Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Steinberg of WaPo blows up on Colin Cowherd!

Stricknn

Unfortunately, I was the one to give Dan the bad news about ST:(

[/url]

Sean Taylor, great player has a history of really really bad judgment,
really
really bad judgment. Cops, assault, spitting, DUI. I'm supposed to believe his judgment got significantly better in two years, from horrible to fantastic? 'But Colin he cleaned up his act.' Well yeah, just because you clean the rug doesn't mean you got everything out. Sometimes you've got stains, stuff so deep it never ever leaves.

Stains? Spitting and a DUI arrest that was thrown out are stains so deep they never leave? T.O. has spit. LenDale White has spit. Chris Samuels claimed that Antonio Smith spit. Charles Barkley spit on a young girl. Roberto Alomar spit at an umpire. Lot of people have stains, I guess. Wouldn't be surprised if any of them die, I guess. Seriously, there is one prior public incident in Sean Taylor's life that causes serious concern in this case, the one involving guns. It sure isn't the fact that he spit on a player or had a DUI charge that was dismissed.

My gut feeling with this story, and we said yesterday, yesterday was not really a day to go out, yesterday was sort of a day, you know, grieving, but we're past the memorial part. It's grown-up time, ask yourself realistic questions....Just because somebody cleans the rugs doesn't mean there aren't stains. No matter what those commercials, OxyClean, tell you on cable TV, some stains you can't get out. And if you have bad judgment for 23 years of your life, even if you clean it up, your judgment doesn't get great over night.

I suppose this is true enough, in general. How it relates to this case, neither I nor Colin Cowherd has any idea, since we have absolutely no idea how Taylor's judgment related to what happened to him. Cowherd is just throwing stuff like that out there to stir passions among his listeners. It's nasty stuff. There is no possible justification for using "stains you can't get out" in what you're claiming is "serious, grown-up talk." That's media jackal talk.

I want to know the truth. I want to know the details. It's not pretty? I don't care, I'm a grown-up. I can handle not pretty. A lot of people can't in the media, a lot of people can't, 'Oh, wah wah wah, sensitivity, he's a great person, wah wah wah.' Hey, I don't care, that's fine, he died, let's get to the truth. We're all about the truth. We always say on this show, we're not always good, we're always honest. Just give me honesty.

Colin, you're a brave soldier for journalistic freedom and investigative verve. All of us innocent souls who chose not to use the phrase "stains you can't get out" in the first few days are, as you said, "sheep...like 95 percent of the media." But you're a grown-up. You can launch random, loaded phrases from the truth-seeking depth of your soul, because you, my journalistic hero, can handle it.

So that was yesterday. And then I'm listening today, and Cowherd quotes Antrel Rolle's remarks and then, I swear, gloats over the fact that his "gut feeling" has been proven correct, that Taylor's death was surely not a random act. It's hard for me even to know how to respond to someone who would publicly gloat over something like this, and my attempted tape recording of the program didn't come out well, but I can tell you that he talked about CIA profiling and diversity and, well, this:

I didn't grow up African American. I grew up middle class. I wanted Stephen A.'s perspective on the story. And during this story I leaned on Stephen A., Michael Wilbon and Jason Whitlock for a perspective I don't have. You walk around ESPN, it's in the halls, on the posters, Diversity, Capital D, big letter. You know why Diversity's really important at ESPN, a big company? Because it gives you more people with unique perspectives. And if you're a growing company, you want to stay fresh, you need to have a 23-year old Hispanic gal or guy tell us what's going on in your community. Asian, white, black, Hispanic, everybody, new voices, young voices, old voices. You walk the halls of ESPN, it's the United Nations. It's great. Canadians, Hispanics, Europeans. They give us a perspective we don't have.

Ok. Awesome. And then he concludes:

Well, again, congratulations Colin. You, indeed, are the big winner this week. Enjoy your success.

