Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody else worried that maybe we are getting to far ahead of ourselves here?

Jahbird

I'm sure a fans perspective is completely different than the actual players perspective. I find it annoying that people have to get on some sort of phantom podium and announce we still have a game to win before we can start talking about being in the playoffs. I mean really, we do? honest?..................Enough parenting by some people on this board already. If you have some sort of jinx theory then don't read the posts in the first place much less 'comment' on them.

Perfectly said. I don't believe in jinxes, and I am confident in our team.

I've said it in many other threads, and I'll say it here as well: if we ever want to be considered a consistently good team, we must start winning as the favorites. I don't care if everyone's on our dick, we need to go out and play like we're the better team. Otherwise we'll be struggling to get into the playoffs every single year. I'm sure JG's teams of the '80s and early '90s were favorites in almost every single game they played, yet that didn't seem to be their downfall.

Since I consider this game Sunday a playoff game, we're already in the playoffs. I'm pretty certain there's no way BOTH Minnesota and Nawlins will go down so it's "lose and the season is over". It's really that simple.

exactly

we entered the playoffs weeks ago, starting with Chicago, win or go home

that same attitude I'm bringing Sunday to the game

I am scared out of my mind... get nervous everytime I think about it... very worried about the game and a potential flop...

however, if the skins go out and play like they have the last two weeks and play with heart... no way they get beat by Dallas...their backups arent as good as our starters... but they have to play like they can... not like how they have played leading up to the last two weeks.....

did I mention I am scared as all get out....I will admit it.. i dont want this season to end.. especially not with a home loss to the Girls back up players.....we cant go out like that....

I have not slept more than 3 hours straight since last week. I am scared --itless

A lot of us are. I suppose because they have nothing to lose and we have so much to lose. All the pressure is on us and none on them.

Plus, historically in this rivalry, the team that is "supposed" to win, doesn't.

It is scary.

like I said though... if we don't win, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I'm very worried. We've been the underdog the last 2 weeks...I like that. Nothing to loose. Our team responds well in that situation. But now, everyone is saying we are going to win...and we are talking about playoff games. I'm superstitious, we need to cut it out. Dallas will want to crush us.

I think alot of fans have gotten ahead of themselves this week. I for one am not looking past Dallass, half squad or not. At first, I was scared about this game, but the last day or two, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not scared to lose this game. I look at it this way, we lose, we were'nt supposed to be there anyway at 5-7. We win, we just prove eveyone wrong who said we were toast at 5-7. I actually feel less pressure playing Dallass then at any other time we've played them.

I am looking past Dallas -- as a fan, I am entitled to that luxury.

Reasons why we will beat Dallas easily:

(1) Dallas players have nothing to really play for, other than "history."

(2) TO is out.

(3) G;enn is probably not at full strength.

(4) They are switching players, in the middle of the game -- which kills continuity.

(5) If they are practicing the same way, that will further kill any continuity.

(6) Skins are focused (I have seen player interviews). People who have nothing to play for do not want to play those are focused.

It is overwhelming ...

We may not blow out the Cowboys, but we definitely will beat them.

this is the classic trap game like the 2005 game against the Eagles was. At least the only consolation is that the Cowboys don't have anything to play for and want to be cautious, whereas the Eagles wanted to play spoiler. We also get them at home.

I hope the players don't take this lightly. They knew they had to play hard the last two weeks. Now this game seems like something they could relax a bit on, but I don't think the players see it like that.

Man, sunday cannot come sooner...

Let's put it this way:

The Skins are on fire and the Boys will be sitting many of their playmakers for most if not all of the game. If the Skins do not make the playoffs, then they don't deserve to make the playoffs. All they have to do is beat a glorified practice squad putting forth 50% effort.

My thoughts exactly. They WILL earn it. They have thus far. There is too much character and class on this squad to keep these guys from delivering on Sunday.

Oh, I'll be at the game. I've always wanted to meet the grandfathers of this web site, because I have such respect for them. Some of the posters on here are hilarious, and I would want to meet these guys as well.

Hell, I'm a noob in the grand scheme of this place, but I support it, I'm on here all the time, and we're a brotherhood of fans.

Where O where will you boys be this Sunday, I'd love to come find you.

My folks are season ticket holders for years. My old man is the generally in the first five at the gate every game before the lot opens. They've tailgated with the same people for over ten years. We get off at 17B and have a green parking pass. We park right next to the stadium next to the players parking lot with the handicapped parking lot to our immediate left if you're looking at the stadium. We moon the opposing teams buses as they come in, and the band always stops where we are plays for a while.

Where are my fellow ES'ers normally?

Archived