Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

who would you hire as coach? (merged)

CommishDC

I'd like to add my vote for Jason Garrett. The guy is an offensive genius. He has made Tony Romo sits to pee. Without Garrett Romo sits to pee is nothing. Romo sits to pee can't hit a receiver in coverage, fortunately, with Garrett's offense, everybody is always wide open.

:laugh:

Anyways, from what I hear, Garrett has always been a coach. Even when he was a player, he was basically a coach wearing a uniform. I'm not sure how he is at inspiring players, but from an Xs and Os standpoint, I can't imagine anyone better at this point in time.

It amazes me that every single game, we come out and exploit a weakness in the other teams defense. We do it over and over and over. Some coaches get cute and try to "mix it up" even when something is working. Not Garrett. He literally hits the other team with it again and again to make them stop it.

He's really something and as a bonus, he's very young.

However, I hope Jerry gives him a deal similar to what Snyder gave GW. Basically pay him like a head coach and all but guarantee him the job when the current head coach steps down.

I think Grimm would be good because we would maintain our physical mentality, but I'm not sure. Until we get a top notch GM who can run a team properly the coach won't matter honestly. If you look at all the consistently good franchises in the league, they all have great GMs.

I like Cowher. You know his teams will play hard every Sunday.

I like Cowher but will he be any better? I don;t think so. I don't think it will matter just as long as they don't have a Real GM what is the point?

This is so damn depressing every year finishing in last place. We have become the Cardinals of the NFC East yesteryear. SO VERY VERY SAD! :(

not trying to pick on you JMU, but everyone who thinks Joe should be back how how how can you think this. He sucks sucks sucks.......if i knew where he lived i would egg his house.

god i hate this man with so much passion. FU Gibbs.

im out.............time for HW.

PLEASE tell me your kidding? That is just nonsense. Sure we have been giving games away over the last few years but this team is better than what we had in the years leading up to Joe's arrival. I also think Joe needs to step down but damn buddy your a Redskins fan go easy on Coach Gibbs he did do things for this franchise that NOBODY has ever done before. Please give him a break and ease up a little.

give Gibbs his final year next year. be patient people. We suck right now, I know...but look at the eagles, they've NEVER won a super bowl!! we got one 15 years ago, it really hasnt been all that long. Only 10 teams have won the super bowl since we did last time with Joe. Let him finish out his stay.

I actually feel the same as you. I would rather Coach Gibbs finish out his time. But it would not suprise me at all if he steps down and that would be alright too. I could actually see us jumping up next season and suprising people. Would be great if we won 10-11 games next year in Gibb's last year.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned, by name, Pats "Boy Wonder" OC Josh McDaniels. After the success their offense has had the past two years, I'm sure his name will be tossed around after the season.

Should Gibbs decide to retire, and that's the ONLY way he won't stick around for the final year of his contract, Bill Cowher is a guy who could be the no-nonsense, NFC East-type coach the team seems to need.

This team is loaded with talent but seems to lack discipline on the field. I can't see a first time head coach being able to take command and get things going in the right direction immediately. The Williams-Saunders tandem would provide continuity but would it be enough of an improvement?

First off we need to get rid of this hack Vinny. We need an honest to god GM, someone who can make sound decisions on draft day and can go out and find us some talent. Next we need to have a coach who will let Al Saunders run is offense. Pounding the ball like Gibbs wants to every week isn't going to win Super Bowls. All of the teams that are winning this year chuck the ball around the field i.e. Green Bay, Dallas, Indy, Pats....its not rocket science.

First off we need to get rid of this hack Vinny. We need an honest to god GM, someone who can make sound decisions on draft day and can go out and find us some talent. Next we need to have a coach who will let Al Saunders run is offense. Pounding the ball like Gibbs wants to every week isn't going to win Super Bowls. All of the teams that are winning this year chuck the ball around the field i.e. Green Bay, Dallas, Indy, Pats....its not rocket science.

Are you sure its not rocket science??? I was thinking that it must be and we just don't have any scientists, that would seem like a good excuse to me. BTW I'm leaning towards Cowher.

You have to include Jason Garrett in this conversation. Grimm is an obvious consideration as well. The bigger concern for whomever we (hopefully soon) bring in, is "why work for a tyrant like Snyder?" he meddles more and messes up things on an Al Davis level. It can't be fun working for that elf...

For all you experts who have analyzed Jason Garrett and decided that he should be the next head coach....consider this. Norv Turner had an all pro QB and an all pro wide receiver and an all pro tight end...not to mention a dominating pass rush and defense.

Norv Turner was and is a dud...because he does not have Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Jay Novechk, and a great defense to stop people and get the ball back immediately.

Fast forward to 2007 and Garrett has an all pro QB, an all pro Wide receiver, and an all pro tight end not to mention a dominating defense that loves to sacks the QB, intercept, and knock the ball out of the QB's hands.

Unless Garrett can bring Tony Romo sits to pee, T.O. and his tight end with him, then he is just another offensive coordinator riding the coat tails of an all pro QB.

When the Redskins get a pro bowl caliber QB, one that can throw accurately, read NFL defenses, and can stay calm in the face of a blitz, then whoever is the offense coordinator will suddenly become the next great candidate for a head coaching position.

Yup or Urban Meyer.

Cowher is a Gibbs clone. Run the ball, play good D. I'll pass.

cowher gibbs clone?

hes the anti gibbs

he will yell at you and make sure u play hard.

theirs no losing or excuses with cowher he would yell at you and make fun of you in the post game conferences.

no more we fought out guts out.

jason garrett

Yes, Please!

And add a GM.

I say Gregg Williams for HC...

Al Saunders as OC...

Jerry Gray as DC...

Allow both co-ordinaters to bring in their own coaches(get rid of all the old Gibbs coaches)...

Hire a GM...

This is a more probable solution. Maintains continuity if nothing else.

Gibbs for GM?

:logo:

For all you experts who have analyzed Jason Garrett and decided that he should be the next head coach....consider this. Norv Turner had an all pro QB and an all pro wide receiver and an all pro tight end...not to mention a dominating pass rush and defense.

Norv Turner was and is a dud...because he does not have Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, Jay Novechk, and a great defense to stop people and get the ball back immediately.

Fast forward to 2007 and Garrett has an all pro QB, an all pro Wide receiver, and an all pro tight end not to mention a dominating defense that loves to sacks the QB, intercept, and knock the ball out of the QB's hands.

Unless Garrett can bring Tony Romo sits to pee, T.O. and his tight end with him, then he is just another offensive coordinator riding the coat tails of an all pro QB.

When the Redskins get a pro bowl caliber QB, one that can throw accurately, read NFL defenses, and can stay calm in the face of a blitz, then whoever is the offense coordinator will suddenly become the next great candidate for a head coaching position.

Yup or Urban Meyer.

Cowher is a Gibbs clone. Run the ball, play good D. I'll pass.

ironic how ur username is campbell101:laugh:

Most of you answering with Jason Garrett are seeing the light.

Garrett or Williams are my choices personally.

No Grimm or Cowher.

YOU NEED THIS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by campbell101

Archived