Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THIS is who the Redskins play for...

hogmagnus

Not too much infighting I think -- even those that are frustrated I think a lot of that has to do that the Skins didn't win one for Sean last Sunday but screwed up in the same fashion as they have been doing all season.

Some of the players though did play inspired, and it inspired me. I think most of us can care less about winning for any other reason besides Sean. Hopefully they can do it for him this Thursday.

Enough of what we want. What about them? The mother, daughter, father, friend, little girl, little boy......

The ones who looked up to Sean. Who depended on Sean.

Who loved Sean.

Stop the petty infighting.

We are Redskins Nation.

Let's act like it.

Let's dedicate this season to Sean & his family, and do honor to his memory.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Great point! Now go tell the coaches.

Thank you for making this thread. Ultimately, I think what we as fans could do well to remember at times is that all we have the right to ask for is that our guys, from coaches to players, give it a full effort and play hard. What more can you truly expect? Mistakes will be made, they're human too. I'd be mad if I thought this team tended to quit or didn't prepare well enough but, as long as Gibbs has been back, I've never thought that was the case.

For members of our fanbase to be calling for Gibbs' job on Sunday was disgraceful and that's coming from someone who's given his fair share of criticism to Gibbs this year. You have no idea what the team is going through right now and how difficult it is. None. Remember Sean, support our guys and let the rest work itself out. They'll play hard for us, I can guarantee that and that is truly all you can ask.

Not you. Not me.

Her.

990-SLEEP00_FUNERAL_DADE_CPJ.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Him.

711-funeralmascot.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Him.

613-78132316DB008_SEAN_TAYLOR_F.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Her.

76-Carolina04_funeral_dade_cpj.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Them.

5-GIRL00_FUNERAL_DADE_CPJ.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Enough of what we want. What about them? The mother, daughter, father, friend, little girl, little boy......

The ones who looked up to Sean. Who depended on Sean.

Who loved Sean.

Stop the petty infighting.

We are Redskins Nation.

Let's act like it.

Let's dedicate this season to Sean & his family, and do honor to his memory.

This Thread is so touching:applause: :applause: :applause:

Awesome...

...you should've seen Baby Jackie tho...she has more energy in one pinky...She spent 95% of the funeral running around...at one point she ran up to the casket, pointed at it and would say something to her mom. We couldn't hear what it was, but Jackie just doubled over in tears for a good while. I can't get the image out of my head.

Oh man ... I realize the pain is still inside of me ...

We miss you Sean ...

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand where you're coming from but I don't want to dedicate the rest of this season to anyone if we're going to continue to find ways to lose in heartbreaking fashion. It would be an insult to Sean's memory.

Perhaps this team needs to go out, have fun, hit people, throw caution to the wind offensively and gamble a little bit defensively. I don't think any of us will complain as much if we lose playing like that and it might even make Sean smile from above.

:applause: :cheers: Exactly! Jimbo you said it, I could'nt agree more.

I understand where you're coming from but I don't want to dedicate the rest of this season to anyone if we're going to continue to find ways to lose in heartbreaking fashion. It would be an insult to Sean's memory.

Perhaps this team needs to go out, have fun, hit people, throw caution to the wind offensively and gamble a little bit defensively. I don't think any of us will complain as much if we lose playing like that and it might even make Sean smile from above.

We need to dedicate next season to him when we are healthy and capable of playing at a level that would make him proud.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :point2sky i guess this is when we find out who the true fans are. I have never been more prouder of this organization and its players. They have really handled these tragic days with nothing but class. I was at sundays game and left sad that they couldnt get the win for sean but in no way was i disappointed. What I wanted to see were emotional players playing their hearts out for a fallen teamate and THATS WHAT I SAW!

The fact that those guys went out there and played and did their best under such circumstances demonstrated who they really played for. They're in those pics. Sean would have been,(and probably is), proud of his friends and teammates for going out there and trying their best despite how hurt they must have been.

Agreed, i hate the way we play football some times. We play with to much caution, its nuts. We need to go out there, and knock some heads around.

Honestly, I saw a team and coaching staff Sunday who totally ran out of energy. They could not maintain that emotional burst throughout the game. I believe that they were just drained by everything that has happened during this season, and the death of ST was the final straw. I actually believe what I heard that JG said about the timeout issue in that he asked if he could call another timeout, was told yes, and was still so drained that he did it.

I can see this happening again Thursday unless someone stood up today, or will stand up tomorrow to take control of the Skins. I am not sure that there is anyone right now, with the possible exception of Randy Thomas, who will have that type of personality and energy to do that.

I am moved by the original thread as well but I also agree with this sentiment. I really am so in shock about Sean's death. I am also in shock that this team that I was convinced would play inspired for their fallen teamate collapsed the way they did yesterday. I don't know. Maybe I am projecting or being unrealistic about how hard it must be to play yesterday but I drove 4 hours in the rain and sleet both ways just to be there. I just can't believe they came out and played like crap yesterday. I wouldn't have cared if they lost every game after that because they were emotionally spent. I just cannot possibly justify such a bad, non-focused, poorly played game against a weak foe that was constantly begging to be put away after talking all week about winning for Sean. At home. Against the Bills. With that ridiculous penalty. Uggggghhh. It just sickening. I'm walking out of the stadium in the pouring freezing rain before getting back to my truck for the 4 hour ride home and I hear Bills fans cheering, I look over to the Sean Taylor sign in the east endzone and I hear the chant of Redskins Nation "Joe Must Go, Joe Muso Go". I wanted to fall down right there and just cry. I can't recall a darker moment as a fan.

Honestly, I saw a team and coaching staff Sunday who totally ran out of energy. They could not maintain that emotional burst throughout the game. I believe that they were just drained by everything that has happened during this season, and the death of ST was the final straw. I actually believe what I heard that JG said about the timeout issue in that he asked if he could call another timeout, was told yes, and was still so drained that he did it.

I can see this happening again Thursday unless someone stood up today, or will stand up tomorrow to take control of the Skins. I am not sure that there is anyone right now, with the possible exception of Randy Thomas, who will have that type of personality and energy to do that.

I know the lynch mob here will disagree with me, but I really don't fault JG for calling the second timeout. It had been an awful, draining week. Crap happens. I felt really bad for him, but I really don't fault him, and with SOME changes, I really hope he comes back next year!

Great thread. That picture of Jackie gets me every time.

This is just a game, IMO. Some people see it that way too, others- not so much. Of course I wanted them to win one for Sean, and we fell short. So be it.

It will be a while before I care about another football game the way I used to. However, I'm kissing my wife and kids much more often now. I don't think that's a bad tradeoff. The Skins will be successful again, someday.

Archived