Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Face it people, we got LUCKY!

PierceType

Gibbs simply refuses to learn and get away from his ULTRA-CONSERVATIVE style when he gets a lead. I swear, I think these 3 point games excite him somehow.

Your right about that statement and it sickens me how we go from doing well in the first half to gibbs halftime adjustments the wrong way.

Lucky, maybe. The refs were letting them play, Moss and El were getting pushed all night as well as Smoot being on top of Plexico. It was on both sides.

Well PierceType

You have made me choose between you and Joe Gibbs

It was a tough choice, being that you have brought so much to the table for the Redskins organization, but I am going to have choose our Hall of Fame coach.

I know I might get flamed for this. But I know I am right.

:laugh: :laugh: :applause:

Let me start off by saying I am a life-long Redskins fan that used to cheer for them back when Sonny Jergensen wore the jersey, so I'm no troll.

That being said, Joe Gibbs did in the second half what he always does: shut the offense down and try to sit on the lead. Play it safe. Run it up the gut. 3 and out and hope the defense can hold.

However, this time, WE GOT LUCKY:

1. The Giants simply could NOT catch the ball. I think I counted at least 10 drops.

Did you notice drops on our part? What if we had those completions. I am sure the score wouldve been much higher then 22.

2. I saw at least 3 times we interfered with the receiver and we weren't flagged.

Did you notice how many times they interfered with our receivers and never got called? I am sure you didn't.

3. Giants defenders twice dropped easy picks.

Sigh... I don't want to repeat myself. Good bye

1. The Giants simply could NOT catch the ball. I think I counted at least 10 drops. And the Redskins could ... END OF STORY. They couldn't catch the ball because they are not good at catching the ball.

2. I saw at least 3 times we interfered with the receiver and we weren't flagged. I counted at least 2 for the skins that were not flagged

3. Giants defenders twice dropped easy picks. We dropped at least 3

Anytime you go into a game with two of your offensive lineman missing, and a rookie starting in one of those spots, missing your best overall player due to a murder, missing your starting CB (rodgers) due to injury, and playing in your rivals home field and going with a QB that has not started this century and THEN YOU WIN .... you are not lucky.

Go start this silly argument with your sister or brother, your freaking dad or the jerk in your office who knows nothing but talks about everything skins ...

DON'T DO IT HERE!

DON'T DO IT NOW!

CAN'T YOU SEE WE ARE BUSY TRYING TO GET THE PLAYOFFS? :mad:

:point2sky

And as for your PI call, the refs were letting them play tonight. The Giants got away with SEVERAL as well. Specifically when Moss and Randle El both got completely mugged by LBers. It was refreshing to see the consistency from the refs.

Yeah man, did anyone else hear Randel-El screaming HOLDING HOLDING HOLDING! that one time? My girlfriend who doesn't even know anIt was ridiculous.

The cold weather must've made the refs go into hibernation mode.

Let me start off by saying I am a life-long Redskins fan that used to cheer for them back when Sonny Jergensen wore the jersey, so I'm no troll.

That being said, Joe Gibbs did in the second half what he always does: shut the offense down and try to sit on the lead. Play it safe. Run it up the gut. 3 and out and hope the defense can hold.

1. The Giants simply could NOT catch the ball. I think I counted at least 10 drops.

2. I saw at least 3 times we interfered with the receiver and we weren't flagged.

Gibbs simply refuses to learn and get away from his ULTRA-CONSERVATIVE style when he gets a lead. I swear, I think these 3 point games excite him somehow.

Want PROOF?

In the first 32 minutes of this game, we scored 22 points (could have been more).

In the final 28 minutes of this game we scored ZERO (sound familiar?).

'Nuff said. I'm happy for the win, but we have to thank the Giants more than we have to thank Gibbs.

P.S., I know I'll get flamed for this, so go ahead. I don't care cause I know I'm right.

I dont agree with your post what-so-ever.

I will say though i didnt have a problem with the conservative play calling in the second half because i thought we were running that ball decently.

My only issue was with the playcalling. The fake slant draw play is not something to should be called 10 times a game. Saunders called it alteast 8 times to my knowledge last night (Ill have to sit back down tonight and watch the film again so be positive).

Overall, i didnt have a problem with it. Certainly i was starting to get nervous when the Giants were driving a bit in the second half, but you could almost get a feel that the Giants just didnt want it as bad as we did. With the way the wind was whipping, and the way Collins throws were sailing i had no problem with the play calling.

I actually was more curious why we sat back on defense in a conservative mode in that second half. Because it was obvious when we got pressure on Manning he became very Manningesque by throwing the ball off of the back foot.