I think most people would listen to Antrel Rolle and think he's right, I think he's right. In my mind, this was a hit. It wasn't random, it was a planned attack. Vinny Cerrato has also said this. A lot of people have said this.

The difference is that Cowherd is a piece of ****, gloating over it as if Sean Taylor deserves to be dead. He's such an *******.

Just wanted to add, that Sean Taylor should be a role model and inspiration in his death. Everyone makes mistakes, and almost everyone I know has either done something they regret or been around people who've lived checkered lives. Some of those people didn't have the strength to change because it's hard to do. Taylor was motivated to do it for all the right reasons, but lowlifes like Cowherd don't want to focus on that. They'd rather tear someone apart for ratings, to draw attention to himself. And the sad thing is that it's working. I didn't know who this idiot was until I read about him on this message board. And from this, I'm glad I've never listened to him.

My hats off to Dan Steinberg. An unbelievable piece of journalism on his part; and, having the courage to voice his disapproval of Colin Cowherd and other so-called "media giants".

Does anyone have or know how to get a phone number to call Dan Steinberg? I know his e-mail address is listed on the blog, but, I think this is deserving of a phone call.

I listened to him a little bit today since I was on the road and was disappointed because of the slant he's taking.

The upset isn't over that Cowherd saying he thinks Sean Taylor's past caught up with him, its that he's doing it to make noise. He's doing it too soon. He's only focusing on the dark past. I didn't hear him devote anytime to the father, the man he became. None. It never happened to Cowherd.

He's just there to provoke emotions. But He's also doing it in an egotistical self-righteous way, even discrediting the PROFESSIONALS handling the case. He said today that Miami police said it was a random act of violence because the Miami police don't really know. He thinks they're missing the obvious. While this could technically be true, its bull**** to hear him, a god damn sports pundit sitting behind a microphone, discredit professionals who have been privy to details of the crime and have been in criminal justice for years. Miami PD has over a hundred years of serving the public and investigating crime. Cowherd, however, knows exactly what happened, and is a thousand miles away from the crime scene. Why doesn't he quit radio and just be an investigator, I mean, if he thinks he really has better insight that the professionals investigating this murder.

Really, the problem with this isn't that he's saying Taylors past is related to the murder, the problem that he is capitalizing on his death by being an ******* on the matter to get publicity. Because after all, Cowherd is like the neglected child of a large family. He doesn't get attention. He craves it and makes noise to do so.

of course...this opens cowherd up...were he ever...ummmmm.....x'd out to comments such as "I'm not surprised. He was so provocative. He had too may stains in his journalistic rug. Let's be adult about this - he is responsible for what happened to him through the combustible content he went on-air with every day."

He's just there to provoke emotions. But He's also doing it in an egotistical self-righteous way, even discrediting the PROFESSIONALS handling the case. He said today that Miami police said it was a random act of violence because the Miami police don't really know. He thinks they're missing the obvious. While this could technically be true, its bull**** to hear him, a god damn sports pundit sitting behind a microphone, discredit professionals who have been privy to details of the crime and have been in criminal justice for years. Miami PD has over a hundred years of serving the public and investigating crime. Cowherd, however, knows exactly what happened, and is a thousand miles away from the crime scene. Why doesn't he quit radio and just be an investigator, I mean, if he thinks he really has better insight that the professionals investigating this murder.

What Cowherd doesn't understand is that the investigators will often downplay or even release false information via the press to give the people who did it a false sense of security. If they know who did it or know what the motive was, they aren't going to say so publicly until the person is in custody. It's information warfare in a way.

Cowherd is a tool.

Colin Cowfecies is comparing Sean Taylor's life/turnaround to an EFFING RUG???????? I mean are you effing kidding me? He is saying "some" rugs stains come up but not all...and that is supposed to be the equivalent of Sean's life "maybe" changing and "coming clean"?

I mean how does this guy have a job?

..And people say pro-atheletes arent the intelligent ones. WOW.

The guy gets killed in his own house yet HE is the victim?

