Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regarding Coach Gibbs and the Classless fanbase

TheHighlander

actually i needed to laugh...

this was good for that....

he MEANT to cost the team 15 yards....

he consciously decided to screw the pooch.....

next you will tell me that he has the "touch" and "saw" for sure that Lindell would make the second kick....

oy....:doh:

Not the point at all. The debate is not whether Joe should be coaching the team. The point is, after everything this team and coaching staff has endured this week, it would be dispicable to chant something like that on this particular day. Completely classless.

Given the Taylor tribute in your sig, hopefully you understand this.

If you cant understand why people chanted it you have your head in a hole. Why do we play football.....for a day out in the Sun....NO....to win and Gibbs has been in the way of that for a long time. If you want to blame somebody for the chants blame the incompetent Gibbs. And it goes alot further and longer then this game!

i've seen this said in various ways by other posters, and i still don't understand the logic.

Gibbs is a undeniable legend, but its been proven that he is not the same coach as he once was. If this is the case, why would you essentially grant him tenure?

the loyalty should lie with the organization, not the coach, no matter how successful he was in the past. :2cents:

Your signature is awesome. Made me laugh. Sadly, that is my exact response any more too.

actually i needed to laugh...

this was good for that....

he MEANT to cost the team 15 yards....

he consciously decided to screw the pooch.....

next you will tell me that he has the "touch" and "saw" for sure that Lindell would make the second kick....

oy....:doh:

FINALLY... someone makes sense.:applause:

What's it gonna take for some of you to see the light? With 5 minutes to go' date=' he's still trying to run the ball, imagining that he can just run the clock out. Dude, wake up! If we can't run the ball for the first 3 1/2 quarters, why does he think we can run it and run the clock out? It's the same old story and the same old result!

He's been doing this all year and he still has no clue. 3 and outs have never run the clock out and they never will.[/quote']

Not only was he trying to run the ball, he was trying to run it out of Goaline or Jumbo or whatever they call it. The man is stuck in the 80's. All these losses after leads and halfs is no accident it just baffles me why he cant figure it out!

We've had it with you too.

Especially you people starting new worthless threads that were posted weeks ago. Grow a brain.

see, its posts and attacks like this that makes me just stay away from the board most times... now i dont agree that he made the decision... several others have made the same statement to me today, but i just dont believe it.. .but the attacks on other fans on this board are just rediculous and shamefull at a time like this.... very depressing indeed

I'm so sick of the Redskins fanbase both those who post here and those idiots in the stadium booing the team and chanting "Gibbs must Go".

I've had it with you people. Call yourselves redksins fans? HA! I call BS on that. If you're a fan they you should know that you have to endure tough seasons and tough losses. You have to deal with silly plays and silly decisions. You have to take the rough with the smooth.

Now regading Hall of Famer, three time superbowl winning, legendary Head Coach Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs knows the rules of football. Joe knows without a doubt that you can't call two consecutive time outs. For Joe to call two consecutive time outs there is a reason, it's not a mistake it's a decision.

Did it ever cross the pea-brained minds of you people that the Redskins have been through a personal hell this week? All of them, even Coach Gibbs. They aren't impervious to pain or loss you know. No matter how much any fan thinks that they feel the loss of Sean Taylor, the players and coaches on the team feel that los an order of magnitude more. That team was under pressure to win this game. Self inflicted pressure to go out there and win one for Sean. Well guess what they were having a hard go of it. Their distraction was evident, they were simply not on form in this game. Too many mistakes and too many lapses. But here's the thing, the game was closing, the Bills were going to kick a field goal that was well within the reach of their kicker. (check his stats, he's good at 50+ yarders)

So Coach Gibbs has to make a decision, if he values his men as people he has to make a decision, if the kick is good from 50, which it is very likely to be, the media will be full of stories about how the Skins let another one go and how they couldn't win one for Sean. the media will be all over the players, the players will be blaming themselves, the media will blame everyone. But instead Gibbs makes what appears to be a ridiculous bone headed call, two consecutive time outs, even newbies know that you can't do that. But he the HOF legend does it.

Now the headlines are about Gibbs making a terrible decision. The pressure is on him, an the blame is on him. And I think that is exactly what he wanted. I think that Joe Gibbs made a decision to shoulder the blame for this one to take the pressure off his men. They have a funeral tomorrow and another game on Thursday. They've had a hell of a week. Joe is older and wiser. He knows that all this is nothing compared to the loss of a life, but he also knows that the media and fans don't think, at all. He knows that this way he gets he blame.

