Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd

HateNMyEyez

I don't think we can afford to cut him.

Of course, he absolutely deserves to be cut and if there is any chance we could cut him, we should; but I don't think we can.

We are stuck with him and his contract. We are already way over the salary cap, and Taylor's death is going to accelerate his bonus and put us even further above the cap.

We probably can get down to the cap and still field a team, but we won't be able to do it after taking a massive cap hit for cutting Lloyd.

We will cut make him a June 1st cut, although he will probably be released before that. It will save us ~$2.5M next year and leave ~$1.833M in dead cap this year. ~$7.167M in dead cap for 2009. Unfortunately, we won't have that money available for FA's this year., but it will give us flexibilty during the year to add for injuries.

We will cut make him a June 1st cut' date=' although he will probably be released before that. It will save us ~$4.5M next year and leave ~$2M in dead cap this year. ~$2.5M in dead cap for 2009. Unfortunately, we won't have that money available for FA's this year., but it will give us flexibilty during the year to add for injuries.[/quote']

Won't they need to cut him before 6/1 to avoid the roster bonus?

He will be traded . Someone will want him , someone will know how to use him properly.

His attitude will stay the same , but he will be getting TD's

Sad to say , but I think you all know its true.

He will probably play for someone just like Arch, oh wait he's benched. :laugh:

For the record, that's what I think the FO will do. NOT what I would do. I'd keep him around for another year, THENdo what I discussed NEXT offseason. The reason I would do this is the dead cap:base salary ratio. Next season we would only be paying him a total of $2.4M(including a $1.8M RB), while if we cut him, we would be creating a total of almost $9M in dead cap. While I understand he has been unproductive and brings nothing to the locker room, this is more a financial decision than a team chemistry one.

We should keep Lloyd and move him to the OL next year. Maybe center. Then run him in the rotation all training camp and let the DL just beat the **** of him every day until he finally lands on IR.

That way we don't take a hit for cutting him, but we don't have to worry about his sorry *** in the WR rotation, taking plays away from the real WR's. :applause:

We should keep Lloyd and move him to the OL next year. Maybe center. Then run him in the rotation all training camp and let the DL just beat the **** of him every day until he finally lands on IR.

That way we don't take a hit for cutting him, but we don't have to worry about his sorry *** in the WR rotation, taking plays away from the real WR's. :applause:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhaha I'm at work in an office today where there are cubes and I just laughed so ****ing loud. YOU DICK!

LOLOLOLOL~~

:laugh: :laugh:

There won't be a massive cap hit for Lloyd. There is a roster bonus which we won't pay out. His signing bonus was spread out across the contract. In the end, it will be a decent sized amount of dead cap, but not that much more that having him on the team. Plus, we won't have to pay him in the backloaded years when his base salary is more than the $1M of so it is now.

There won't be a massive cap hit for Lloyd. There is a roster bonus which we won't pay out. His signing bonus was spread out across the contract. In the end, it will be a decent sized amount of dead cap, but not that much more that having him on the team. Plus, we won't have to pay him in the backloaded years when his base salary is more than the $1M of so it is now.

As soon as we cut him, the remaining years of his prorated signing bonus are immediately accelerated into that year. So, yes, there certainly will be a massive cap hit....now whether we eat it all this year or next just depends on when he is officially released.

Also, a good link for salary cap info for the team: http://www.skinsfans.com/pcinoz/Salaries%20Pages%20Summary.html

For Brandon Lloyd: http://www.skinsfans.com/pcinoz/Cut_Trade_Savings.htm

Numbers all in $Millions

08 Cap Hit (current)

08 Cap Hit (if cut before June 1)

08 Savings (if cut before June 1)

-2.929 [Note: Negative value means we lose cap space]

08 Cap Hit (if cut after June 1)

08 Savings (if cut after June 1)

09 Cap Hit (current)

09 Cap Hit (if cut after June 1)

09 Savings (if cut after June 1)

-2.482 [Note: Negative value means we lose cap space]

Also, a good link for salary cap info for the team: http://www.skinsfans.com/pcinoz/Salaries%20Pages%20Summary.html

For Brandon Lloyd: http://www.skinsfans.com/pcinoz/Cut_Trade_Savings.htm

Numbers all in $Millions

08 Cap Hit (current)

08 Cap Hit (if cut before June 1)

08 Savings (if cut before June 1)

08 Cap Hit (if cut after June 1)

08 Savings (if cut after June 1)

09 Cap Hit (current)

09 Cap Hit (if cut after June 1)

09 Savings (if cut after June 1)

Yeah, Its kind of like pay us now or pay us later. Not an enviable situation. In this case I'd rather try my best to take the brunt now. than later :/

Archived