Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THIS is who the Redskins play for...

hogmagnus

I understand where you're coming from but I don't want to dedicate the rest of this season to anyone if we're going to continue to find ways to lose in heartbreaking fashion. It would be an insult to Sean's memory.

Perhaps this team needs to go out, have fun, hit people, throw caution to the wind offensively and gamble a little bit defensively. I don't think any of us will complain as much if we lose playing like that and it might even make Sean smile from above.

Are you kidding? Have you read some of the threads and posts on this board. Of course there will be people upset if we went out and played that way. Hell, there are posters on this board who want everyone fired after a win. That should tell you something.

As to the OP, good thread. I only hope that those who really need to read this thread/see those pictures/ open this thread up.

As touching as this thread may be, they are not really playing for those people pictured. Those people lost more than a football player. Those people really don't care if the Redskins win another game.

The Redskins do play for us, they do play for the fans who go to the games, they do play for their jobs.

If you are saddened that they lost a temamate and friend, feel free to let them know that. If you are angry by the job they are doing, feel free to let them know that as well.

I understand where you're coming from but I don't want to dedicate the rest of this season to anyone if we're going to continue to find ways to lose in heartbreaking fashion. It would be an insult to Sean's memory.

Perhaps this team needs to go out, have fun, hit people, throw caution to the wind offensively and gamble a little bit defensively. I don't think any of us will complain as much if we lose playing like that and it might even make Sean smile from above.

Best post of the thread. They need to look inside themselves first before playing for anyone else. Obviously playing for a fallen teammate didn't work too well on Sunday.

These last few games carry the same significance as the ones prior to his death. They will not try win because that is what Sean would have wanted, they will try to win because that is what they are supposed to do. For that reason and that reason alone is why they in fact DO owe us a victory.

These last few games carry the same significance as the ones prior to his death. They will not try win because that is what Sean would have wanted, they will try to win because that is what they are supposed to do. For that reason and that reason alone is why they in fact DO owe us a victory.

As much as I hate to say this, we as a fanbase need to grow up and realize that the NFL is a business and they don't play for us anymore. That stopped a while ago.

If players stuck with a team for their entire career it would be a different story, maybe.

If we were still in RFK it would be a different story, maybe.

The sad truth is, and generally always has been, that a large portion of the players have actual contempt for fans because we've never been in their shoes and demand perfection anyways.

I don't like this anymore than anyone else, but I also don't give myself the false pretense that they're playing for me anymore.

That's not to say they don't appreciate fans, but they play for themselves, whether as individuals or a team. They play for their coaches when they like the man. They play for pride and their family. They play for greatness.

As much as I hate to say this, we as a fanbase need to grow up and realize that the NFL is a business and they don't play for us anymore. That stopped a while ago.

They should play to win, period. And if they do that successfully, the fans will be happy.

It's really that simple.

Archived