Every human on earth has made mistakes when they were young...i have....we all have. People arent allowed to turn their lives around?????? I mean the guy changes his lifestyle and he's murdered and all this clown talks about is how he had some past troubles?

A guy like Cowherd is amazing. He gloats and parades his opinions about a DEAD man he knew nothing about. Sean passed away two days ago, and he's beating his chest about how right he think he was about the murder. Yet, he neglects the fact that he left behind a little baby, and a family that love him. What if ST's parents were listening? How about his fiance? The man isn't even buried yet, and he is basically assassinating him all over again. From experience, this is a time that people close to Sean is looking to prepare to put that man to rest. (WHICH IS THE MOST GUT WRENCHING THING OF ALL), however he finds pleasure in vilifying that man based upon his own preconceived notions about what occured. Cowherd and people like him are snakes. A mindless, heartless, stinkin, piece of garbage hypocrite!

Let his son, father, brother...etc get murdered. I hope he is willing to bring up all of their past "bad judgements" up on his radio show. For his sake, i hope it doesn't, yet God does have a way of humbling people, lets hope that it doesn't take something as drastic as this to ground this moron.

Colin Cowfecies is comparing Sean Taylor's life/turnaround to an EFFING RUG???????? I mean are you effing kidding me? He is saying "some" rugs stains come up but not all...and that is supposed to be the equivalent of Sean's life "maybe" changing and "coming clean"?

I mean how does this guy have a job?

..And people say pro-atheletes arent the intelligent ones. WOW.

The guy gets killed in his own house yet HE is the victim?

Every human on earth has made mistakes when they were young...i have....we all have. People arent allowed to turn their lives around?????? I mean the guy changes his lifestyle and he's murdered and all this clown talks about is how he had some past troubles?

Again, it would be nice if Cowturd had the stones to call ST's Mom or Dad on live radio to tell them the same thing..... i think not.

colin cowherd thinks 95% of the media are sheep? he works for the ****in shepperd

colin - how about your thoughts on the isaiah thomas sexual assault? oh thats right - espn isnt covering that based on their own recent history with reynolds and salisbury

not to mention the fact that, regarding the story in question, he hardly stands alone in his views

hey colin - you think sean's past contributed to this? are you some sort of ****ing genius? no matter waht anyone's opinion on this is, the fact that cowherd runs his mouth off as if this is 'his' opinion is laughable. millinos of americans have that opinion.

when the patriots beat the dolphins week 16 he will likely go out of his way to point out that he predicted it

colin - you are right out there in the pasture with everyone else

tgijef

Here's what I don't understand about Cowherd's garbage. Let's say this was a hit. Someone from ST's past with a grudge came back and murdered him. Are we then supposed to be happy that he's dead? Rather than crying and attending vigils we should be laughing and celebrating that he got what was coming to him?

If not, then I don't get what Colin's point is. Whether it was a hit or a botched burglary, it's horrible and tragic. Sean HAD turned his life around, but even if he hadn't, it doesn't mean he deserved to be executed. I just don't get what this a-hole is trying to prove here. Even if his "gut feeling" turns out to be right--and we're a LONG way from that being proven--SO WHAT? Is that something to be happy about? What happened is tragic, no matter which way you look at it.

Some people have no heart. What business is it of ours to judge Sean Taylor, especially at this time? Good people make bad decisions all the time, but that doesn't mean they deserve something or should expect something to happen.

Some people act like Sean Taylor was a complete idiot for hanging out with the supposed wrong crowd, but I can tell you for certain that if I grew up in a violent area I would probably make some less than stellar friends. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm a bad person, or that I deserve anything bad that comes my way. Sean Taylor managed to stay focused, go to a good school and make it in the NFL. He didn't get shot because he was dealing drugs in the streets. He got shot while trying to be a good father and support his family the right way, and yet he's constantly criticized.

Sean Taylor never killed anybody, and people should stop treating him like he did.

Archived