PierceType,

I agree with your post 100%. I expected a Hall of Fame coach to use his experience, adopt, be innovative, and show why he is a Hall of Fame coach. Now all I see is coach wedded to old school smashmouth football (even if we don't have an overpowering line and Riggo type back), poor play calling (too conservative), and confusion whenever the game is tight and we have a third and long or 4th and short in the red zone. Trust me, if Joe Gibbs was not the Hall of Fame coach, but somebody else, the fans on this site would have been calling for a coaching change a while ago.

The fact that we couldn't score in the second half is worrisome. A really good team scores in both halves. But I'm thrilled we won especially after handing the Giants a victory the last time we played them.:gaintsuck

Your memory must be bad. We scored a TD in the begining of the 2nd half. :doh:

Actually the Giants are lucky that we didn't score that touchdown and go up by 19. If Collins but more heat behind that pass to Cooley in the endzone...the game would have been out of reach.

Not to mention, we played a lot better than they did, at their house. We never really played well up there, but yesterday we handled business.

This is such a stupid thread I knew someone was going to post this. The conditions alone called for a consertative game plan. All around the skins just wanted it more and it was very evident that was the case. The reason giants dropped so many passes was beside "brandon jacobs butter fingers" most of the passes where poorly thrown and the wind had a big part in that. You couldn't even throw in the end zone it was like the ball just hit an invisible sheild and just went were ever. So I wouldn't say the skins got lucky.

You have a great memory as a toddler...Sonny retired in 1974...you would have been 4.

The conditions sucked....the Giants offense sucked...Gibbs did what he need to...WIN THE GAME.

the only way the giants were gonna get back into that game was a mistake by us for either great field position for them or a td on defense.

Actually the Giants aren't lucky that we didn't score that touchdown and go up by 19. If Collins but more heat behind that pass to Cooley in the endzone...the game would have been out of reach.

Not to mention, we played a lot better than they did, at their house. We never really played well up there, but yesterday we handled business.

Collins actually said that he though he threw it so he led cooley but the wind blew it back so the giants defender could make a play.

Wow, and here I thought it was just a good, solid win over a 9-4 division rival on their home turf in severely adverse weather conditions. Who knew that the Redskins were just extraordinarily lucky that the Giants, who never had the lead and never got closer than 12 points after the midway point of the second quarter, just let the Redskins win?

Your points:

1) Most of those drops were by Brandon Jacobs. At what point does it stop being lucky that he dropped the ball and start being just standard operating procedure? Maybe after the third or fourth drop, Eli should have stopped throwing to him? And, if you didn't notice, the Redskins had their own share of drops and almost-had-its.

2) What plays are you talking about? I swear, people are so conditioned to seeing interference called, they don't even bother to actually look to see if there was PI. The refs were calling the game loose last night - for both teams. I guess you missed the play where Mitchell just grabbed onto Randle El when he could have caught a pass with A LOT of room to run?

3) The Redskins had their share of dropped interceptions, too? Why aren't the Giants lucky, too?

It's amazing how people can't accept victory now without noting that it wouldn't have happened if the other team didn't screw up, even though that is how most games are won - the other team screwing up more often than the winning team. I don't see how the Redskins were any luckier than the Giants. They went out there and won the game. It's not like the Redskins got a pick then fumbled it right back to the Giants on the return, giving them a first down in the red zone :).

As far as Gibbs being conservative: a) he didn't really shut down until the fourth quarter; B) if there was ever a game to reel it back in, it's when you have a 19-point second half lead in horrendous weather conditions. The easiest way for the Giants to get back into the game would have been by getting a cheap score on a turnover. At that point, your offense should be avoiding the big negative play. Making the Giants drive the length of the field 3 times, in those conditions, for TDs was the way to go. You'd have a point if it were a lead of less than 10 points, but not with that big a lead. The weather was an extra defender out there, use it so it works for you, not against you.

Of course, you know you're right and you're not a troll :rolleyes:. Rule of thumb, if you have to explicitly state that you're not a troll, then you probably are. It becomes almost a certainty when you start a thread for discussion but then state that discussion is pointless because you know you're right because, well, you just are.

Want PROOF?

In the first 32 minutes of this game, we scored 22 points (could have been more).

In the final 28 minutes of this game we scored ZERO (sound familiar?).

'Nuff said. I'm happy for the win, but we have to thank the Giants more than we have to thank Gibbs.

P.S., I know I'll get flamed for this, so go ahead. I don't care cause I know I'm right.

You are right we did get some GOOD LUCK FOR A CHANGE but we also OUTPLAYED THE giants ON THEIR OWN FIELD. Lousy conditions that both teams had to play in but we wanted it more. Sets up a BIG game next week and that is all you can ask for as a fan. Landry can hit.

Archived