So for all of you idiots out there calling for Gibbs to go, for all of you classless pieces of work who booed your own team on this day of all days, for all of you, think about this, think about your own lives and how full they must be now that you've disrespected your team and your coach.

I don't care any moe, the Redskins will go on with or without you. But I'll tell you what, this forum can go on without me, I won't be back. Today was the last straw

.:helmet:

I'll be loyal to Coach Gibbs as a football coach and more importantly as a man until the end of my days. GO SKINS!!!

Perhaps classless if people were chanting but they paid their money to cheer, boo, chant what they want. I mean I want Joe to go so I cant really blame them. I dont see myself chanting that at a game but I do hope he steps down.

Im sick of 5-11 seasons personally.....i would think we all are. Its not working out. We are going to get smashed by the Bears most likely and I the only game we may win for the remainder of the year is when Dallas sends their JV team out. I hope im wrong and we win 4 straight to close the year but lets be realistic here....we are done.

Three losing season by Mr.Gibbs...the lone winning year was a struggle to get to 10 wins and we barely made the playoffs. This team isnt going anywhere in its current state. If we trot out the same schemes/coaches/philosophy next year than its a joke to think we would do any better.

Everyone keeps talkinga about the TO that was called....that was a blunder but what about the 3rd and NINE run play there at the end??? Gibbs coaches scared. Everyone knew the Bills would get the ball back w/ a minute and some change left and kick a FG. Our D hadnt stopped them since the 1qtr from atleast getting in FG range. We run 3 times??????? Cut the jokes. Take a chance JOE, try and win the game with YOUR OFFENSE rather than cross your fingers and watch our D lose it.

There are alot of jerks that call themselves Redskins fans who come only to FedEx to get drunk off their asses and make total fools out of themselves and US as a fanbase.

You got to hear them today.

It's ashamed since those *******s couldn't shut the **** up during a moment of silence for someone that many of us cared about and were mourning for him and his family.

It made THIS fanbase and alot of great Redskins fans who believe in the tradition and what it means to be a part of the Redskins to this area look bad.

For God Sake, Dallas; the Redskins "arch-rival", and their fans who attended could shut the **** up for 5 mother ****ing seconds.....

why couldn't we?

If you cant understand why people chanted it you have your head in a hole. Why do we play football.....for a day out in the Sun....NO....to win and Gibbs has been in the way of that for a long time. If you want to blame somebody for the chants blame the incompetent Gibbs. And it goes alot further and longer then this game!

Look, I understand why some want Joe gone. I watch the games like everyone else. However, as a human being, given the tragic circumstances of this week, I think it's rotten and inhuman to chant like this on this particular day. I find it disgusting, to be perfectly honest.

I swear to God, if it was up to me, I'd shut down this board for a week.

Sheesh.

Don't see how that would, the same old jackassery would begin as soon as you turned the lights back on.

I know if it were up to me the membership would be 10% smaller tomorrow.

I just don't understand how people can be so incredibly rude. Why does it seem like idiots are always at the games these days? I think the problem is that we don't have enough real fans at the stadium these days or something.

i think it is snot nosed young punks that were still pissing in their pants, or not even breathing yet when he was around the first time that are the disrespectful ones here... seems to be the norm with the youth today... no respect...

Don't see how that would, the same old jackassery would begin as soon as you turned the lights back on.

I know if it were up to me the membership would be 10% smaller tomorrow.

I think you had the percentage right the first time....

And yeah, I'd vote for that too.

A "free pass" is what Joe Gibbs has had for his 2nd tenure as Washington Redskins head coach. The fans and the ownership have given it to him based on past successes, and the fact that he promised to bring the Redskins back to past glory. However, it is clearly obvious that the man cannot coach a game or lead a team on the field anymore. It is not just this game and the two timeouts called at the end of the game. There are other situations that have been well documented here on this site that show some of the coach's shortcomings this season. It seems that some people on here still want to give him a free pass in light of the Sean Taylor tragedy. However, when it comes right down to it, did Sean Taylor cause him to call 2 timeouts? Was he so distracted by the whole situation, even though we were playing somewhat well up until the 4th quarter, that he forgot the rules of the game? I'm not buying it.

Gibbs won't be fired this week or the week after. in fact, he won't be fired at all. He'll stay here as long as he wants to because there is an owner here that is dazzled by shiny things such as the Super Bowl rings that Gibbs has on his fingers (although they hare getting duller by the minute).

Once again, we cannot use the ST tragedy as an excuse to forget what is wrong with this team. The things that are broken with this team were shown today, 2 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago, you name it. Things haven't changed on the field.

