, Hackett, and Burleson are all finally healthy.....together, they are scary. I don't really see how our secondary matches up well against them. Smoot, Torrence, and Landry covering Branch, Hackett, and Burleson on the outside? I'm scared. The only confidence I have is Springs covering Engram in the slot.

And Hasselback is a veteran, not like Romo sits to pee. If we don't pressure him he will pick us apart. He has more options than just T.O. And the weak division argument is just plain stupid.

I think it's going to take an extraordinary effort to win this game, but I think this Redskins team is capable of anything right now. If we pull it off we're going all the way to the SB.

Guest ComebackKing

From a netural standpoint I think you hit the nail on the head. The Seahawks are very one dimensional. They rely on their passing game. The Redskins can own you if your one dimensional.

20-13 sounds about right to me. Gosh that would be so sweet.

You hit it point blank, my friend.

I also agree on the Seahawks being one dimensional, and hopefully if we can stop the pass consistently throughout the game, we'll be able to win this one. Shaun Alexander hasn't been playing like he used to back in 2005, and I think the Seahawks will rely more on the pass for this one.

As for the crowd, I think Collins and the Offense will be able to put it away. The only way the crowd will be loud is if we give them something to be loud about. Agreed? We've played in some tough environments on big nights. Even though Philadelphea didn't do much this season, back in week 2 their crowd was loud on Monday Night Football. Same with New York and Minnesota, with Minnesota being the loudest. On top of that, it was in a dome.

I want their offense to go out on the field first so we can make a big play on "D" and quiet them down a little. If we go out on offense first, their throats will be fresh and they're gonna be screaming LOUD.

Hopefully you guys will agree with some of the points I made, and I'll stick around to read more....

Man, I really wish I was as confident as the rest of you. I see Seattle as the toughest team in the NFC right now!

Branch, Engram, Hackett, and Burleson are all finally healthy.....together, they are scary. I don't really see how our secondary matches up well against them. Smoot, Torrence, and Landry covering Branch, Hackett, and Burleson on the outside? I'm scared. The only confidence I have is Springs covering Engram in the slot.

And Hasselback is a veteran, not like Romo sits to pee. If we don't pressure him he will pick us apart. He has more options than just T.O. And the weak division argument is just plain stupid.

I think it's going to take an extraordinary effort to win this game, but I think this Redskins team is capable of anything right now. If we pull it off we're going all the way to the SB.

You have to stick Springs on Hackett. He is, by far, their most dangerous receiver.

I'll even go as far as to say, I don't think we even need to pressure hassleback to win. Will we? Hell yea. But, I think all we need to do, is not make mistakes like fumbles, penalties, and we win this thing. Our Defense matches good against their Offense, especially in the running game of late. And our running game has picked up. So look for us to control the clock.

We are not a 9-7 team. We are a 0-0 team, playing like every week is the Super Bowl. The only thing that any team will have on us, would be the home-field advantage. Minny and NY didnt phase us!

Im not taking them lightly, but somethin tells me this isnt going to be scary close like some think. I think we win big. And thats not a biased opinion. I think dallas, NY, GB, or TB would be a closer game.

the Redskins played one of the three most difficult schedules in the NFL in 2007. The NFC East is the NFC's most competitive division. One of the NFC teams playing the best at the close of the season, Philly, isn't even invited to the dance.

Meanwhile, Seattle at 10-6, has gotten rich playing a much easier schedule, especially within division.

This is not to say the Redskins are favorites in this game, but for the ESPN crew to talk about the Seahawks as the 'deserving' division winners and the Redskins as a 'lucky' wildcard shows many have not been watching this team or the East this season.

Seattle would not have posted a 10-6 record playing the Redskins, Dallas, NY and Philly twice :)

The Seahawks put up over 500 yards of total offense on the Falcons this past weekend. I hope they're burnt out from that effort, although I don't think it'll matter because the defense is playing as well as I've ever seen it play in a while. Inspired football for a change. I will say this, I am much more confident heading into Seattle now as opposed to 2005, and even more confident than when we went to TB for the wildcard round in 2005 as well. While I enjoyed watching that 2005 team rattle off all those consecutive wins, watching this 2007 incarnation of the Redskins is much more fun now. It has been one heckuva roller coaster ride, and we've certainly had our ups and downs, but I've had more fun watching the past 2 weeks of Redskins football than I have ever had watching football period.

