Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was it me or was Smoot pretty good on Sunday?

corrupt3d

oh man, finally a positive thread - i was worried about this!

;)

lol, yeah there is a lot of negativity on here. Its one thing to be upset about a loss, but when that that gets blurred with the death of sean taylor, some people are saying some pretty ridiculous things on here!

Maybe the skins could use a boat ride courtesy of Mr. Smoot! haha...like in Minnesota.

I didn't see you playing, so I'll have to go with Smoot.

Seriously though, I really appreciated the sense of purpose and effort I got watching him.

Its cause I was soooooo fast, but I was going so fast, I ran through people instead of making tackles...

...wait...grammer lesson?

"Was it me or did Smoot pretty good on Sunday?" = "Did Smoot play well on Sunday, or was I imagining things"

:D;)

Think back and name me one play this season where Smoot was legitimately burned, especially anything other than a little short route. He's consistent in run support and has been absolutely spectacular in coverage. For most of the season, teams have chosen not to attack our CBs. Before Sean was injured, they attacked the short routes over the middle and since they've targeted our safeties. I'd say Springs and Smoot are and have (along with Rogers earlier) playing as well as any CB tandem all season long.

Smoot was not playing well early on in the year but the past few weeks(sunday especially) he has been pretty solid. If Rogers full recovers next year(and plays the way he did before he got hurt this year), we can have a great CB tandem for years to come.

Freddy had a very good game, solid tackling in run support, and can't forget his big play to break up a sure touchdown catch by Josh Reed. Lot of Smoooooooooooooooooot chants on Sunday. You could see he especially took the loss hard, with his face in his hands on the bench after the game.

Yes the CB played well and with Springs leaving the game before halftime. I would like to give props to Torrence and Eubanks as i noticed they where still throwing mostly to Smoots side which allowed him to break up a lot of passes.

I was fairly worried when Springs got hurt as i thought they would just attack other side of the field for rest the game but young guys most played fairly well.

Archived