Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

who would you hire as coach? (merged)

CommishDC

Hopefully that will not happen!! We need young offensive mind, not a lineman who more want to run first. This is a throw first league now. I'm Pretty sick of watching this run up the middle for 2 yard gains!

JASON GARRETT

Ok, welcome to Washington. Air Coryell is the name of the game here. We just haven't been able to execute it recently due to our inability to get all the puzzle pieces we need on offense.

YOU NEED THIS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by campbell101

For all you experts who have analyzed Jason Garrett and decided that he should be the next head coach....consider this. Norv Turner had an all pro QB and an all pro wide receiver and an all pro tight end...not to mention a dominating pass rush and defense.

Norv Turner was and is a dud...because he does not have Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Jay Novechk, and a great defense to stop people and get the ball back immediately.

Fast forward to 2007 and Garrett has an all pro QB, an all pro Wide receiver, and an all pro tight end not to mention a dominating defense that loves to sacks the QB, intercept, and knock the ball out of the QB's hands.

Unless Garrett can bring Tony Romo sits to pee, T.O. and his tight end with him, then he is just another offensive coordinator riding the coat tails of an all pro QB.

When the Redskins get a pro bowl caliber QB, one that can throw accurately, read NFL defenses, and can stay calm in the face of a blitz, then whoever is the offense coordinator will suddenly become the next great candidate for a head coaching position.

My thoughts exactly. I was hoping Gruden would have a losing season and perhaps would be on the bubble in Tampa Bay. Gruden would be my first choice as the next HC of the Redskins.

Teams which may have HC positions available this year: Eagles, Lions, Vikings, Panthers, Falcons, 49ers, Rams, and Jets. Next year: add Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, and Ravens to the list.

What would possess a Cowher or a Garrett to take the Skins job? Its an aging team with a win-now-or-leave mentality. Cowher has a TV gig. It pays more than he can spend, lets him keep his hat in the ring for a HC job, and involves no pressure.

Garrett will get whatever money is necessary to keep him in Dallas. The only issue is whether he will want the HC job now rather than later. I'm pretty sure that he'd rather be OC/AHC on a Super Bowl contender than HC of a team that needs to be blown up. As long as he's successful in Dallas, his stock will keep rising, so why would he leave?

I suggest hiring a GM and start rebuilding the team.

The amount of money that Snyder is willing to pay for a HC, anyone and everyone would accept the job. For $5M per season, they really don't care whether they win or lose. It'll be their retrirement project. Bill Cowher can come in for 3 seasons, make $15M, go 17-31 over 3 seasons and retire.

I'd like to see one of the following:

Al Saunders -- He knows today's NFL offenses and will take the handcuffs off Jason.

Russ Grimm -- Played during the Redskins glory days, has proven himself to be an up-and-coming coaching talent and would work hard to restore glory back to this franchise.

Mike Singletary -- Has a GREAT command of defenses, anchored the Bears D during Chicago's glory days and is another up-and-coming coaching talent.

Gibbs.

The ref should have known better yesterday (maybe the same can be said for Gibbs, yes), but you can't blame the injuries, dropped passes, and turnovers on Gibbs. Let him finish out his contract.

Hobbie, it's not just yesterday's fiasco. It's been four years and we're no closer to being a Super Bowl contender than we were when he decided to come back. We're 10-18 since that 2005 playoff run. I just don't have the confidence in him anymore that he'll lead us to victory, and I bet a LOT of players feel the same way. He needs to step down now and not tarnish his legacy any further.

I'd like to see one of the following:

Al Saunders -- He knows today's NFL offenses and will take the handcuffs off Jason.

Isn't he the guy calling plays now? 60/40 pass ratio the past 4 weeks all losses.The handcuffs are off and we are still losing. We need new blood. Williams has already failed as head coach and now is starting to suck as D cord.

Ron Rivera, former Bears defensive coordinator (probably a reason why the Bears D is not as good this year with the same players), he is now the 49ers LB coach. Mike SIngletary may also be good. Maybe if Gregg WIlliamsb ecomes head coach, he'll get one of those two guys.

I'm not sure who some of the better coordinators are around the league, but I'd want one of them. I don't mind Gregg, but I don't think he'll do as well, his record in Buffalo shows, top 5 or top 10 defenses eveyr year, and mediocre records. I also don't want any college people, unless they are a low profile guy in college. I really don't think Norm Chow has done much to help the Titans offense. Once a college coahc, always a college coach.

If Gregg stays, I see him promoting Jerry Gray to defensive coordinator, and that could work pretty well. Blache has done well with a weak talent defensive line, and Olivadotti seems to be doing well with the LB's. In a few years, maybe he can take a more prominent role.

Isn't he the guy calling plays now? 60/40 pass ratio the past 4 weeks all losses.The handcuffs are off and we are still losing. We need new blood. Williams has already failed as head coach and now is starting to suck as D cord.

We didn't use the no-huddle, which had success in Dallas, yesterday. We tend to get conservative at the wrong times. Saunders may be calling the plays, but Gibbs tends to influence that play-calling and said himself that "we don't like to throw it around like that." With Gibbs not in the mix, Saunders would be free to mix things up more. I think with Gibbs involved, we haven't seen what Saunders REALLY can do with the offense.

We didn't use the no-huddle, which had success in Dallas, yesterday. We tend to get conservative at the wrong times. Saunders may be calling the plays, but Gibbs tends to influence that play-calling and said himself that "we don't like to throw it around like that." With Gibbs not in the mix, Saunders would be free to mix things up more. I think with Gibbs involved, we haven't seen what Saunders REALLY can do with the offense.

I guess your right, but if Joe does retire,they need a young coach and a new system and staff. Someone that will stick around for 10 years.Theres a whole lot of up and coming cordinators out there to choose from.

cowher will not let an offense throw the ball enough. It doesn't matter if we dont have a GM. This Vinny shmuck needs to leave. We need some sound decision making on draft day and a coach who is progressive. And Garret is still too wet behind the ears to be an HC. Al saunders has the offensive scheme we just need someone to let him use it cause they have plenty of weapons here.

Bill Cowher.

1. Knows how to run the ball in today's NFL.

2. Has won a superbowl this millenium

3. Did it with a young, strong armed QB.

4. Knows how to use Randle El

5. Always seems to have his players prepared and motivated and coaches with KILLER INSTINCT.

6. Could likely bring Pitt. guard Alan Faneca, who is unhappy with the Steelers, to Washington to replace Kendall. Along with Samuels, Rabach, Thomas and Jansen, we'd have a hell of a line.

Bill Cowher aint he the same Coach who lost 4 AFC Championship Games at Home

To the Chargers , Broncos, and the Pats Twices?

Im JUST SAYING:2cents:

Yes, that would be the same coach. The one who took 14 years to get a Super Bowl ring. The one who barely won that last Super Bowl even though he tried to have Bettis fumble it away on the goal line in the AFC Championship game. The one who got that ring in what was described as the worst officiated Super Bowl in recent memory. The one who subsequently returned his team to mediocrity the following season before retiring.

But yeah, he'd be an awesome choice to replace Gibbs. It'd be like Gibbs never left except we'd have a coach with fewer championships and a more stubborn gameplan when it comes to running. It's not like coaches don't always come back as good or better than they were before retiring. Cowher would be a GREAT pick for HC here. :doh:

Archived