Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we lose to Dallas, do we just need....

lavar1156

Here are the rules.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

i believe if we lose (which we WON'T) and the vikings lose... but the Aints win... then the Aints get in because of a better conference record...

7-5 vs our 6-6 since we are both 6-5 now

how can we both win, yet the saints end up 7-5 and we end up 6-6?? :doh:

OK, I'm a little confused here so somebody help me out. IF we lose next week, along with the Vikes... and say the Eagles, Lions, Cardinals and Saints win... there would be a 6-way 8-8 record for the 6th seed in the NFC. Now I know we trump the Lions, Cardinals, and Vikes... and the Saints trump us... but don't the Eagles trump the Saints and Vikes by beating them both this year? IF it were that scenario... wouldn't the Eagles get the 6th seed?

OK, I'm a little confused here so somebody help me out. IF we lose next week, along with the Vikes... and say the Eagles, Lions, Cardinals and Saints win... there would be a 6-way 8-8 record for the 6th seed in the NFC. Now I know we trump the Lions, Cardinals, and Vikes... and the Saints trump us... but don't the Eagles trump the Saints and Vikes by beating them both this year? IF it were that scenario... wouldn't the Eagles get the 6th seed?

if that many teams finish tied at 8-8 then that'd be amazing. :laugh:

here's a good page to view the playoff scenarios: http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html

the vikings to lose or both the vikings and saints. ESPN claims we wold only need the vikings to lose but i thought I saw somewhere else that we needed both to lose.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3159988

Washington: The Redskins can clinch a playoff spot next Sunday by beating the Cowboys or with a Vikings loss.

The way I see it, if we don't beat Dallas, we don't deserve to the playoffs.

Archived