Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

who would you hire as coach? (merged)

CommishDC

We made the playoffs on Gibbs coaching - he then moved away from it after listening to everyone say his offense stinks. Well we have way to many coaches now - I want to see the number pared back and Gibbs to have one last chance in 08.

In 09 who knows it all depends on 08.

Tom

I agree with what youre saying here. Lets give Gibbs another shot here in 08. This season has been wild enough with all the injuries we've had on both sides of the ball, and of course the tragedy with Sean.

I say we get a new strength and conditioning coach!

Imagine if we had our offensive line healthy, our secondary healthy, our wr's healthy. This team in my mind would be completely different. The problem is they never can play together at the same time while being healthy. I know some of you will say, " well all teams go through injuries every year"...but you have to admit we have had far more injuries than any other team.

After the game i also began to think that Joe has lost it with the team, but then again you have to remember he is also going through tough times as well even as a coach with Seans death. Everybody makes mistakes. I say give Gibbs another shot.

The Steelers stuck behind Cowher year after year, regardless of whether he had a great season or a bad season. They knew he was a good coach, and they knew he would get them their championship. It took 15 years, but he did. Meanwhile, Gibbs has had 4 years since he's been back, and everyone is anxious to get rid of him. He's a good coach, he's setting the Redskins up to have continuity, and before all is said and done, Gibbs will get this team a shot at the championship. He's Joe Gibbs, and he's never not been successful in any venture he has undertaken. Let's take a page from the Steelers and stick behind our coach.

jason garrett

Although we've been down this road before with Norv Turner... I think Garrett is a terrific young coach. That Dallas offense is awesome, although Romo sits to pee has a lot to do with that.

He probably wouldn't come here though. Snyder is apparently a coach killer. Heck, he's even done away with the great Gibbs. :doh:

I love Russ Grimm - but, he would not be my first choice...

My choices would be:

1/ Jason Garrett ... Just look at how potent the Dallas offense has become under his leadership.

2/ Charlie Wiess

3/ Ralph Friedgen - Yes! The University of Maryland coach is an offensive guru. Take a look at what he has done with no name offensive players. Taken them to a number of bowl games and won!

4/ Urban Myer

5/ The offensive coordinators from the NE Patriots, or the Colts

Hopefully that will not happen!! We need young offensive mind, not a lineman who more want to run first. This is a throw first league now. I'm Pretty sick of watching this run up the middle for 2 yard gains!

JASON GARRETT

I hate to say it, but I like J. Garrett as well.

Bill Cowher

Mike Martz

Garrett

Grimm

Singletary

take your pick i honestly like Singletary that guy is a great teacher i loved watching him at the senior bowl practices..

I really hope we don't waste a few years on GW you gotta be a people person in this day in age and that he is not the guy is abrasive even in his interviews..

I've been hoping John Fox will be gone at Carolina, but I don't think it will happen. I honestly wouldn't be opposed to Gregg Williams as long as Al Saunders stayed on at OC.

And be in the same mess we're in now. JG is not all at fault when its come to coaching. These guys should share the blame.

And be in the same mess we're in now. JG is not all at fault when its come to coaching. These guys should share the blame.

Well said. It appears most of the people here want to give the players a pass for their mistakes. Maybe I should start watching the games with my eyes and ears shut so I can participate in this ludicrous discussion.

[quote name=

There is a reason that no one has given Russ a shot in 15 years, HE"S NOT HC MATERIAL!

QUOTE]

If that is the only thing you base your assessment on perhaps you are the one that is clueless

Pray tell, O Mighty One, how would you assess Russ Grimm then?

And please tell us something that a number of NFL owners haven't already told us through omission.

I will stick with Gibbs.

When Gibbs goes, I'd like to see someone like Jack Del Rio. While Williams is a logical candidate, we need someone with more fire, flexibility, and an "accountability" mindset. Del Rio would be a good candidate to light a permanent fire under these guys.

Archived