Him.

711-funeralmascot.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Him.

613-78132316DB008_SEAN_TAYLOR_F.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Her.

76-Carolina04_funeral_dade_cpj.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Them.

5-GIRL00_FUNERAL_DADE_CPJ.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Enough of what we want. What about them? The mother, daughter, father, friend, little girl, little boy......

The ones who looked up to Sean. Who depended on Sean.

Who loved Sean.

Stop the petty infighting.

We are Redskins Nation.

Let's act like it.

Let's dedicate this season to Sean & his family, and do honor to his memory.

I understand where you're coming from but I don't want to dedicate the rest of this season to anyone if we're going to continue to find ways to lose in heartbreaking fashion. It would be an insult to Sean's memory.

Perhaps this team needs to go out, have fun, hit people, throw caution to the wind offensively and gamble a little bit defensively. I don't think any of us will complain as much if we lose playing like that and it might even make Sean smile from above.

Awesome...

...you should've seen Baby Jackie tho...she has more energy in one pinky...She spent 95% of the funeral running around...at one point she ran up to the casket, pointed at it and would say something to her mom. We couldn't hear what it was, but Jackie just doubled over in tears for a good while. I can't get the image out of my head.

Awesome...

...you should've seen Baby Jackie tho...she has more energy in one pinky...She spent 95% of the funeral running around...at one point she ran up to the casket, pointed at it and would say something to her mom. We couldn't hear what it was, but Jackie just doubled over in tears for a good while. I can't get the image out of my head.

I watched.....at the same time MY 2 yr old daughter was running around the room.

I can't imagine Jackie's pain. I can only imagine what mine would be....

I understand where you're coming from but I don't want to dedicate the rest of this season to anyone if we're going to continue to find ways to lose in heartbreaking fashion. It would be an insult to Sean's memory.

I am not saying this to disparage you, Jimbo. But I just don't see how a football team can become an insult to his memory.

Every story told over the last week has been about how he loved football and loved his teammates, friends and family.

A story book ending would be nice, but it doesn't change what just happened.

Watching CP today, I thought about how he played yesterday. I thought about how Monday is the worst day of the week for these guys. How hard it is for them to just get out of bed in the morning. And, these guys got on a plane early this morning to go and memorialize a teammate.

I have no bitterness for the way they played yesterday. I have nothing but pride in the way this team has stick-en together even before ST's untimely death. We may not have the best players in the league, but I'll be damned if you could find a group of guys with more character in the NFL.

Perhaps this team needs to go out, have fun, hit people, throw caution to the wind offensively and gamble a little bit defensively. I don't think any of us will complain as much if we lose playing like that and it might even make Sean smile from above.

I am moved by the original thread as well but I also agree with this sentiment. I really am so in shock about Sean's death. I am also in shock that this team that I was convinced would play inspired for their fallen teamate collapsed the way they did yesterday. I don't know. Maybe I am projecting or being unrealistic about how hard it must be to play yesterday but I drove 4 hours in the rain and sleet both ways just to be there. I just can't believe they came out and played like crap yesterday. I wouldn't have cared if they lost every game after that because they were emotionally spent. I just cannot possibly justify such a bad, non-focused, poorly played game against a weak foe that was constantly begging to be put away after talking all week about winning for Sean. At home. Against the Bills. With that ridiculous penalty. Uggggghhh. It just sickening. I'm walking out of the stadium in the pouring freezing rain before getting back to my truck for the 4 hour ride home and I hear Bills fans cheering, I look over to the Sean Taylor sign in the east endzone and I hear the chant of Redskins Nation "Joe Must Go, Joe Muso Go". I wanted to fall down right there and just cry. I can't recall a darker moment as a fan.

I am moved by the original thread as well but I also agree with this sentiment. I really am so in shock about Sean's death. I am also in shock that this team that I was convinced would play inspired for their fallen teamate collapsed the way they did yesterday. I don't know. Maybe I am projecting or being unrealistic about how hard it must be to play yesterday but I drove 4 hours in the rain and sleet both ways just to be there. I just can't believe they came out and played like crap yesterday. I wouldn't have cared if they lost every game after that because they were emotionally spent. I just cannot possibly justify such a bad, non-focused, poorly played game against a weak foe that was constantly begging to be put away after talking all week about winning for Sean. At home. Against the Bills. With that ridiculous penalty. Uggggghhh. It just sickening. I'm walking out of the stadium in the pouring freezing rain before getting back to my truck for the 4 hour ride home and I hear Bills fans cheering, I look over to the Sean Taylor sign in the east endzone and I hear the chant of Redskins Nation "Joe Must Go, Joe Muso Go". I wanted to fall down right there and just cry. I can't recall a darker moment as a fan.

Just step back and imagine how dark that was for this team.

I'm walking out of the stadium in the pouring freezing rain before getting back to my truck for the 4 hour ride home and I hear Bills fans cheering, I look over to the Sean Taylor sign in the east endzone and I hear the chant of Redskins Nation "Joe Must Go, Joe Muso Go". I wanted to fall down right there and just cry. I can't recall a darker moment as a fan.

In your darkest moments, do you succumb to the darkness?

Or do you fight your way out??

That wasn't Redskins Nation chanting "Joe Must Go".

Trust me.

THAT was the darkness chanting.

I've been saying that all season Jimbo. I'd rather lose hitting them in the mouth and being outplayed by a better team than win playing this pitty pat tentative gameplan designed to be conservative with low risk low reward. Turn these guys loose, letem go out do what they know how to do. Forget the schemes, forget trying to out smart the opponent just play smash mouth in your face whistle to whistle, play your guts out football. That's what the team needs and it's definitely what the fans need.

Honestly, who would be pissed if we lost a close game but we hitem hard in the mouth for 60 minutes? I know I wouldn't, that's the way to honor Sean. Let the team play the way he did. :2cents: God bless Sean, God bless the Redskins!

Somebody give this man a hug **** it we all need one! I was like that to sitting in my seat with my head burried in my hands. Unbelievable, just maybe after seeing sean one last time they will overcome all odds and win the rest of there games. Nice thread by the way brother your right that's who they should play for and pray 4.

Somebody give this man a hug **** it we all need one! I was like that to sitting in my seat with my head burried in my hands. Unbelievable, just maybe after seeing sean one last time they will overcome all odds and win the rest of there games. Nice thread by the way brother your right that's who they should play for and pray 4.

You are so right! and by the way, this thread has brought tears to my eyes again today. The pictures got to me!!

Awesome...

:(

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Archived