Look, I understand why some want Joe gone. I watch the games like everyone else. However, as a human being, given the tragic circumstances of this week, I think it's rotten and inhuman to chant like this on this particular day. I find it disgusting, to be perfectly honest.

Probably not a good day to hear it but it has been long time coming and Gibbs has been horrible and people are fed up.

i've seen this said in various ways by other posters, and i still don't understand the logic.

Gibbs is a undeniable legend, but its been proven that he is not the same coach as he once was. If this is the case, why would you essentially grant him tenure?

the loyalty should lie with the organization, not the coach, no matter how successful he was in the past. :2cents:

I see the logic, Still. I just can't see telling Joe to go. :whoknows:

Joe Gibbs knows the rules of football. Joe knows without a doubt that you can't call two consecutive time outs. For Joe to call two consecutive time outs there is a reason, it's not a mistake it's a decision.

But instead Gibbs makes what appears to be a ridiculous bone headed call, two consecutive time outs, even newbies know that you can't do that. But he the HOF legend does it.

This has to be a joke :doh:

i think it is snot nosed young punks that were still pissing in their pants, or not even breathing yet when he was around the first time that are the disrespectful ones here... seems to be the norm with the youth today... no respect...

It is mostly younger people, sure. It pisses me off because it makes me look like another one of those "snot nosed punks." Maybe some people need to go to games with mom and dad still.

I'm so sick of the Redskins fanbase both those who post here and those idiots in the stadium booing the team and chanting "Gibbs must Go".

I've had it with you people. Call yourselves redksins fans? HA! I call BS on that. If you're a fan they you should know that you have to endure tough seasons and tough losses. You have to deal with silly plays and silly decisions. You have to take the rough with the smooth.

Now regading Hall of Famer, three time superbowl winning, legendary Head Coach Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs knows the rules of football. Joe knows without a doubt that you can't call two consecutive time outs. For Joe to call two consecutive time outs there is a reason, it's not a mistake it's a decision.

Did it ever cross the pea-brained minds of you people that the Redskins have been through a personal hell this week? All of them, even Coach Gibbs. They aren't impervious to pain or loss you know. No matter how much any fan thinks that they feel the loss of Sean Taylor, the players and coaches on the team feel that los an order of magnitude more. That team was under pressure to win this game. Self inflicted pressure to go out there and win one for Sean. Well guess what they were having a hard go of it. Their distraction was evident, they were simply not on form in this game. Too many mistakes and too many lapses. But here's the thing, the game was closing, the Bills were going to kick a field goal that was well within the reach of their kicker. (check his stats, he's good at 50+ yarders)

So Coach Gibbs has to make a decision, if he values his men as people he has to make a decision, if the kick is good from 50, which it is very likely to be, the media will be full of stories about how the Skins let another one go and how they couldn't win one for Sean. the media will be all over the players, the players will be blaming themselves, the media will blame everyone. But instead Gibbs makes what appears to be a ridiculous bone headed call, two consecutive time outs, even newbies know that you can't do that. But he the HOF legend does it.

Now the headlines are about Gibbs making a terrible decision. The pressure is on him, an the blame is on him. And I think that is exactly what he wanted. I think that Joe Gibbs made a decision to shoulder the blame for this one to take the pressure off his men. They have a funeral tomorrow and another game on Thursday. They've had a hell of a week. Joe is older and wiser. He knows that all this is nothing compared to the loss of a life, but he also knows that the media and fans don't think, at all. He knows that this way he gets he blame.

So for all of you idiots out there calling for Gibbs to go, for all of you classless pieces of work who booed your own team on this day of all days, for all of you, think about this, think about your own lives and how full they must be now that you've disrespected your team and your coach.

I don't care any moe, the Redskins will go on with or without you. But I'll tell you what, this forum can go on without me, I won't be back. Today was the last straw

So, let me get this straight. You're telling me Gibbs decision to call those back-to-back timeouts was done on purpose? :doh:

Honestly, I'm disappointed as everyone else, but I don't hate Joe Gibbs. However, I understand those who do completely.

What should the fans do after another improbable loss? Cheer? Sit still with a poo-eating grin on their face? This is like those relationships where the boyfriend was a charming sweetheart but after marriage, he becomes a wifebeater, but the girl puts up with it because she loves him, and occasionally, he gives her a gift. This is an abusive relationship, man.

And the Redskins may go on with or without the so called "fans", but the Redskins will also go on with or without Joe Gibbs.

Archived