Maybe it is the circumstances behind it, but I am overjoyed everytime we go out and dominate for Taylor. Being at the Dallas game Sunday was the best atmosphere I've been apart of at FedEx Field, and having this been my 2nd game this year (Bills the 1st of the year), the Skins team I watched on Sunday was a complete 180 from the team I saw during that Bills game. Here's to hoping we can keep this bandwagon moving all the way!!!!!:point2sky:dallasuck:seahawksu

Seattle was a much better team in 2005. Alexander was league MVP and having his best season and the Seahawks had Steve Hutchinson and Walter Jones playing on the OL in their primes.

Their defense may be a bit better in terms of rush now than in 2005 but I still think teams can pass on this defense when the OL holds up.

The seahawks are a more one dimensional team than in 05. Alexander is only averaging 3.5 yards/carry while Morris has surprised a lot of folks averaging 4.5 yards and almost matching Alexanders total yardage. But he's not a #1 back.

Seattle has the ability to spread out the Redskin defense. Which doesn't bode well for a depleted Redskins D. Whether we can face it or not, this defense is beat up. It's a great story through the year, but when you have to face weapons like what the Seahawks have, it's going to be tough.

On the defensive side of the ball, Seattle has some serious questions. They allowed almost 400 yards to an average Falcons O and 300 yards to the Panthers and nearly that to the Ravens.

This team wins by setting up the run with the pass. This game will be won by keeping the Seahawks offense off the field by sustaining long drives, winning the turnover battle, and getting pressure on Hasselback.

This is probably the toughest matchup for the skins in the NFC

I follow the Seahawks closely, here's my thoughts:

--I agree that the Hawks will be one dimensional. They haven't been able to run the ball all year, and the Skins run D is savage right now. That being said, Hasselbeck is a QB who has the ability and confidence to carry the entire offense on his shoulders.

--It seems that people here are underestimating the ability of the Seahawks defense. The Seahawks have a VERY good defense. Four NFC pro-bowl starters including two linebackers. Thier pass rush is good with Kerney and Tapp coming off the ends. Thier linebacking corp is as good as any in the NFC. Corners are good with Trufant (pro-bowl) and Jennings. Deon Grant is good at SS. I'm not yet sold on FS Russel. The fact that Atlanta tore up the Hawks D last week doesn't really mean much to me. It was a meaningless game for the Hawks and thus it's hard to get defenses to play with the needed intensity.

Bottom line I think this is a good matchup between Hawks and Skins....should be a good game.

Didn't the Seahawks score something like 41 or so points last game they played? I understand they lost but geez, those are alot of points!

They played 4-12 Atlanta in a nice, warm dome.

The weather will be much worse in Seattle. Not that it will be to their advantage and I would hope they wouldn't think it is. Their weather is no worse than in DC so a rainy 45 degree day is not foreign to the Skins.

Didn't the Seahawks score something like 41 or so points last game they played? I understand they lost but geez, those are alot of points!

Yes, against the Falcons #29 scoring defense, they scored 41 points.

And against the Falcons #29 scoring offense, they gave up 44.

(In the NFL, this is called a "loss".)

Week before that, they played Baltimore.

Against the NFL's #24 O and #22 D (in terms of scoring), Seattle won 27-6.

Week before that, Carolina: #26 O, #15 D. Seattle loses, 13-10.

Week before that, they played Arizona: #7 O, #27 D. Seattle wins 42-21.

-----

Next week: Washington. #18 O, #11 D.

My previous post notwithstanding, I'm not exactly predicting a pushover, here.

In recent games, we've dominated one dimensional teams. But we've dominated one dimensional running teams. (Well, the Giants were one dimensional because of the weather.)

Our D may not handle a one dimensional passing team so well.

And from looking at stats for my previous post, Seattle has the #9 (scoring) O and the #6 D. You can talk that down by pointing at their schedule, but still, being top 10 in the NFL on O and D isn't something to take lightly.

Although, funny thing about their D:

They're #6 in points allowed.

#12 for rushing yardage.

#19 for passing yardage.

Maybe they're something like our D: give up yards but not points?

Archived